News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MadameRoseRules

MadameRoseRules Profile Photo
Member Name: MadameRoseRules
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Now that SPRING AWAKENING has closed, does anyone still miss GYPSY?
 Jan 20 2009, 09:48:24 PM
Rosie as Cratchitt AND Mazeppa! That would rock!
re: Happy Inauguration Day Broadway!
 Jan 20 2009, 09:44:02 PM
I don't think there's any cause for people to be "frigtened" by the support for Obama. The support is cheerfully over the top, certainly, but a large portion of it is no doubt just coming from relief that after eight years of Bush we've finally got a decent man as President again. Obama has a brain and isn't afraid to use it. I don't know what Bush had between his ears, except perhaps a void, and sayonara to it!
 Jan 20 2009, 05:08:53 PM
Queen Latifah gets my vote as Rose! That would be awesome.
 Jan 20 2009, 04:07:31 PM
So glad to hear I'm not the only one who misses GYPSY! I also keep playing the score all week. And I wish La Grande Patti would at least write a Ramblings from the Road on her blog again too. I need some kind of a Patti fix.
re: For Patti LuPone and Hello Dolly fans only!
 Jan 15 2009, 02:02:44 PM
Jerry Herman, please take note: in my humble opinion, Patti would make a great Dolly, or a great Mame, or a great Countess Aurelia, OR a great Jacqueline in "La Cage" - any one of them! I, too, would come to see her in anything, after seeing what she did with "Gypsy." You RULE, Patti!
re: Review- Final Performance of Gypsy
 Jan 15 2009, 01:59:15 PM
Ah, surely SOMEBODY must have some of those Angus McEndoe's party pics, whether that was the official party or not. It would be fun to see them. I'd love to see more stage door pictures from the last performance, too, as one of you also said.
re: BRIGHTON BEACH MEMOIRS-NEW BROADWAY REVIVAL-OPEN CALL FOR THE ROLE OF E
 Jan 14 2009, 10:40:16 PM
I'm so thrilled to hear there's going to be a revival of this show! It's one of my favorites.
re: SAM MENDES GYPSY
 Jan 14 2009, 10:26:38 PM
I saw the Mendes production - once. I'm a fan of the show "Gypsy" itself, saw it with Angela Lansbury as a child, and went to innumerable performances of the Tyne Daly and Patti LuPone productions, but I could only sit through the Mendes thing once. To me, it was only interesting on a historical level because they tried to recreate some of the actual costumes from Dainty June's vaudeville act.
 Jan 14 2009, 10:11:51 PM
Thanks so much to all those of you who posted pictures on here from the final performance...particularly the ones from the curtain call (I had such tall people in front of me that I couldn't see most of the curtain call during the standing ovation)! Does anyone have any pictures of the party the cast had after the show at Angus McEndoe's? I was hoping Broadwayworld would cover it but the pics have yet to appear.
re: Who else is excited to see Rupert Everett onstage?
 Jan 12 2009, 09:32:16 PM
I'm excited to see Rupert Everett and everybody who is in the cast of Blithe Spirit! I'll be at the first preview.
 Jan 12 2009, 09:25:12 PM
One of my favorite bits in yesterday's performance was when, during "You'll Never Get Away from Me," when Boyd said the line, "Rose, I love you..." his voice broke. It was so clear all through the run, all the way back to City Center, how much love all of those cast members have for each other. Maybe that's what made this production so beautifully different.
re: Dumpters after shows close?
 Jan 12 2009, 09:14:02 PM
Did anybody happen to dive in any dumpsters over by Gypsy today?
re: Dumpters after shows close?
 Jan 12 2009, 09:14:00 PM
Did anybody happen to dive in any dumpsters over by Gypsy today?
 Jan 11 2009, 09:15:31 PM
This was the best theater performance I have ever seen, anyplace, anywhere, any time, any how, any way. The audience was filled with fans of the show and so it was like being at an event that was part theatrical performance, part pep rally and part love fest. I got to speak to just about everybody in the cast (except Body) at the stage door afterwards, including Patti LuPone, who is an absolute darling. I hope all of you who were in or involved with this magnificent production of "Gypsy" real
re: Thoughts On The Final Performance Of HAIRSPRAY
 Jan 5 2009, 10:16:58 PM
I was so lucky to see Harvey Fierstein in HAIRSPRAY again a week ago. Harvey, if you're out there and come across this, I just want you to know that this world is a lot more fabulous because you're in it! I can't wait to see what you do next. All the best to you!
re: Broadway Ushers
 Jan 5 2009, 10:06:02 PM
I'm five feet tall. My worst Broadway usher experience happened at the revival of "Annie" in the 1990's. The theater is now called the Hirschfeld. Maybe it's been renovated since then, but at the time the rows of seats in the orchestra weren't on an steep enough angle and people's heads were in each other's way. They had all these "booster pillows" available, so I took one.

They did NOT, repeat, not, one mo' time, that word was NOT, have a sign visible saying that the booster pillo

re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
 Jan 5 2009, 09:30:57 PM
Lansbury

Preston (after Robert Preston)

And last but most fabulously: Fierstein! That would make such a terrific first name.

re: Any Plans for a Patti LuPone 'Gypsy' DVD?
 Nov 30 2008, 11:36:59 AM
Ah, now this is the best news of the week! Perhaps of the decade.
re: Gypsy Seating Question
 Nov 29 2008, 04:50:31 PM
I've bought seats up there. Those seats are fine. Usually the balcony's half empty and the people in the last two rows can move down. The first row of that balcony isn't great, though, because there's a guardrail that it's hard to see over.
re: What Times Square Area Buildings Use To Be Theaters?
 Nov 29 2008, 04:18:35 PM
This thread is fascinating.

I heard that the New Victory Theater used to be Minsky's.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You