News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WarnTheDuke

WarnTheDuke Profile Photo
Member Name: WarnTheDuke
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: South Pacific cancellation line
 May 30 2008, 12:07:46 AM
I don't post much here, but thought I'd share my experience.

I did the cancellation line yesterday - Wednesday 5/28 - for the matinée. I arrived at 11:15am and there were already 7 people ahead of me in line. By about 12:00pm, all of us, including the woman behind me, had gotten tickets. I also talked to a woman a bit later who was further back in line and she said after I left at least 3 more people got tickets as well, making for a total of at least 12 tickets released yesterday. Not

re: T.R. Knight In CREATION NATION This Wednesday At The Zipper!!
 May 18 2007, 11:39:19 AM
It's fixed now. Thanks for the heads up!
T.R. Knight In CREATION NATION This Wednesday At The Zipper!!
 May 18 2007, 10:58:55 AM
Is anyone going to see this??

"On Wednesday, May 23, Billy Willing and Robin Lord bring you a one-time only, highlight edition of their wildly addictive, pop culture soaked, variety-talk show, Creation Nation for The Zipper Theater.

This twisted, late night phenome
re: shows that are not on cd
 Aug 25 2006, 05:55:48 PM
The Deaf West Big River Revival! Also Roundabout, no?
re: What time do people line up for MACBETH?
 Jul 1 2006, 12:00:23 AM
I get to work at 10am and there are at LEAST 30-40 people in line by then. Have fun!
re: Zhivago Rush at the La Jolla
 May 23 2006, 11:50:07 AM
When I called the Box Office, the woman said that they had gotten everyone in from the rush line every night of previews up until then. (This was last Wednesday) Now that it's open, things may have changed. Good luck!
re: Jersey Boys Question
 May 22 2006, 06:05:04 PM
If I had to choose between rear Orch and rear Mezz, I would do Mezz because while the projections aren't THAT important, it's nice to see the full stage picture (which can be viewed just fine from even the very last row in Mezz.) ENJOY!
re: legally blonde oh dear
 May 19 2006, 12:36:47 PM
Hmm... There's a Fonda in First Wives Club? Are you referring to Goldie Fonda perhaps?

; )

re: A White Black Guy In Hairspray?
 May 4 2006, 02:04:13 PM
Misto,

Michelle Dowdy was Tracy, Lindsay Nicole Chambers was Prudy, and Bryan West was Sketch. There were no slips in the Playbill as to who was playing Tommy or the Radio Guy (Sorry I don't know the actual name, it's either Thad, Duane or Gilbert I believe).

May 3 2006, 01:01:02 AM
Don't worry Respeck, it's all in fun! Thanks for trying to keep the peace.
 May 3 2006, 12:50:58 AM
Thanks so much for your thoughts SueleenGay! Somehow, I managed to follow your extemely wordy, complicated post.

In a show that contains a topic such as integration, it usually serves the plot to have the black characters be played by black actors and the white characters played by white actors, however small the role is, otherwise what's the point? If I follow your skewed logic, then a character such as Mrs. Von Tussle could be played by a black actress and Motormouth Maybelle coul

May 3 2006, 12:24:05 AM
Wow, which scenes and songs did they cut? Are they even allowed to do that?
A White Black Guy In Hairspray?
 May 3 2006, 12:02:54 AM
Hi All!

So I saw Hairspray tonight, and when I opened up the Playbill, three understudy notices fell out for Tracy, Prudy and Sketch. Fine, I love watching understudies go on. However, when the show started, I noticed that the character of "Tammy" was strangely missing and replaced by a character named "Tommy" who I had never seen or heard of before and also the black guy who always carries around the radio was replaced by a white guy (who was a fabulous dancer, but ultimately white)

re: Piazza smoking
 Apr 23 2006, 11:54:39 PM
Only to duplicate the fullness of the smoke that used to come out of Frankie Valli's cigarettes!

J/K ; )

JLY AND his cigarettes are amazing!

re: Piazza smoking
 Apr 23 2006, 06:16:34 PM
FYI, The Jersey Boys smoke their own cigarettes. There are no cigarette stand-ins offstage.
re: Michelle Federer!
 Sep 24 2004, 12:01:33 AM
She is gorgeous, and has a beautiful voice. I'm pissed that we can only hear her in "Dancing Through Life" on the cast album.
re: Best Broadway Choreographer
 Aug 18 2004, 10:16:56 PM
I love Jerry Mitchell!
re: Favorite Dance Breaks in Songs
 Aug 5 2004, 03:20:57 AM
Has anyone noticed the dance break in the record store during "Run and Tell That" in Hairspray? The drums play loudly and the "negros" shake their booties! Not on the CD, but still fabulous! I love it!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You