Jersey Boys Question

Heybeenfood Profile Photo
Heybeenfood
#0Jersey Boys Question
Posted: 5/22/06 at 5:15pm

I have been trying to get Jersey Boys tickets and it is impossible. I accept the fact that my seats will not be good and that I will have to pay over 100 dollars but if I get tickets where should I get them? Back of mezzanine? Partial view? And how long is JLY contracted for? thanks

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#1re: Jersey Boys Question
Posted: 5/22/06 at 5:19pm

Any seat is really good. I've had the front of orchestra and back, and both have been fine. People have also said mezz is a fine view.

JLY is contracted through October.

craig238
#2re: Jersey Boys Question
Posted: 5/22/06 at 5:42pm

I had 'partial view' in the back of the orchestra (I beleive it was row W) - you miss the top of a projection they show for a couple of seconds - not a big deal at all. Not a show to be missed !!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#3re: Jersey Boys Question
Posted: 5/22/06 at 5:42pm

I perosnally would get the front orchestra if possible (rows 1-10) because when you're under the mezzanine it blocks the screens (which is no big deal). The back of the orchestra was still a very good spot, though.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

WarnTheDuke Profile Photo
WarnTheDuke
#4re: Jersey Boys Question
Posted: 5/22/06 at 6:05pm

If I had to choose between rear Orch and rear Mezz, I would do Mezz because while the projections aren't THAT important, it's nice to see the full stage picture (which can be viewed just fine from even the very last row in Mezz.) ENJOY!

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#5re: Jersey Boys Question
Posted: 5/22/06 at 6:07pm

The August Wilson theatre is amazing- and every seat offers a unique and personal view. I have seen the show 3 times- once in the orch and twice in the mez, and enjoyed my times in the back more than the front. I also notice that more NJ people sit in the mez, making for a more enthusiastic crowd.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#6re: Jersey Boys Question
Posted: 6/15/06 at 1:16pm

Has anyone sat in the front half of the orchestra on either the right or left side on the aisle closest to the wall?

Are these seats okay or would you not be able to see some of the stage from that angle? Also, how are the seats at the August Wilson Theatre? Are they roomy or are the rows of seats so close together that your knees are killing you by the end of the performance like some of the other theaters I have been in?

Lastly, how likely is it that JLY will renew his contract beyond October? It's likely I won't be able to go until November or December if I'm lucky enough to get a ticket.

treyisthekiller Profile Photo
treyisthekiller
#7re: Jersey Boys Question
Posted: 6/15/06 at 1:22pm

i read on broadway.com that he was contracted until july 2nd...

as wells as katie clarke for piazza
and barret foa in Q

am i wrong?

'Acting provides the fulfillment of never being fulfilled. You're never as good as you'd like to be. So there's always something to hope for.' -- Washington Irving

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#8re: Jersey Boys Question
Posted: 6/15/06 at 1:27pm

John Lloyd said himself, and has posted on his site, that he's contracted through October.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#9re: Jersey Boys Question
Posted: 6/15/06 at 1:58pm

pushdabutton- I sat in the front row all the way on the left. I could see everything. And i guess the further back you go the better. Updated On: 6/15/06 at 01:58 PM

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#10re: Jersey Boys Question
Posted: 6/15/06 at 5:57pm

Thanks Just John.

I was hoping that you would get a full view from the side. Now I have to see what tickets are available. Did you enjoy the show?

Videos