News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for heathurr2

heathurr2 Profile Photo
Member Name: heathurr2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Best Act I Finale's
 Nov 3 2010, 12:16:55 PM
If we're talking current Broadway, I'd have to say I was blown away by the Act 1 finale of In the Heights.
All time Broadway? Gypsy.

re: who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Nov 3 2010, 12:13:38 PM
Anybody know the address to write to Tony Kushner?
Amanda Palmer as the Emcee in A.R.T's 'Cabaret'
 Sep 18 2010, 09:06:20 AM
Has anyone had luck with the cancellation line? I'm going to be in Boston Oct 4-7th and really want to see this...
Angels In America - Signature Theatre
 Sep 16 2010, 04:03:10 PM
I'm so unbelievably excited for this. Angels is my most favourite play ever, like it's part of my soul. I even included the character of Harper in my undergrad thesis. I am in awe of this play. I'm coming to New York in early October & am seeing Perestroika on the 9th!

Quick question: I called yesterday to try and get a seat and I got the last $20 ticket for that night despite the website listing the show as "sold-out for online sales". Now, a friend of mine called to get a ticket under

Tonight at La Cage... soundboard dies
 Apr 30 2010, 08:50:54 AM
I was there that night. It was disappointing to lose the build-up to I am What I am, but hey some things cannot be helped. I didn't mind the halt, and the crowd didn't seem to either... it was a great audience in my opinion. Grammer apologized again at the stage door, which was super nice.
I also thought the joke was funny.

Thoughts on 'Sondheim on Sondheim'
 Apr 28 2010, 01:03:13 PM
I thought the show was great. Any Sondheim is better than no Sondheim. Tom Wopat's Sweeney was especially striking, and Barbara Cook is just perfection no matter what she sings. Was anyone there for the Sunday, April 25th matinee? Barbara Cook came to the stage door and instead of signing playbills she sang to us! it was amazing, I was right in front of her!! She sang "I'm Alamaba Bound'.
Sondheim Gala at City Center! WOW!
 Apr 28 2010, 12:59:25 PM
I planned a trip to NY around this, paid more than I could afford for mid mezz seats... and it was every bit worth it. Especially to see Raul sing Being Alive. I was shaking during his performance. It's unbelievable the physyical effect Sondheim's music can have on me sometimes, shakes and chills. Wow.
Great show.

re: West Side Story Spanish Lyrics
 Aug 6 2009, 03:49:40 PM
Could anyone help me out with the Spanish translation of the line
"Hold my hand and we're halfway there" ?
Many thanks!!

re: Where's the stage door? thread
 May 1 2009, 10:59:20 AM
Al Hirschfeld stage door?
re: West Side Story Lottery
 May 1 2009, 10:49:07 AM
I wanted to see the show this weekend, but of course it's sold out.
So, I'm trying the lottery. I know I won't win though...
Does WSS have a SRO policy?

re: Kerry Ellis, Fangirls, Pins..Oh My
 Apr 28 2009, 12:37:27 PM
I thought it might be hair pins she was talking about.
And I definitely think she made the remark because of the screaming. And that is hilariously fabulous.

re: Nunn-directed NIGHT MUSIC revival to open in December
 Apr 28 2009, 12:22:16 PM
Holy sh*t.
YES!!

re: Cook to Star in iSondheim for Roundabout?
 Apr 24 2009, 01:28:31 PM
Merrily fell through?? NOOO! That just crushed me.

Anyway, I saw this earlier and flipped. Very exciting! If it happens I will definitely make a trip to NY just to see it.
Still hate the title though.

re: 'In the Heights' Documentary to Air on PBS 5/27
 Apr 24 2009, 01:26:24 PM
In response to the Canadians who were wondering when it airs in Canada: It's usually the same night as the American air date. Just adjust the time listed to your time zone. I live in Nova Scotia and it's always the same night, just instead of it being on at 8 (Eastern) it's on at 9 Atlantic time!
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 Apr 22 2009, 04:12:19 PM
I'm looking to see the show on the weekend of May 2nd.
What's my best bet for cheap tickets? I have a discount code for $60 tickets. Anyone know if I can find a better deal?
I'm really excited to see this show, I have a few songs from the CR on iTunes and they're great.
Thanks!!

re: West Side Story Lottery
 Feb 26 2009, 09:31:58 AM
So the lottery isn't all the seats in the front row? Anyone have an idea how many seats are up for grabs in the lottery?
I'm thinking of trying to see the show in May and wondering if I should risk the lottery.

re: Raul Esparza = real espresso?
 Feb 26 2009, 09:27:02 AM
"My favorite one of all was the "gypsy ringtones" LOL"

Haha, funny thing is I actually have a Gypsy ringtone!

re: I'd give my arm and leg to see....
 Jan 26 2009, 05:46:28 PM
An A Little Night Music revival!!
Ooh, and Angels in America.
I would gladly give up limbs!

re: You Just Got Patti LuPWNed! Hilarious Remix.
 Jan 26 2009, 05:42:42 PM
When I watched this video all I could think was "Which BWW poster made this??" It had to be one of us, no?
re: HAIR Cast to Be Unveiled Throughout Week; First Tribe Members Announced
 Jan 26 2009, 05:41:08 PM
The cast better be damn good with all this build up!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You