RippedMan
#4Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/14/10 at 1:34pm

Going sunday!

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#5Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/14/10 at 2:02pm

My dear bjh2114, I type corrected. In my haste, I neglected to recognize the need for the contraction "who's" versus the possessive "whose." I will modify the thread accordingly.

You are ever so kind to correct me.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#6Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/14/10 at 2:41pm

Anyone trying the cancellation line/stair seats? If so, care to report on your findings???

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#7Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/14/10 at 2:51pm

They're still seating people on the stairs? Man, I haven't done that in 10 years.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#8Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/14/10 at 3:02pm

^apparently. I just called to confirm, and though they were a little cryptic with the information, I was told that they would be releasing those seats "a few minutes up until curtain."

JeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
#9Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/14/10 at 6:20pm

I'll be there on Saturday for both parts. Eager to hear back about what people think.

Luv2goToShows
#10Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/14/10 at 7:05pm

Seeing part 2 next week, I will read Part 1 and watch the miniseries so I am familiar with the first part prior to going.

FindingNamo
#11Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/14/10 at 10:44pm

For the love of all that is holy will somebody PLEASE tell me if there is a show curtain?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

DMsquared2 Profile Photo
DMsquared2
#12Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/15/10 at 12:01am

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know the story behind the artwork for this production?

Trekkie2
#13Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/15/10 at 10:10am

So, Playbill says that part two opens tonight, but signature's web site says that part one is being performed tonight. Does anyone know which one is actually being performed? I'm thinking of trying the waitlist tonight, but I'd like to know what show I'm trying to see...

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#14Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/15/10 at 10:11am

It's Part 1.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

heathurr2 Profile Photo
heathurr2
#15Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/16/10 at 4:03pm

I'm so unbelievably excited for this. Angels is my most favourite play ever, like it's part of my soul. I even included the character of Harper in my undergrad thesis. I am in awe of this play. I'm coming to New York in early October & am seeing Perestroika on the 9th!

Quick question: I called yesterday to try and get a seat and I got the last $20 ticket for that night despite the website listing the show as "sold-out for online sales". Now, a friend of mine called to get a ticket under the same circumstances (sold-out online) and was told once it sells out online only premium seats for $150 were left. Yet I got a $20 ticket?
Which one of us was misinformed?

"As we all should probably have learned by now, to be a Stephen Sondheim fan is to have one's heart broken at regular intervals" - Frank Rich

"I think it's appropriate: iSondheim - a Sondheim for the new generation! (wailing guitar riff) Get your kids hooked early on Sondheim, so they'll grow up to be just as emotionally stilted and self-conscious as we are! - BustopherPhantom

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#16Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/16/10 at 4:21pm

Sounds like you lucked out and got a $20 seat that a subscriber had just done an exchange on? That would be my guess.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#17Angels In America - Signature Theatre
Posted: 9/16/10 at 9:14pm

heathur...it was my understanding that all tickets for this production up until something like December 21st were $20. Or am I terribly misinformed.