News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Finch

Member Name: Finch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best use of a revolve?  Jan 15 2023, 11:37:35 PM

You are all forgetting the multiple revolves in Oliver Smith's original designs for My Fair Lady.

What is the highlight of your theatre going experiences?)  Sep 15 2022, 10:39:36 PM

1.  Auntie Mame -- Sylvia Sydney (Bus n Truck co)

2.  The Music Man -- Preston and Cook

3.  The Producers -- Original Co

4.  Les Miz -- Original Co--Tryout

5.  Mame -- 2nd perf in Philly -- Tryout

6.  Gypsy --- Merman, Lansburrry, Daly, Peters, LaPone

7.  My One and Only -- Tryout

8.  42nd Street -- original tyrout

A.D. 16 Musical at the Olney Center  Mar 11 2022, 06:13:46 PM

I saw it last Thursday 3-3-22 and it was great.  Funny, slick, entertaining, and --at times--a little bit blasphemous. Somehow, I felt I was seeing a show that would be great in rep with "Mormon."

For the $45 streaming charge it is well worth it.

This is my first in-person play since Hadestown, Moulin and Tina 25 months ago.  It is a great way to go back to the live theatre world and truly enjoy it!!!!!!!

Netflix's THE PROM trailer premieres 10/22  Oct 29 2020, 09:35:49 PM

It is scheduled to open on Netflix on Friday, December 11, 2020 at 8pm est.  I guess it's gonna be a Hanukah present for all of us who saw in in NY, and want the rest of the world to be able to enjoy it too!

Your First Broadway Show  Jun 13 2020, 03:15:56 PM

I guess I'm the oldest one online---so far

• On Broadway--The Music Man [Preston/Cook]--8/57
  • On Tour--Auntie Mame [Sylvia Sidney]--4/57

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  Apr 8 2020, 12:11:49 AM

Dance of the Vampires

A Mother's Kisses

Shogun

Mata Hari

Her First Roman

Annie 2

Aida

SpiderMan

and others.....

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  Mar 19 2020, 06:28:44 PM

Hey Folks-- we listen to show music over and over and over.  We listen--We like--We learn!

And now, during this time of realistic crisis, we have the opportunity to watch and hear performers who are giving us free concerts that we may never have been able to enjoy. 

Dr. LaPook has been refreshing  our knowledge about the Corona19 and how to avoid, hopefully prevent getting it.  Yes, it is repetitive, but yes, too, it is important.  If we hope to

Longevity of Long Running Musical  Feb 24 2020, 02:01:22 PM

Eternity appears to be the longevity of a show if:

It sells tickets and

It has an audience

Best touring production you have ever seen?  Nov 2 2019, 07:21:42 PM

I think I am going back the farthest with my the first of the best touring productions--which have to say was at the top of my list, since it started me on the road to seeing professional theatre whenever I can: AUNTIE MAME starring Sylvia Sidney, spring 1957.  I was around 14 at the time.  My second and third best touring productions are/were:  the Chicago production of RAGTIME, with Barbara Walsh as Mother, and LITTLE ME with most of the original cast.  That one was seen

Cher show or Prom?  Apr 15 2019, 04:54:51 PM

PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-PROM-.......

I really like it!!!!

CHER was a drag--weak script--although costumes and the Cher trio, along with Sonny, were very good 

Ryan Murphy To Develop Film Adaptation Of THE PROM For Netflix  Apr 9 2019, 11:09:39 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gwen Verdon interviewed on public access by Rian Keating, 1983  Apr 8 2019, 03:41:28 PM

Thanks!

Kiss Me Kate Discount Tickets  Feb 18 2019, 12:40:48 PM

Try:  KMKINDM1   [$40 SAVINGS]

Joe Allen Question  Feb 13 2019, 01:22:58 PM

They are great--and will get you out on time.  You'll have to walk down 8th Ave, about 5 blocks, to get to the theatre.

If you need to, ask to sit at the bar for diner.  Same food and same atmosphere.

First Cast Album  Dec 10 2018, 03:41:34 PM

The OBC Capitol recording of The Music Man. [Also, it was my first Broadway show, way back in the 1950s]

Unsee Me  Nov 20 2018, 02:03:29 PM

Shogun

Mata Hari

Annie 2

Dance of the Vampires

Whistle Down the Wind

BEETLEJUICE - Pre-Broadway Tryout in DC  Nov 2 2018, 04:09:08 PM

I saw it last Saturday, and really liked it.  There were a couple of sections that were just too wordy, and had to be edited/rewritten, or .....

I have seen a number of tryouts in DC, from Beyond the Fringe [1964, I think] to Mean Girls [last year].  This is, as far as I am concerned, one of the better ones.  Some of those on this board are making it out to be a Shogun or Mata Hari.  That, it is NOT!!  Although it is not a DEH [also a DC tryout], it is still a

Discount Tickets??  Nov 2 2018, 03:53:00 PM

Thank you!

Sigh . . . .

Discount Tickets??  Nov 2 2018, 12:39:44 PM

Are there any codes for Discount Tickets for Cher, and the Prom for February 1, 2, or 3?

The only ones I have seen appear to end in early January.

Thanks

LincTix for Mockingbird?  Jul 26 2018, 07:17:20 PM

And, damnit, I'm too old for them!!!!!  Sorry, I misread the original question.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You