News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Alex10

Member Name: Alex10
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Minutes Preview Thread  Mar 13 2020, 04:35:33 PM

So since this show is probably gone and I was DESPERATELY curious about the ending, does anyone want to PM it to me? I’d be super grateful, thanks!

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14  Nov 9 2017, 04:47:49 PM

Someone in a Tree2 said: "Agreed that Kevin Spacey has done despicable things formany decades, and caused untold harm to many young men that they are still living with. But I'm genuinely curious why the pitchforks came out for him so immediately and with such forceful finality. His career is over. Any comeback for him is inconceivable now.Yet haven't there been countless powerful men who have exploited/ molested/ rapedyoung women or men throughout the history of Hollywood, wh

Auditioning: An Unfair Standard?  Aug 20 2017, 08:42:51 AM

I think OP meant an unfair standard as opposed to other career fields, not within the acting community itself. If most people walked into a job interview and their interviewer seemed like they were ignoring them, making them wait to finish talking or being on the phone or whatever, the interviewee would be taken aback, because that's not the standard for job interviews and seems really rude. So why should it be the standard for auditions? I don't think it's some end-of-the-world p

WAR PAINT Previews  Mar 5 2017, 07:28:28 PM

I'm pretty sure China Doll with Al Pacino last year had SRO somewhere around $70, so it's not unheard of to charge this much for SRO when your cast has some star power. I still think that price is absolutely ridiculous, though.

Great Comet Rush  Oct 29 2016, 10:11:27 AM

My friend and I rushed yesterday morning. We got there at 8 and were around 12th in line, and ended up getting the last two rush tickets. Her seat was in the last row of the front mezzanine, and mine was in the second row of the rear mezzanine, both very far house left. Wonderful view! I did notice, though, that even though they said we got the "last" rush tickets, some women sitting near me said they went by the box office at around 3pm and got $39 dollar seats, so hope isn't l

Great Comet Rush  Oct 18 2016, 12:43:27 PM

wicked_beast4 said: "They ran out at 10:15, but I don't know how early people who received them lined up. 

"

Any idea roughly how many tickets they gave out?

Comedically Misheard Lyrics  Oct 17 2016, 09:01:29 AM

"I go to France for more funds, I come back with more guns, and ships, and soda-balanced chips."

THE FRONT PAGE Previews  Sep 23 2016, 10:04:02 AM

broadwaydevil said: "Have they announced a rush policy?

"

A friend of mine rushed on the second day of previews. $50, subject to availability. Not sure if it's one or two tickets per person, as she got the last one they had.

Finding Neverland Question  Jun 2 2016, 05:08:28 PM

WithoutATrace said: "Why is Teal Wicks leaving this Sunday?  I thought she would play out the remainder of the run.  Who is her replacement?

"

Teal had already planned to leave on Sunday before closing was announced, and now has other life engagements that make it impossible for her to stay in the show until closing. Her understudy, Dana Costello, is very very likely to be her replacement.

How Did You First Hear About Hamilton?  May 11 2016, 10:04:13 AM

In a history class back in 2013, our teacher made us listen to Lin's White House performance. I already knew and loved Lin from In The Heights and have been following the show ever since. As someone who knew about the show a good deal of time before it became successful, it's been so cool watching people fall in love with it and watching people who had never been interested in musical theatre give it a chance because of Hamilton.

Best theatre magic?  May 10 2016, 03:52:43 PM

Sylvia's final scene in Finding Neverland is some of the most incredible effects work I've ever seen.

Hunter Foster and Krysta Rodriguez to star in Cabaret  May 7 2016, 10:44:52 AM

They may have edited it because it now says David Smith is playing the Emcee.

American Psycho was SNUBBED  May 3 2016, 01:43:22 PM

I personally really loved American Psycho but I can't say I'm that surprised it didn't get some of the more major nominations like best musical or score. The subject material and adaptation style can be off-putting both for people who don't like the story and fans of the original, and even though I thought the score did a great job encapsulating the feel and time of the piece, it's definitely repetitive and a lot of people didn't like it. The only lack of nomi

Best Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical  May 3 2016, 10:43:42 AM

I haven't seen Bright Star yet, but I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Cusack and have no doubt that her nomination is warranted. Audra is an incredible talent and so worthy of all her success, but I'm thrilled to see Phillipa get in- spreading the love to a newer actress who turned in a truly incredible performance, even if it lacked the stage time or show-off moments that some of the other roles have. I'm really happy about this category and it actually m

Has anyone ever won the SHE LOVES ME lottery?  May 3 2016, 10:40:58 AM

I've won, but given how incredibly rarely I win ticket lotteries and given that I don't know anyone else who's won, I think you'd be better off going with HipTix to be safe. It's only $5 more expensive for HipTix, too, so I would play it safe and go that route if you can get a ticket.

Tony nom rants  May 3 2016, 10:22:40 AM

Add me to the list who's really sad about the lack of love for American Psycho, particularly Benjamin Walker. And although she wasn't a favorite to get nominated, I'm disappointed that Tavi Gevinson was left out. I absolutely loved her in The Crucible.

Hamilton designs which didn't make the cut  May 3 2016, 08:16:33 AM

Wow, any one of these would have been great, but I love the quill in particular!

American Psycho Rush  May 2 2016, 01:57:42 PM

I rushed on Friday with two of my friends. We were about 20th in line, and we got Orchestra Right, row N, sets 24, 26, and 28 (all the way to the side). I was in seat 28 and my view was great, I barely missed anything and they were quick entrances and exits.

The 2016 Tony NOMINATIONS Thread  May 2 2016, 09:36:07 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Looks like Nikki M. James is replacing Patina Miller as an announcer tomorrow morning.

"

Huh. I hope all is well with Patina.

The 2016 Tony NOMINATIONS Thread  May 1 2016, 02:25:18 PM

I'm glad it doesn't seem like I'm alone in my thought that if Cusack makes it in, it might be at the expense of Audra rather than Phillipa. Audra is stellar, don't get me wrong, but I feel like her role is the least significant and showy of the six contenders, and after six wins, the nominators may feel like spreading the love.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You