News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PattyO'Furniture

PattyO'Furniture Profile Photo
Member Name: PattyO'Furniture
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Alanis Released Her Version of SMILING  Feb 22 2020, 11:55:32 PM

JAGGED LITTLE PILL was my first ever CD- quite the memories. 

Thanks for posting- what an other-worldly voice (and lyrics) - distinct and recognizable.  

I remember seeing THE AFFAIR OF THE NECKLACE (starring Hillary Swank) in college - gorgeous score, and I knew immediately that it was Alanis singing and was pleased I got it right when I checked!

1800s Musicals  Jan 18 2020, 02:18:04 PM

Oh, my God - I read this as 1-800-MUSICALS.  Can't imagine who I was thinking would answer.

SIP - What happened?  Sep 20 2019, 02:00:24 PM

Maybe I missed it - but what happened to BWW Saturday Intermission Pics?  I think it's been a couple of years - did it just stop?  Anybody know?  

Broadway dancer Amar Ramasar reinstated by NY City Ballet  Apr 22 2019, 09:27:54 PM

I'm not going to go back and re-research all this, but...hadn't the two of those whompus cat hyena goblins taken secret photos of female dancers in states of undress and swapped them back and forth with commentary?  

But that can't be right b/c that is certainly enough for immediate termination - I just could've sworn that's what happened.   

If NYCB terminated for only objectification and lewdness in text form, they are not smar

Fascinating NERDS article in THR  Apr 14 2019, 09:59:46 PM

I was today's-years-old when I realized that NERDS was about Gates/Jobs and not actually REVENGE OF THE NERDS: THE MUSICAL.  

HADESTOWN Previews  Apr 13 2019, 09:57:30 PM

It's not even begun yet, and I'm already jumping to replacements - but, since she's back on the boards, I think Shoshana Bean would be a perfect Persephone - wishful casting!

Gwen Verdon interviewed on public access by Rian Keating, 1983  Apr 8 2019, 07:49:05 PM

When I read this as "Gwen Verdon interrupted on public access by Rian Keating, 1983", I don't know what I'd been expecting - and it was worth the watch anyhow!

Where is everyone?  Dec 10 2018, 10:02:06 PM

You know, b/c I read a few posts yesterday afternoon, I was thinking last night about how much life has changed.  

When I was in college in 2003, from Nowhere, Mississippi, I somehow uncovered BWW- I have no problem saying it was divine intervention for me.  

And so I joined in 2003, only to have to re-join once my college email address expired.  And I just sat back and watched and "listened" to all these insiders and old-timers dish the scoop,

Jessica Vosk- Anita Video  Dec 9 2018, 11:38:19 AM

Dave28282 said: "The problem here is maintaining a 2 way street, which is the opposite of equality. You can't demand for (for example) latino or black people to play roles of every race and accent, and at the same time forbid other races to do so [...] This mindset of "victimizing yourself" when you see opportunity in combination with deciding to take rights away from other races as it suits you, is one of the most ugly things of this century. It is the core of rac

Macys parade  Nov 22 2018, 03:38:29 PM

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of year, and this thread is part of that tradition - from the weeks-early speculation to the performance commentary - something I'm definitely thankful for over the years!

CBS - I thought DEH was wonderful and would've made me want to see the show had I no knowledge of it.  King Kong - I couldn't NOT notice the puppeteers so didn't seem magic.  Head over Heels - very uninteresting - unapp

Tired of cell phones going off at a performance?  Aug 14 2018, 10:00:08 PM

Very interesting concept - it says for teachers, too.  I wonder how that would've worked in my classroom.  

Very clean and clear website - they cover many, if not all, of the bases.  I like it!

Sara Bareilles - Portrait?  Apr 3 2018, 09:35:26 PM

Why is Sara Bareilles holding a portrait of Shania Twain from the 1999 Come on Over Tour?  And why does she seem so happy about it?  Please let me know.  Thank you. 

"One Song Glory" from RENT  Mar 5 2018, 05:54:45 PM

Not always easy to put yourself out there - great job!  A simple take on this and nice production of video.

Laura Osnes - Why not Anastasia?  Feb 24 2018, 02:07:31 PM

Agree with almost everything above - thanks for the input - greatly appreciated!

Christy Altomare has that grit factor, but - I am going to leave this as vague as possible - I had a terrible time watching her Broadway.com blog for the reasons mentioned.  It just was not effortless, smooth, nor did it endear her to me (not that my opinion of an actor should make or break a Broadway show) - I struggled through it, wincing at the uncomfortableness of it all.   

On a side not - if you want to see a seemingly effortless, polished, and highly enjoyable Broadway.com blog, check out Ali Ewoldt's - what a professional she is.  While you're at it, Sheryl Lee Ralph knocked it out of the park with hers - truly a treasure.

Laura Osnes - Why not Anastasia?  Feb 24 2018, 11:18:23 AM

There's got to be a reason that Laura Osnes did not open ANASTASIA - her voice is too gorgeous, effortless, and resonant for her not to have been cast (especially singing "Journey to the Past".  She's a Tony nominee and a safe bet - surely, she was the front-runner.  I just don't know the reason and thought someone here might be able to shed some light.  Scheduling conflict?  I do see she might be perceived as less gritty/too refined for Act I, but surely there was more to not securing her for this role than that, right?  

Dale Kristien?  Feb 17 2018, 02:27:43 PM

Anyone know what became of her?   She came off a little eccentric in that E! POTO special, but I find her voice unusual and beautiful - the way she pronounces things is peculiar & does not sound like her speaking voice at all - is that just me?  Anyone see her in POTO or anything else?  Surprised she didn't do more on Broadway.      

"Think of Me" - cadenza is like I've never heard

(E! special in case of link error - https://youtu.be/cUaCKTCrqkg & "Think of Me" - https://youtu.be/63WZtPaBxD8)

HUNCHBACK high school production casting controversy  Feb 9 2018, 04:43:12 PM

qolbinau said: White people can't play any person of colour role, but any person of colour can play any person of colour role regardless of their background and the background of the character.

Does an African American have more moral right to play an Indian character than a white person?

Very intriguing commentary here - nice job!

Who do YOU think is broadways sexiest performer?  Dec 1 2017, 10:58:11 PM

hork said: "TheSassySam said: "People find Mike Faist sexy? He's in that group of celebrity with Benedict Cumberbatch and Evan Peters that activates my fight or flight response."

A little. He's definitely the sexiest DEH cast member. But I also find Evan Peters incredibly sexy.
"

Lord, have mercy.  Bless your heart - Michael Park all the way. 

Sierra Boggess in Royal Albert Hall Phantom  Sep 8 2017, 08:58:03 PM

She definitely does pronounce things differently!  I am glad someone else notices!  Her "always" is "ole-wise" among many others, but she has a beautiful voice!

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 29 2017, 11:52:46 AM

I agree, giving him the part was the mistake. The producers realize this now too. They should not have to apologize to anyone except Oak, because he's the one out of work. The only thing they should have done is make a statement which said that unfortunately they made a mistake by casting him, he turned out to be not meeting their expectations, and that's it. Their apologies to anyone racist who feels betrayed is lunacy. They should be above that.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You