Sara Bareilles - Portrait?

PattyO'Furniture Profile Photo
PattyO'Furniture
#1Sara Bareilles - Portrait?
Posted: 4/3/18 at 9:35pm

Why is Sara Bareilles holding a portrait of Shania Twain from the 1999 Come on Over Tour?  And why does she seem so happy about it?  Please let me know.  Thank you. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
ArtMan
#3Sara Bareilles - Portrait?
Posted: 4/3/18 at 10:02pm

PattyO'Furniture said: "Why is Sara Bareilles holding a portrait of Shania Twain from the 1999 Come on Over Tour? And why does she seem so happy about it? Please let me know. Thank you."

Well...."That Don't Impress Me Much!"

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#4Sara Bareilles - Portrait?
Posted: 4/4/18 at 1:14am

I always wonder if the star's agents/pr people tell them ahead of time that the pictures won't look anything like them, and to fake their reaction.

SharksVsJets
#5Sara Bareilles - Portrait?
Posted: 4/4/18 at 3:22am

The ones on the wall are awesome. I especially enjoy the Robert Preston.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#6Sara Bareilles - Portrait?
Posted: 4/4/18 at 4:21am

I think this portrait actually does look like her. It’s better than a lot of the other recent portraits, but it’s not a caricature like the ones on the wall behind her. There are no exaggerated defining features. It’s just a bland inoffensive portrait that could honestly be any number of women and that’s the biggest problem with the more recent renderings.

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#7Sara Bareilles - Portrait?
Posted: 4/4/18 at 9:56am

While better than most of the horrendous pictures on the Sardi walls, it does look like Twain.  

Addipia94 Profile Photo
Addipia94
#8Sara Bareilles - Portrait?
Posted: 4/4/18 at 10:32am

Why does it seem like anyone [performers] can get a Sardi caricature nowadays? I thought it was like a special thing...