Dale Kristien?

PattyO'Furniture Profile Photo
PattyO'Furniture
#1Dale Kristien?
Posted: 2/17/18 at 2:27pm

Anyone know what became of her?   She came off a little eccentric in that E! POTO special, but I find her voice unusual and beautiful - the way she pronounces things is peculiar & does not sound like her speaking voice at all - is that just me?  Anyone see her in POTO or anything else?  Surprised she didn't do more on Broadway.      

"Think of Me" - cadenza is like I've never heard

(E! special in case of link error - https://youtu.be/cUaCKTCrqkg & "Think of Me" - https://youtu.be/63WZtPaBxD8)

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#2Dale Kristien?
Posted: 2/17/18 at 2:39pm

That was wonderful. I used to work at Phantom when Dale was in the show, but unfortunately I don't remember much about her performance.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#3Dale Kristien?
Posted: 2/17/18 at 4:31pm

Dale and Rebecca Spencer are alumni of Tommy Brent's Theatre By The Sea in Matunuck RI.  From RI to Phantom - both of them.  We all knew they'd soar - also Michael McGrath, Rita McKenzie, Fred Barton, Doug Besterman.   Tommy knew talent!

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#4Dale Kristien?
Posted: 2/17/18 at 4:42pm

I have her solo album -- it's lovely. Haven't heard much about her lately. 

ermengarde
#5Dale Kristien?
Posted: 2/17/18 at 8:13pm

Never liked Dale as Christine although I hear she was Michael Crawford's favorite. What great high notes but pretty bad low notes. Also very stiff acting and weird diction. Also disliked what she said in interviews about the characters.

She got to keep her wedding dress when she left. Always hoped we'd get some good pictures.

greensgreens Profile Photo
greensgreens
#6Dale Kristien?
Posted: 2/20/18 at 2:26pm

I was honored to wait 10 hours in the hot California sun to snag a ticket to a performance of Michael Crawford's sold-out LA Phantom gig. Michael, of course, gave a performance that has never been rivaled (and the BUCKETS of roses that they threw at him during curtain call was insane - they covered the whole stage - and this was a weeknight performance)! But, I was equally impressed with Dale (who I had never heard of before). She gave a deep portrayal of Christine that included some really nice moments that weren't expressed solely through song, which I find lacking in so many Christines. Dale was alive throughout, not just dormant until it was her turn to sing! I also believe Dale was the ONLY Christine (at least at the time) that was cleared to perform the role all eight times a week. So, maybe she was eccentric or interesting, but that probably made her performance so much more well rounded and deep than your "average Christine."