News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CONAries

CONAries Profile Photo
Member Name: CONAries
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Last Five Years Recorded Orchestration's  Apr 27 2014, 04:51:19 PM
I am currently directing a production and looked for a similar thing (only for rehearsal reasons though as we don't always have our pianist with us.) As far as I am aware, no such thing exists. And even if it did, I think it would be difficult to actually stage the show to due to the amount of dialogue within songs that is covered by a vamp and there are numerous occasions where the band have to follow the singer, and whilst I suppose this isnt essential, it adds so much beauty to those songs.
In 1996, we were raw from all the loss  Sep 23 2013, 07:18:03 PM
Your relentless use of the word, "queer," both offends and annoys me. Please stop. It is not politically correct.
Earl Carpenter cast as Javert in Toronto!  May 11 2013, 09:06:32 AM
He played Don Alejandro in Zorro, only in the UK tour prior to the West End run though.
Earl Carpenter cast as Javert in Toronto!  May 11 2013, 08:02:37 AM
This is true, and I feel your very lucky. I have seen Earl in Phantom twice, Les Mis 3 times and in We Will Rock You and the Zorro Musical and he is a VERY talented man. His Javert is the best rendition I have witnessed, he has the authority, the bluntness, yet a very strange venerability which makes you really feel for him near the end. Oh, and he sings the score superbly!
On-Stage Accidents?  Feb 24 2013, 01:17:06 PM
A few at Wicked in London.

- There was a loud pop during the scene between Elphaba and Morrible after "I'm not that girl," the lights went out and the speakers stopped, theres a 10 minute blackout, then everything came back on and they picked it up.
- The Wizard forgot the bottle of elixer in his scene with Glinda. I was sat front row and saw him waving to people side of stage that he had forgotten something. When it finally came to the moment he had stolen one of the small green li

Matilda  Jan 8 2013, 03:11:44 PM
I'm not going to go into length of why I think the show is sensational, because my opinion matches that of the critics and the majority of other posts in EVERY way, however, a few of your points can be cleared up by removing your flawed comparison to the movie.

Matilda is originally a British children's novel, and a very good one at that, while the movie swims very closely to the novel, it makes some MASSIVE changes and takes some huge liberties, such as changing the setting to America,

How to Succeed in business.....Trying  Sep 23 2012, 05:31:48 AM
We recently did this at Uni (in England) and managed to do it with a cast of 11, (5 guys and 6 girls) It is tricky, but aslong as the staging is in keeping, it can work with ANY cast!
Singin' In The Rain - Broadway?  Aug 19 2012, 03:39:06 PM
The current West End production really is phenomenal, I'm not that savvy on what theatres on Broadway are available, being a Brit, but from my past experiences in NYC, somewhere like The Lunt-Fontanne would hold it brilliantly. It really needs a wide stage for this staging to work properly, and is something that let's it down in London as half the stage runs into what is usually wing space.
GREAT Avenue Q line  Jul 27 2012, 06:08:43 AM
The UK tour has been using "Justin Bieber" which always gets a good laugh, and I have deffinatley heard "Our Show" but can't remember which production I heard that in!
Under the Sea  May 7 2012, 06:35:47 AM
Yes it is a G, so, yes it is possible!
Ticketmaster review of PRISCILLA  May 6 2012, 05:09:52 AM
They don't even show that, they have cut out buttock cheeks, with latex inserts inside that have been moulded and painted to look like an actual bottom.
Fantine has tuberculosis?  Apr 8 2012, 12:36:26 PM
Nothing what so ever, my post was more in comment to

"Also known as the "opera disease."

Everybody dies from singing the same song.

AND

when Nicole Kidman. had it, she could lip-sync AND do trapeze!

Fantine has tuberculosis?  Apr 8 2012, 10:24:32 AM
Hold on a Gershwin picking moment!! Are people on this thread actually starting to infer that musical theatre is not realistic and true to real life!!! :O You should be ashamed of yourselves!
Megan Mullally in Anything Goes!!!  Feb 24 2012, 03:20:05 AM
This whole argument is redundant as Playbill.com have confirmed Stephanie J Block as going back into the role permanently from March 15th!

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/160029-Times-Have-Changed-Stephanie-J-Block-Is-New-quotRenoquot-of-Broadway39s-Anything-Goes

Nicole Sherzinger singing Phantom of the Opera  Dec 15 2011, 05:49:03 PM
Just to add in, saw Earl's first performance back in the London production as The Phantom on Monday and he really was incredible, his venerability was beyond anything I had seen before. He is also the Javert on the Les Mis 25th Anniversary Tour CD.
Why did Kristin win the 1999 Tony?  Nov 18 2011, 06:03:24 PM
Because she gave the best performance in that category. It's sorta how every award works every year! ...Well, no it's not unfortunately, but on this occasion she was 100% the worthy winner... remember, one video on youtube of one song is a completely different thing to an entire show live on stage!
Equity might allow 6 show weekends.  Nov 17 2011, 07:14:24 PM
Well, it does mean you get two one show day, then two two-show days, than another one day show before yet another 2 show day... it is better... but not much!
Equity might allow 6 show weekends.  Nov 17 2011, 06:46:29 PM
In London, many West End shows add in a ninth show during holiday weeks, including Wicked, Jersey Boys and a few more of the big ones. Typically at the extra matinee the understudy for the central character goes on, but not always, obviously Londons normal schedule is different, but the last school holiday week gone, Wickeds schedule was Monday: 7:30, Tuesday: 7:30, Wednesday: 2:30, 7:30, Thursday: 2:30, 7:30, Friday: 7:30, Saturday: 2:30, 7:30 They have never had any problems, it works VERY
One Man, Two Guvnors to play the Music Box Theatre in April  Nov 16 2011, 03:39:00 AM
No, James Corden is a comic genius!

He is far from being just an actor, he is a phenomenal comic writer who co-wrote and co-starred in one of Britain's biggest and best 21st century sit coms. He has a very strong grasp on timing and how far things can be pushed before they become offensive, and all of this experience does mean that when he plays a scripted part, he does it with comic perfection as he is a man who completely understands the basis of comedy.

Les Miserables Movie Auditions/Casting Info  Nov 12 2011, 07:45:59 AM
I assume the call for dancers will be something to do with the wedding scene.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You