News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for V2David

Member Name: V2David
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews  Jun 20 2023, 10:05:37 AM

Thanks for thr videos.  Any idea how seats would be in the VIP box?  I tried to see where they were in your video through the quick glimpses.  Are they raised?  

Melissa Etheridge at New World Stages 10/13-29  Jun 12 2023, 03:58:04 PM

Seems they are working to cut out about 30 minutes from the show (so 2-1/2 hours including intermission).  

***Sorry, this was already reported above through the NYT article***

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Nov 22 2022, 10:21:32 AM

Well as Moore is the understudy, this wouldn't be surprising.  I think Moore has been linked to other (non-Broadway) iterations of this show, so some of it has probably come on her own.  Regardless, Moore was terrific.  (I have not seen Bareillis is the part).

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Nov 21 2022, 11:48:59 PM

Not sure when Block is back, but Mary Kate Moore was FABULOUS at tonight's show.  I saw Block last month (and she is very good), but I actually liked Moore's performance better.  Frankly, I think she should have been given a shot at the role, but she doesn't have the name recognition...

FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread  Nov 21 2022, 03:10:26 PM

Give me a break. Saw this Saturday.  Lea was magnificent.  She is a star.

Bat Out of Hell - Las Vegas Residency  Nov 1 2022, 09:03:51 PM

No, just visiting Vegas.  I was front row center with my wife.  I really enjoyed being so close to the performers.

Bat Out of Hell - Las Vegas Residency  Nov 1 2022, 01:45:03 PM

I saw this in London twice (but not with Andrew Polek), NYCC (once again, not with Andrew Polek), and now Vegas.

I really enjoyed the abbreviated Vegas show.  It just doesn't take itself as serious as the normal play.  Instead, you are kind of getting a shorter, bombastic greatest hits version.  For those who complain it doesn't make any sense, they probably would complain the same for the longer version.  My reaction?  Who cares.  If you love

Bat Out of Hell - Las Vegas Residency  Oct 12 2022, 10:25:08 PM

I'm seeing this Thursday night and will report back.  I have previously seen it twice in London, and once at City Center in NY.  So I guess you can say I am a fan.  Checking tickets, it looks like there are practically no sales(!) so I'm hoping the show won't be in a mostly empty theater.

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Oct 6 2022, 01:42:50 PM

Love this and both actors.  But I must say I miss Joshua Henry.  I saw him with Andy Karl and it was pure magic.

BEETLEJUICE Sets January 8 Closing Date on Broadway  Sep 20 2022, 06:29:17 PM

Love Beetlejuice.

Love The Music Man.

Love Into the Woods.

I will be seeing all of these shows once more before they close.  I know there has been much criticism of Beetlejuice, but it really is a fun show and Alex was great.

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Sep 8 2022, 01:43:01 PM
BCfitasafiddle said: "Anyone who has been at the first performance this week: how is Montego Glover? I don't know how much that casting excites me."

I saw the show for the first time Wednesday afternoon. This is of course the new cast. I thought Glover was great! I know some people have been critical of her, but ai enjoyed her performance and her singing. Of course, I have nothing to compare her to.

Infact, I thought the entire cast was

Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th  Sep 6 2022, 11:01:29 PM

I was lucky enough to see Lena Hall's opening performance tonight and she was great.  Finally, we get an Audrey who is likable and has great chemistry with Seymour.  Gone are the days of drunken Audrey.  And for that I am thankful.  While I was expecting Lena to take the roof off the house, she sang beautifully and gave great renditions of the classic songs.  Her acting was superb too.  I am not sure how much practice she has had with Rob, but I expect them t

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread  Aug 19 2022, 01:11:08 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "One thing I forgot to talk about to is the absolute awfulness of Andy’s friends. Their entire purpose is to basically obsess about Andy and talk about Andy. They have no backstory other than they know Andy and want her to give them her time and attention.."

Saw this last night and completely agree.  I haven't seen the movie in a while, so I don't have as much in memory to compare it to.  Bu

Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th  Aug 1 2022, 02:37:31 PM

I first saw the revival with Jonathan Groff and Tammy Blanchard.  Everything was outstanding about the entire production.  Well, except Tammy.  Not that Tammy isn't a fine actor.  I know some on here have praised Tammy's acting "choices", but is that really why you go to see Little Shop?  NO.  We want someone who can really sing "Suddenly Seymour" like Ellen Greene could.  Do we expect anyone to replace Ellen?  Of course not.

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Aug 1 2022, 02:23:14 PM

Sally Durant Plummer said: "If these producers have any sense - which they have shown over and over they don't - they would cut that awful finale and replace it with "My Man". That alone would elicit thunderous applause."

THIS.  Give the audience what they want!  Someone who can kick ass on the songs and is a real star.  But then again, these are the same stupid Producers who thought they could outsmart everyone by hiring

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: Boston tryout  Jun 26 2022, 03:15:48 PM

ACL2006 said: "Can someone explain Robyn Hurder's role? It is a dancing role?"

She is featured pretty heavily as Marcia Murphey, Neil Diamond's second wife.

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: Boston tryout  Jun 26 2022, 03:01:32 PM

Mark_E said: "

Audience were pretty rowdy in the balcony, lots of singing along which was fine but one group in particular did want to make out that they were having a great time and got to the point of being extremely annoying (and drunk) - talking/giggling during the more serious scenes, as well as whole numbers. Saw security talking with the group afterward.

"

I agree.  I was at the front of the orchestra, but the crowd was a bit rowdy.&

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: Boston tryout  Jun 26 2022, 02:58:30 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "V2David, do they have the orchestration at the beginning of "America," at least?"

They do, and it is hinted at a few times, but it isn't "featured" if that makes any sense.  Once again, "America" is an ensemble piece which is once again (rightfully) brought back in the encore.  But Neil Diamond isn't featured. 

The big moment where the interlude plays and then Neil com

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: Boston tryout  Jun 26 2022, 12:30:11 AM

(Warning --- Numerous Spoilers!!!)

Saw the show Saturday, 6/25.  Let me preface this by stating I am a lifelong fan of Neil Diamond's music.  I agree with the general consensus so far.  I give the show a solid B.

First the good:  Will Swenson is excellent as Neil Diamond.  He has the right voice for the part and has down many of Neil's mannerisms.  Excellent casting.  The songs are (of course) great, and most transfer r

Should I move my Music Man seats?  Jun 13 2022, 12:27:03 PM

I have sat front row for this show and loved it.  In fact, I just booked front row seats to see it again.  The stage isn't too high, and the nice thing about being front row is you don't have to worry about seeing over anyone's head.  I am not sure I would sit dead center front row (only) however as the conductor's head does pop up and it could be distracting.  So I would sit slightly off center if I was in the front row.

P.S.  Beetlejuice is al

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You