News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Candleshoe2

Candleshoe2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Candleshoe2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Silliest things said in a theatre.  Dec 19 2014, 10:16:55 PM
Conversation between two volunteer ushers at an Off-Broadway theatre:

ELDERLY MAN USHER: Now, what theater is that VIOLET musical with Sutton Foster playing at?
ELDERLY WOMAN USHER: I believe it's playing at the Seinfeld.
ELDERLY MAN USHER: Ahh, yes. The Jerry Seinfeld.

Much Ado About Nothing at the Delacorte - Previews & Line Status  Jun 7 2014, 05:17:47 PM
After being so impressed with Theatre for a New Audience's extremely well-acted and simplistic production at the Duke last year, this production left me a little disappointed. The set design was beautiful to look at, yet a little overdone. And while none of the performances were bad, no one really stood out. It still made for an entertaining evening though - just not the most memorable.
Violet Previews  Apr 6 2014, 11:17:08 AM
I have only sat in the mezzanine in the American Airlines for previous shows, so I was curious to know how obstructive the sight lines are on the far sides of the orchestra level? For anyone who has seen the show, would you recommend the mezzanine or is this a piece that should be experienced a little closer?
Twelfth Night Rush  Jan 15 2014, 12:29:33 PM
My brother and I went to get rush tickets for TWELFTH NIGHT this past Sunday and got there at 10:00. We were the only people in line until probably 11:15ish. They only sold three rush tickets, then sold the rest of the people in line standing room tickets. We were given seats in the house boxes (not onstage) and had a great time viewing the show from there. But for anyone considering standing room tickets, the standing room for this show is actually very good - a great view of the stage.
What musical should Meron and Zadan do next?  Dec 10 2013, 12:34:57 AM
THE COLOR PURPLE may lend itself well to this format if they go beyond the "family-friendly" route. Would be nice to see Fantasia reprise her role.
Donmar Warehouse Julius Caesar  Oct 11 2013, 09:47:15 AM
^ Yes - I got there a little over an hour before the show began, and was given two $20 rush seats (both in the 2nd row, right in the center). There was no line or any others that I could see purchasing them around the time I got them.
Donmar Warehouse Julius Caesar  Oct 7 2013, 09:52:33 PM
I caught this production last Friday on a whim, and was so glad that I made the decision to see it. I echo all of your thoughts above - I really was blown away by the entire company. Incredibly acted, directed, and designed. Because of the concept, I feel like it could have easily fallen in the trap of becoming "gimmicky" - but it never felt that way. There are so many surprising aspects about this production, but I would hate to give anything away. I highly recommend making the trip there
Matilda Curtain  Jun 29 2013, 04:08:58 PM
I believe the 2009 Revival of RAGTIME had a curtain that rose at the top of the show to silence. It was a really powerful stage picture with the entire company onstage all surrounding Coalhouse and the piano.
JANE LYNCH in ANNIE Tonight!  May 15 2013, 12:22:14 AM
I was there tonight as well, and thought for her first performance, she was pretty great. The audience really loved her, and I know that she will only get stronger as the run progresses. I would recommend visiting/re-visiting the show for her . . . still not a huge fan of the overall production though.

Has anyone seen THE CALL at Playwrights Horizons?  Mar 28 2013, 12:01:17 AM
I caught the second preview last week and thought it was in great shape. The play touches on some really topical issues, the design effectively served the play, and the entire ensemble was up to par with the material. It was nice seeing Kerry Butler shine in her role as a young wife grappling with adoption (It's also good to know that even in a small space, she is still able to pass for a "29-year old"). I would really recommend seeing THE CALL - I am curious to know if anything changes in be
MATILDA Previews  Mar 11 2013, 06:23:26 PM
Just purchased tickets in the front row of the mezzanine on the far right. I would have preferred closer to the center, but the box office staff assured that they were not partial view. Does anyone know how the view is from that section of the mezzanine? Will I miss any of the action down in the aisles?
MATILDA Previews  Mar 10 2013, 10:35:35 PM
When I saw the show in London, I remember there being a bit right after "Telly" where Mr. Wormwood and his son used some dynamite to blow the hat off his head. I saw the Broadway production last week, and this bit was not in the show - and they dealt with the hat in a different way towards the end. Was that moment changed in the London production as well?
A Civil War Christmas with Alice Ripley  Nov 18 2012, 11:26:07 PM
Saw it this evening - a very magical and moving production! This is definitely an ensemble show, making it very difficult to pick one or two characters that stood out among the cast. Tina Landau's staging is very effective, and she really uses the entire set and space to lead us through the play. If anyone wants to see something that will put you in the holiday spirit, I highly recommend checking this out!

A Civil War Christmas with Alice Ripley  Nov 14 2012, 12:48:22 PM
Looking forward to seeing it on Sunday!
The Whale or Detroit?  Oct 19 2012, 11:52:26 PM
Go see THE WHALE. Got $25 rush tickets for tonight's performance, and the show was terrific. It is a difficult play to watch, but really should not be missed.
Arena Stage  May 25 2012, 03:46:54 PM
Here's a video clip of the production at Oregon Shakespeare Festival that A Director was talking about:
http://www.osfashland.org/plays/video/2009/musicman_popup1.aspx

Set design with grass floor?  Dec 21 2011, 11:43:32 AM
A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC at the Opera Theatre St. Louis

Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder  Apr 3 2011, 12:49:39 AM
^ They did the same thing for me. It works fine, but it a little choppy at times. The quality is not quite as crystal clear as I'm sure the HD will be, but it's better than nothing!
Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder  Mar 3 2011, 07:15:35 PM
I'd like to know as well. From the way it looks, you can only view it through their special video player. Does anyone know if the files can be burned to DVDs?
Past shows with interesting/cool use of the ensemble?  Jan 31 2011, 09:17:06 PM
If done correctly, the ensemble can be used very effectively in the musicals of THE SECRET GARDEN and JANE EYRE.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You