News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BrightLights3

Member Name: BrightLights3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Casting Director Fired for Sexual Misconduct
 Dec 1 2017, 11:59:52 AM

TheReckoning said: "If I wish to step forward with an allegation, whom could I reach out to?"

Apart from other suggestions, you may consider talking to a lawyer.

Broadway Casting Director Fired for Sexual Misconduct
 Dec 1 2017, 10:36:10 AM

henrikegerman said: ...
All that being said, i do have a problem with the Variety reporting.
"Sexual misconduct" is a) a conclusion and b) can encompass a wide variety of allegations, some of them extremely egregious, others fairly mild. Juanita Broaddrick's allegation that Bill Clinton raped her and Lee Ann Tweedon's allegation that Al Franken manipulatively put his tongue in her mouth while rehearsing a sexy scene are both allegations of sexual misconduct. Bu

re: Hardest Role In Musical Theater
 Sep 11 2017, 09:00:13 PM

And Dolly. Of course, Dolly. Try doing all that she does when you're in your SEVENTIES(as is Bette and as will soon be Bernadette)."

This is a random factor. Dolly as a role doesn't textually demand a seventy year old actor. 

Elsie Fest: October 8, 2017
 Jul 30 2017, 10:20:07 PM

The event is, I believe, financed / co-produced by Jordan Roth which may go a long way towards attracting names. 

La La Land
 Jan 18 2017, 05:48:37 PM

I just saw it in IMAX but can't really tell what difference it makes. Had the same sound mix issues as disneybroadwayfan22. All through Another Day of Sun I was straining to hear the lyrics and had to check them up online afterwards. 

The movie itself I found cute and ultimately underwhelming. The music is hummable but with very wispy vocals from Emma Stone most of the time, and the less said about Gosling's singing the better. As a fan of his, it

HEDWIG TOUR
 Dec 8 2016, 10:46:31 PM

Last I Heard...
 Nov 21 2016, 01:46:33 PM

indytallguy said: "I wish Pence had gone backstage and the cast could have shared this message with him there and he could have respond so a real dialogue would have taken place.

Or Pence had told about the statement in advance and given an opportunity to come to the stage and respond or a facilitated talkback (don't @ me about how this would never happen ... I can dream).

I live in Indiana. I can't stand Mike Pence. And I believe as many others have noted that what was

Who else was supposed to play hedwig?
 Oct 18 2016, 10:01:44 PM

TheGingerBreadMan said: "I believe his reasoning was that as a cis actor, he does not feel that it is appropriate for him to play trans roles. "

He didn't say that about Hedwig. It was in the context of him possibly playing Dr. Frank N. Furter in Fox's RHPS.

Broadway for Hillary Performance List
 Oct 18 2016, 04:11:28 PM

Rumpelstiltskin said: "There's a lot of crazy in this thread.  I can't imagine how anyone could disparage NPH in that shirt.

"

Hear, hear!

Who else was supposed to play hedwig?
 Oct 18 2016, 12:00:57 AM

If you mean who was approached throughout the run (not specifically who they'd have wanted to go on after Taye) - Adam Lambert said they offered but he declined. 

Sara Bareilles, Rebel Wilson to lead THE LITTLE MERMAID at Hollywood Bowl
 Jun 5 2016, 09:24:09 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: ...
Darren Criss-Yikes, and then meh. Like someone said, definitely the weak link here. I don't think it was his fault completely (Producers may have wanted him to do it), but he butchered "Her Voice." I see why he did the pop Drew Seeley version, but man this song stood out like a sore thumb with the musical theatre songs. Producers should have stuck with the Broadway version. 

It was on his request, at least according to this interview:  "After hearing the Broadway soundtrack, the 29-year-old asked the producers if he could re-envision the song to better fit his voice. "I don't have a big, Broadway voice, so I am making it a bit more pop-contemporary," says Criss, who will play the guitar and be backed by a full orchestra during the song. "That said, it's still going to be a challenge." 

http://www.people.com/article/little-mermaid-live-darren-criss-hollywood-bowl

Hairspray Live! DREAMCASTS
 May 13 2016, 11:22:06 PM

madbrian said: "Grant Gustin could play Link."

But won't. He'll be in Vancouver shooting Season 3 of the The Flash. Which isn't on NBC.

Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
 Nov 26 2015, 10:12:42 PM

ChildofEarth said: "Oh me as well. I think he's shrill. But it was a thought."

Chris Colfer as Don Lockwood was either clueless or trolling. I'm leaning towards the latter. 

Tony Yazbeck was a replacement in the Drury Lane production a few years back. After OTT, he's really an obvious choice. Can't say I'm confident Weinstein will see it that way.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You