News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lull89

lull89 Profile Photo
Member Name: lull89
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tdf ticket  Jun 15 2018, 10:10:50 PM

I had this happen once when a storm cancelled my travel to NYC and I couldn't use a ticket I had purchased on TDF. I tried calling Telecharge (TDF's website directed people with tickets for the theatre I was going to to call them) and asked if I could let the theatre know I wasn't coming so they could release the seat and resell if needed, and they said they don't do that and the seat would just go empty, but I could potentially past date with the ticket in the future. I tried

SIDE SHOW at Kennedy Center  Jun 20 2014, 06:00:05 PM
Does anyone know if there is a rush or student ticket option for cheaper tickets? I'm new to the area and haven't done discounts at the Kennedy Center before.
Grammy Nominations Tonight: Musical Theatre Album -- Discussion  Dec 7 2013, 10:31:37 AM
Yeah, the best bet with Grammy predictions is to guess whatever the voters are most familiar with, so it'll probably be Motown, with Kinky as the spoiler if they see Cyndi Lauper's name on the ballot. Not how I'd vote, but still.
Into the Woods Movie Cast  Jun 22 2013, 02:26:11 PM
Just pointing out that the person who tweeted at Anna was Rian Johnson, who directed Looper last year and has done a lot of other cool things, and is in the industry, and whom I would imagine would be less likely to be taken in by any kind of hoax in the press.
Channing Tatum as Sky Masterson  Apr 24 2013, 05:50:31 PM
Based on this sort of casting, I think Emma Stone might be an interesting Adelaide.
Hss there ever been a successful Bway musical that used exisitng songs?  Apr 19 2013, 04:08:16 PM
Thoroughly Modern Millie, in addition to the original songs and the songs from the source material, included multiple preexisting standard-type songs too, did it not?

And Motown has music from a lot of different artists, though that's clearly a different kind of beast and is closer to a catalog jukebox show in spirit.

Public Theater Teases First 2013 Shakespeare in the Park Show!  Dec 27 2012, 03:47:47 PM
There are, according to Wikipedia, 3 musical adaptations of Comedy of Errors, "The Boys from Syracuse," "Oh, Brother!" and "The Bomb-itty of Errors."

A Fun List of the 20 Best Movie Musicals for Us to Debate  Dec 24 2012, 01:41:09 AM
HitFix.com just posted this gallery of what they chose as the 20 best movie musicals of the past 50 years. Out of the films that I have seen I have a few issues (and find at least one notable omission from my taste), but I found their top few picks to be very strong. What say you all?

ONE DAY MORE - complete song from film  Dec 19 2012, 12:44:28 AM
I do think that this "One Day More" is trying to do something slightly different from the stage version, which might be the reason for the lack of energy many people are feeling. In the stage version, it has to literally stop the show for intermission, whereas in the movie, to create a huge crescendo of emotion and power and then keep right on with the story might feel too jarring or throw the pacing off.
Into the Woods Movie Cast  Dec 18 2012, 12:38:43 AM
I don't think it's hard to get someone listed on IMDb as rumored, so I wouldn't turn to that page for a strong source.
Carrie, The Musical 2012-Recording  Dec 15 2012, 07:02:15 PM
No, it's the right thing. It's just Marin Mazzie complaining about the temperature in the room and then 72 minutes of a vamp from Into the Woods. Really disappointing for fans of the show.
Carrie, The Musical 2012-Recording  Dec 15 2012, 06:51:44 PM
I was actually really disappointed when the Carrie cast album turned out to contain none of the music from the show, so I would recommend against it.
Teacher fired over Legally Blonde  Dec 15 2012, 02:19:37 PM
Perhaps someone thought "Bend and Snap" was inappropriate for high schoolers to be performing? Not that I'd necessarily support such a stance, but that seems the most likely area to cause outrage.
Grammy Noms!  Dec 5 2012, 11:01:31 PM
55. Best Musical Theater Album
Follies
Danny Burstein, Jan Maxwell, Elaine Paige, Bernadette Peters & Ron Raines, principal soloists; Philip Chaffin & Tommy Krasker, producers (Stephen Sondheim, composer/lyricist) (New Broadway Cast With Danny Burstein, Jan Maxwell, Elaine Paige, Bernadette Peters, Ron Raines & Others)
[PS Classics]

The Gershwins' Porgy And Bess
David Alan Grier, Norm Lewis & Audra McDonald, principal soloists; Tommy Krasker, producer (George

Annie Rush/Lotto  Nov 25 2012, 12:04:23 AM
Pretty sure it was the entire front row and nothing else, so around 18 seats?
Annie Rush/Lotto  Nov 24 2012, 08:29:17 PM
I lottoed the matinee a week ago (Saturday 11/17) and all but 2 people got tickets. I technically didn't win, but there was a single ticket left after all the winners were called, so I ended up with the last one since the other couple both wanted to stay together.
Jason Robert Brown on How (Not) to Insult Sondheim  Nov 3 2012, 12:24:29 AM
"Certainly nobody here has argued that Sondheim has to take orders from 20-year-olds."

This is true. I was more responding to some of the other responses I've seen outside of this thread that have more of a "How dare he ruin the theatre by telling everyone to be dishonest to each other" tone to them, which is kind of a strange thing to do here rather than on those actual responses, but it was late and here we are.

Jason Robert Brown on How (Not) to Insult Sondheim  Nov 2 2012, 01:27:23 AM
People can also assume that they know what's best for a show when that may not be the case. Your reaction to a show is YOUR reaction to a show. You may think you understand what the artist is going for, and you may think you know how to clarify that, but if every artist listened to everyone who ever had an idea for how to "fix" their work, we'd have a whole lot of very strange shows in our history.

Feedbacking is a complicated art. There are whole methods artists have for thinking abou

Chaplin Cast Album May Happen  Oct 1 2012, 02:10:24 AM
Not really a percentage, per se, but they get a royalty when regional theatres negotiate the rights to the show, which I believe is typically based on how much the theatre projects they'll gross.
Could Cat be taking the Broadhurst?  Oct 1 2012, 02:07:21 AM
The buzz in all this Rebecca gossip was that Hands on a Hardbody had its eye on the Broadhurst, no?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You