News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for madscientist

Member Name: madscientist
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What just happened at Jersey Boys in Philly today?! (12/4/10)
 Dec 5 2010, 11:56:21 PM
WOW! I can't believe people would jump to conclusions like that! and spread rumors and upset everyone! ridiculous!
Show Rushes/Lottos Lately...?
 Dec 5 2010, 11:53:51 PM
I was wondering the same thing, I wonder how the student rush has been for Elf lately? It seems to be selling well...
re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Oct 2 2010, 02:39:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pRO9TiH8z8&feature=related

it's not a HS performance but wow!

Met Opera rush?
 Mar 17 2010, 11:44:13 PM
Thanks for all the info! It pretty much clears up all the concerns I have, and even the questions I forgot to ask(about the subtitles). Just one more question, what time do people start lining up for SRO, or should getting there at 10am(the earliest it seems I could really get there) be early enough to get a ticket? It looks like they have 195 SRO tickets so hopefully that is early enough, but I know La Boheme is very popular.
Next To Normal Audition Question
 Mar 14 2010, 05:20:46 PM
I also love the Andrea Burns idea! Her voice is so pretty!
Met Opera rush?
 Mar 14 2010, 03:58:17 PM
Thanks for all the info! I have thought about SRO, but like you said, standing through a 3 hour Opera can be painful! But then, I stood through Fuerza Bruta, I know that's only a little over an hour, but still...I'm thinking if I stood through that maybe I should let my legs ache a bit for La Boheme. I have to think about it though, I really want to see Netrebko, and it looks like I would just get there at 10am, get the tickets and leave. no real waiting in long lines for hours. Is there at leas
Met Opera rush?
 Mar 13 2010, 11:54:07 PM
Thanks Yero! I wonder if they also have a student rush? I thought they did for some reason. I shall research. Does anyone know what time they line up for rush on matinee days? Do people camp out? I don't think I can get there much before 10am since I am coming from a distance. My guess is since it is close to sold out it will be a crazy rush, but I am hoping it's not.
Met Opera rush?
 Mar 13 2010, 08:58:24 PM
so they set aside 150 seats for the student rush? I'm trying to figure out what time I would need to get there for a 1pm matinee. I live really far away so I can't get there ridiculously early. I'm trying to decide if it's worth trying. It seems to be close to sold out.
re: re: *The Jill Santoriello appreciation and love thread* :)
 Jan 2 2010, 05:04:07 PM
I'm also looking forward to Jill's future projects. Watching the PBS broadcast of Tale makes me realize how much I miss it. It closed way too soon! And I'm also surprised that this is the first love thread for Jill! And I also can't wait for the CD!
re: Question about buying tickets at a ticketmaster outlet
 Dec 26 2009, 09:59:22 PM
Yes, there are still ticketmaster outlets around, and when I bought tickets from one for a sporting event, they did charge the convenience charge. Something interesting, the event was supposedly sold out, and I couldn't get tickets online(on ticketmaster) or at the box office of the venue, but I was able to get them at the outlet. I'm not sure why that is.
James Barbour at Bill's Gay Nineties
 Dec 26 2009, 09:53:35 PM
Did anyone make his concert in LA?
re: http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/A_TALE_OF_TWO_CITIES_PianoVocal_So
 Dec 20 2009, 01:22:57 AM
Thanks for the update JillS! I can't wait for everything to come out! And that's amazing that there are only 2-4 of you guys doing it, what a task! Do you know if the rights to Tale will ever be released for amateur productions?
James Barbour at Bill's Gay Nineties
 Dec 20 2009, 01:19:15 AM
I went and I really enjoyed it also! It was one of the best concerts I attended if not the best! I actually liked this venue better than Sardis and I agree, there were no bad seats. I also wanted to go back Friday or tonight, but the weather ruined my plans also But I am very happy that I got to go. I agree about his sense of humor, I love it! And that is true about him signing stuff, I got the poster and CD signed. I can't wait until his next concert and I hope he records more CDs! And that is so nice that James told them to refund your money! He's such a sweetheart!
re: James Barbour at Bill's Gay Nineties
 Dec 14 2009, 07:09:44 PM
Wow! that is great news about the seats! As for the dress code, I'll just have to be the oddball because I don't own any swaddling clothes .
re: James Barbour at Bill's Gay Nineties
 Dec 14 2009, 04:10:43 PM
I would also like to thank you for the update! I'm planning on going also and I'm really looking forward to it! Glad to see 12 days of Christmas is back! I was also curious about the layout of the venue. I was wondering how dressed up the people were at this concert? I did not see anything about a dress code on the website, but I want to be sure I don't show up overdressed or underdressed.
re: Rock of Ages rush?
 Dec 4 2009, 10:36:33 PM
Thanks again for the info! What time do people start lining up for rush? I see that they don't go on sale until after the lotto. Do people start lining up before the lotto? I'm sorry for so many questions, but I really do want to get the rush tickets!
 Dec 3 2009, 02:18:13 PM
Thanks for the info! and has it been selling out recently? I don't think it has, but I'm really not sure
 Dec 3 2009, 02:00:13 PM
Has anyone done this recently? I see they have student rush tickets, but I can really only get there around an hour before curtain. I'm sorry if there is a more recent thread, but this was all I could find. I'm thinking about going on Sunday for the 2pm performance. Any information would be appreciated.
re: BroadwayWorld's Standing Ovations V Benefit Concert to Be Celebrated at
 Aug 26 2009, 04:26:07 PM
"Is there any way to buy tickets without going through ticketmaster? As a practically broke recent college graduate, I'm trying to avoid paying the fees... "

I was wondering the same thing. I'll probably be taking a trip into NYC before then, and it would be so much easier if I could purchase the tickets in person.

re: Little mermaid sells out for the rest of it's run
 Aug 18 2009, 12:49:16 PM
I'm also glad to see it sold out! I loved The Little Mermaid, and this makes me really glad I got to see it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You