Rock of Ages rush?

coolkid11776
#1Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 2/26/09 at 6:40pm

Does anyone know if Rock of Ages will have rush/lotto/SRO or any cheap tickets? Right now the cheapest tix I can find are $50

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#2re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 2/26/09 at 8:00pm

The box office isn't even open yet how the hell would anyone have that information>

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 2/26/09 at 8:01pm

Because we like to keep secrets from him. It's a secret witholding club. Wanna join, Frogs?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

VocalLizzy Profile Photo
VocalLizzy
#3re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 2/26/09 at 8:40pm

Actually, the box office opened on Monday the 23rd.

And I hear that there may be lottery tickets for the show. Nothing confirmed...yet.

Miss Lizzy
The Cry Of The Strip!

RentBoy86
#4re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 3/15/09 at 2:59am

Any word? I might go Tuesday....

#5re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 3/15/09 at 10:48am

Yes, it's on their website.

Also info on how they're going to handle the drink service. It looks like there will be seat side service only in the box seats.

That seems like a nice compromise but will the Prohibitionists approve? LOL

If you do the lottery Tuesday, let us know how it was.

ROA Lottery

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#6re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 3/15/09 at 5:47pm

PERFORMANCE DAY LOTTERY

Each performance day, a limited number of tickets will be available by lottery at the box office.

Price $26.50

8pm Performance

7pm Performance

2pm Performance

RentBoy86
#7re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 3/15/09 at 7:33pm

Aw, I thought drink service to the rows and stuff would be fun. They should have gone a la Cabaret and ripped up the orchestra seating and done tables.

biggest CHENO fan Profile Photo
biggest CHENO fan
#8re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 5/26/09 at 1:09pm

How has the rush been lately? Anyone tried it out? What are the chances of getting tickets?

Jersey Girl2 Profile Photo
Jersey Girl2
#9re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 5/26/09 at 1:41pm

One night I was there and they were looking for people to put their names in( of course I had tickets for that show)
Other nights there has been a huge crowd for the lottery.

GOOD LUCK!!

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss."

madscientist
#10re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 6/13/09 at 8:56pm

how has the lottery been for matinees? I want to try July 1st, they are having a matinee that day( a Wednesday) because of the schedule change for the holidays. I was thinking it might be slower for a Wednesday matinee but I'm not sure. How has the lottery been recently?

broadway122 Profile Photo
broadway122
#11re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 7/19/09 at 10:37pm

How has rush been lately? My cousin wants to see it when we go to New York, and I do not want to pay full price for this show.

"i had no idea billy elliot was about one boy's triumph over epilepsy."-FindingNamo

violet72 Profile Photo
violet72
#12re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 7/20/09 at 9:27am

I went this past Saturday matinee and we put in for the lotto(there was 3 of us) and one of us was the last name to be called, they had 32 seats...then the rush people lined up behind lotto winners...I would say there was like 75 people between lotto and rush...btw my friend who got rush seats had better seats then us...he was right in the middle right next to the sound board....but he could see everything

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life. Define yourself"

lstbutifulgrl2
#13re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 7/20/09 at 9:29am

depends on the day, yesterday (sunday) matinee was pretty much an everybody wins type of lotto, but the night show was more crowded.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

sr4mjc Profile Photo
sr4mjc
#14re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 7/20/09 at 11:57am

When is Constantine's contract up?

BlueforBroadway Profile Photo
BlueforBroadway
#15re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 7/20/09 at 1:21pm

So far as I have heard, September. Who knows if that will be extended, though.

Jekyll & Hyde back on Broadway! / Rock of Ages - 5 Tony nominations! Awesome!

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#16re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 7/24/09 at 12:18pm

Do they sell SRO when the BO opens or after the lotto?

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

lstbutifulgrl2
#17re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 7/24/09 at 12:28pm

when the BO opens

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life

CSonBroadway
#18re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 7/24/09 at 12:33pm

Do the rush tickets sell quickly?

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

lstbutifulgrl2
#19re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 7/24/09 at 1:19pm

they sell SRO when the BO opens, the rush seats are sold after lotto. i think the deal with the rush seats is trying to sell what ever is left. and yeah the line for rush gets long if there are a lot of people who didn't win lotto.

CSonBroadway
#20re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 7/24/09 at 1:22pm

So I guess the crowd for the lottery depends on the day. Is it usually crowded on a Saturday matinee?

lstbutifulgrl2
#21re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 7/24/09 at 1:24pm

it depends on the day. it's been a while since i've been there on a Saturday for the matinee, but i've experienced both crazy busy days and not so busy days.

madscientist
#22re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 12/3/09 at 2:00pm

Has anyone done this recently? I see they have student rush tickets, but I can really only get there around an hour before curtain. I'm sorry if there is a more recent thread, but this was all I could find. I'm thinking about going on Sunday for the 2pm performance. Any information would be appreciated.

broadwaybaby086
#23re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 12/3/09 at 2:15pm

I'm pretty sure it depends on availability. As long as it's not sold out, you should be safe. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

madscientist
#24re: Rock of Ages rush?
Posted: 12/3/09 at 2:18pm

Thanks for the info! and has it been selling out recently? I don't think it has, but I'm really not sure

Videos