News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LUCKY2

LUCKY2 Profile Photo
Member Name: LUCKY2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Jan 13 2023, 08:57:07 AM

No need to feel sorry for Ephie, she played to a packed house.   Memorable performance. 

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Apr 30 2022, 10:10:27 AM

Laine Kazan.... called Julie....This happened?

Songbird
 Nov 1 2015, 08:43:18 AM

Went last night and thoroughly enjoyed.    

The music (Pritchard) is album worth.  The cast is over-the-top talented, picking  instruments off the wall to provide their own accompaniment.    I found myself continuing to make comparisons to The Seagull.   However, looking back - I think that Songbird stands on its own merit.

I especially liked Missy (Sheik) in her vocal ren

Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 Apr 9 2009, 12:50:19 AM
Meredith and Matt had the roles from the workshop. I thought the only role open for Kim was understudy all along -- at least that was the reference on our original call notice....they never mentioned the actual lead being open. I do think its a bit odd that they would let that slip to agents before creating an official press release. However, it makes alot of sense.
Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 Apr 6 2009, 10:21:22 PM
Imatoofbrush:
Nope, no info on callbacks yet from any of equity/agent friends (kims/hugos -- no ursulas) plus 1 dancer. Still lots of initials to go through -- the open call was huge! It was really cool to see so many people come from around the country...pretty unbelievable.

I'm surprised about the 10 teen limit, does anyone know if this includes principals and dancers, or just referring to teen ensemble?

Also, has anyone been to the ECC dance callback yet? I origi

re: Wood NOT attached to Spider-man
 Apr 6 2009, 01:58:39 AM
Check this out.... answered my own question about the legitimacy of the nationwide open call search....

http://theatrenorthcarolina.typepad.com/theatre_north_carolina/broadway/ (the you tube clip is only weeks old)

The IMBD says Taymor dismissed rumours by releasing a casting notice for Peter/Mary Jane/Female Villiam. That's not the same as Taymor saying Mary Jane role has not already been offered and/or accepted by Wood. According to IMBD, it "appeared" that the leads were not cast, Taymore never made a statement to that effect.

I'm thinking out loud here....this is one of the largest productions to come out on b-way in years. However, just months before opening, Taymor decides to go from a huge ticket like Wood to a totally unseasoned actress? And better yet, the 3 big leads are ALL open now and being cast with unknown actors. Not to mention that these 3 unknown actors will be supported by a fully cast ensemble made up of veteran equity stage performers.

If all Taymor's stars actually have backed out on her, why not an equity/agent search for comparable named talent? Maybe one no-name...but all three?

Possibly agent calls are happening in the same locations while Telsey is hosting the open calls...that would make 100% sense... then Telsey can say the actors were found in the search in that city and we would all believe that they walked off the street during the open call! And think of all the free press in those major markets they will be getting by promoting the "Are You the Next Spiderman" thng... interesting that the casting tour ends right before pre-sale tickets begin.

We all love the underdog, but in reality who in their right mind would allow a line-up of complete unknowns to open a multi-million dollar production in the middle of a recession?

As one of the "unknowns" outside of a casting city, I think I'll save my airfare till I hear they are recasting for ensemble. That seems a more likely place to start.

Apr 5 2009, 09:39:47 PM
Sierra has a new project...is it Phantom?
 Apr 5 2009, 09:35:26 PM
Has anyone attended a past Spidey audition? Specifically for Mary Jane? I never auditioned...thought Wood was a done deal and major B-way actress lined up in wings....I can't figure out if these searches are for hype only....

(see new post below...)

Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 Apr 5 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Jake, Equity/Agent or Open actor? -- I was there for entire equity/agent process in the afternoon. They had a handful of open actors that were called back from the morning session. According to these actors, some of the others from the morning (ensemble) auditions were scheduled for initial principal auditions 2 weeks from now becuase time did not permit bringing them into afternoon slots.

How cool is that to have been to the Principal calls today and already be aske

Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 Apr 5 2009, 06:40:27 PM

Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 Apr 5 2009, 02:27:01 PM
There is a dancer who was called to come in for Kim today from last Sunday (no dancer friends have gotten calls yet for dance CB).

Regarding the "all high school kids at CB", I have graduated from high school, all my friends too...but no more than 22ish --and we all look like high schoolers -- either baby faced or kinda short! Do well everyone - gotta run......will fill you in tonight.

Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 Apr 5 2009, 10:27:03 AM
oops...double post..

Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 Apr 5 2009, 10:27:03 AM
I'm from earlier agency auditions. I was asked to have 2 full songs and 3 sides prepared for today. Other Equity/Agency CBs (that I know of) have same info...with different times for appt... all in the late afternoon, all today. We were not told if lead has been cast...just to be prepared to read Kim sides. Past experience....you never know what's really going on until it's over...don't make assumptions....could be they have a big broadway star lined up already, or maybe they are looking for
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You