News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lucifer

Lucifer Profile Photo
Member Name: Lucifer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Typical broadway fanatic! I can't believe I didn't find this website sooner!
Favorite musicals range from Beauty and the Beast and Aida to Sweeney Todd and Avenue Q! AND BAT BOY!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: AHHH! I Just Met The Cast Of HAIRPSRAY!!! Baltimore Premiere!
 Jul 20 2007, 12:59:16 AM
wow!! that looks like SO much fun - I'm super jealous and can't wait to see the movie (and hairspray isn't even one of my favorite musicals, but the movie looks AMAZING)
Monday shows?
 Jun 27 2007, 02:00:34 AM
So I looked up shows that are playing on Monday nights on Broadway... only a handful - any good suggestions? and does anyone know if TKTS has a lot of availability of tickets on Mondays? because I'd rather get cheap tickets
'9 to 5' --> From Movie to musical?
 Jun 27 2007, 12:58:47 AM
I saw in Marc Kudisch's dressing room a script for a musical version of the film '9 to 5', with music and lyrics by Dolly Parton. He's in 'Witches of Eastwick' right now, where I work, and he leaves once in a while to do readings for producers (trying to get someone to pick up the show)
Anyone heard anything else about this new show? any thoughts?

re: Witches of Eastwick- Signature Theatre
 Jun 23 2007, 01:43:13 AM
yeah, I think the main problem is the overall plot - like the scenes don't really flow together and aren't developed enough in the right places (thus making the characters rather one dimensional)
If they could just rewrite the book, I think this show has a great chance of going to Broadway.

Jun 22 2007, 03:27:28 PM
I heard the actors in "Witches" say that 'Loose Ends' was cut because it kind of stopped the show (in a bad way) and didn't really add anything to it. Instead, Sukie sings a short reprise of "Words" which I believe works a lot better
Also, I heard the reason they cut most of "Eastwick Knows" was because it focused too much on the town and they wanted to bring the focus to the 3 witches... I dunno if I agree with that - I really liked "Eastwick Knows" in its original form
Also, I work bac

Jun 17 2007, 12:19:18 AM
hey y'all!
I'm working backstage at Signature Theater and help with costumes during Witches of Eastwick
So if you have any questions about the run, I can answer - to talk about the flying, the problem was we only had one person hooking up all three witches and she had no space to stick her hands through the couch and little time to do it

The problem is fixed - more time and more people! We opened on last Monday night and tonight (saturday night) was our Press Opening - and broadwayworld.com was there!!
The show is going great - everyone is really pumped! Please come see the show, it's great
The new dance numbers are great - Dance with the Devil is one of my favorites!!

Also, Cameron Mackintosh is producing 'Witches of Eastwick' so he is definitely trying to get this show to Broadway - let's hope he succeeds

re: GIMMIE GIMMIE
 Nov 9 2005, 09:59:06 PM
I had to perform an incredibly cheesy dance in my 9th grade variety show to that song so me that song is somewhat tainted.... bad memories
but sutton sings it well

re: Famous people enjoying the show w/ u...
 Aug 9 2005, 05:34:48 PM
Last Summer, I was sitting in the front row lottery seats for Wicked and during intermission, Sutton Foster came to talk to the conductor (woh was REALLY hot) and my friend was convinced they were dating
re: New 'My Fair Lady' for the 50th Anniversary
 Jun 21 2005, 06:08:27 PM
Jude law definitely looks too young for the part
re: Who's your fave Spelling Bee member?
 Jun 21 2005, 06:06:12 PM
yeah I haven't seen it yet, but from the recording I definitely love leaf and olive. maybe i'll be able to make up my mind which I like better when I see it!
re: FIRST WIVES CLUB coming to BWAY!
 Jun 21 2005, 03:14:09 PM
how could this possibly work as a musical? I can't see it!
re: MY FAIR LADY COMING TO AMERICA!
 Jun 21 2005, 03:09:06 PM
the problem is I think everyone would expect kristin to overdo the role and make it funnier than it should be, b/c she's a comical actress.
I guess lithgow wouldn't be bad but I think his "british" accent leaves something to be desired, unless he's purposefully doing a poor accent for DRS

re: Weird Wizard in Wicked..
 Jun 21 2005, 02:34:59 PM
I also saw Sean as an understudy instead of joel and I was very impressed with his performance. he seemed more like a guy who a woman would have an affair with and if anything, joel grey might be too old to be elphaba's father... either way, sean was astoundingly awesome!
re: Spelling Bee Winner
 Jun 17 2005, 04:54:17 PM
not truly a spolier, although I agree... *tears*
re: Pinks - The Musical
 Jun 17 2005, 04:49:59 PM
I have no idea, my friend recommended it to me as a good song to use and I just need to find one song and stupid google is little help.... sigh
re: The Odd Couple (female version)
 Jun 17 2005, 04:37:29 PM
my friend actually performed it her high school - it's very funny but obviously rather similar to the male version.
Pinks - The Musical
 Jun 17 2005, 04:36:05 PM
hey, I'm trying to find some songs for a musical I'm writing and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the lyrics and/or music clips from the musical Pinks - I especially would like the song - Kicks
re: Little Women tour cast?
 Jun 12 2005, 12:40:50 PM
I think that was a joke...
re: If you could...
 Jun 9 2005, 07:13:32 PM
there are too many roles, I agree... hmmmm, well I always wanted to play Belle or Ariel since those are my two favorite disney movies... OH, maybe Esmeralda from Hunchback if they ever made that into a stage musical, ah that would ROCK
Matt Morrison was robbed
 Jun 9 2005, 07:10:59 PM
awww man, that's nice!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You