News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for blueshadows

Member Name: blueshadows
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NOTRE DAME DE PARIS in New York  Jul 3 2022, 08:15:51 AM

I’m not a “US Audience” but I do travel to NYC quite a lot to see shows. Saw this show twice in Montreal (in French) and absolutely loved it. The score is one of my favorite among all musicals I have seen/listened to cast recording, it is beautiful, memorable and grand. Looked at the cast from the website and some cast were the same as I have seen, the one playing Quasimodo is great and the one playing Esmeralda is amazing. The one playing Frollo is the original actor who pl

2022 Drama Desk Award Nominations  May 18 2022, 06:27:59 PM

Jarethan said: "I have not even seen Cyrano (out of town and it will be closed by my June trip), but the absence of Jamed McAvoy from this list seems the most egregious, based on the many reviews that I read. I have to ask 'what the hell were they thinking.' These kinds of omissions trivialize these awards. I don't think there have been more than 3 or 4 performances so acclaimed in the past decade (realize a hyperbolic statement like that is melodramatic, but those review

2022 Drama Desk Award Nominations  May 16 2022, 05:25:33 PM

No nomination of best revival of a play for Cyrano de Bergerac and for McAvoy for lead actor? He gave a master class of a performance and the play was outstanding.

Music Man Rush Line.  May 14 2022, 09:58:42 AM

@Jjoyluck : thanks for your answer!

Music Man Rush Line.  May 11 2022, 05:46:46 PM

Can someone advise whether row A (orchestra right) seats 10-12 (very to the side) is better or would row V the last one (center or to the side) be better? I am rather short. Thanks!

Broadway Discounts  May 4 2022, 09:54:58 PM

Does anyone know any code for Lion King?

looking to go on a Saturday matinee in May.

thanks!

Show choice help  May 3 2022, 01:40:00 PM

I would also strongly recommend seeing Cyrano de Bergerac at the Brooklyn Academy of music. It’s one of the best things I’ve ever seen on stage, led by the marvellous James McAvoy.

i haven’t seen much shows since the pandemic so can’t really give my opinion on the 4 shows you’ve listed. Have you seen Hadestown? It’s not new of this season, but it was one of the newer shows right before the pandemic. If you haven’t, I would recommend that too an

Cyrano at BAM  May 1 2022, 05:59:16 PM
TotallyEffed said: "This production is not to be missed. McAvoy would have the Tony already engraved if this were on Broadway. Get a ticket while you can!"

Agreed, a show not to be missed. James McAvoy is phenomenal. His performance in Cyrano might be the best performance from any actor I have ever seen on stage. Hopefully he gets some other recognition for Off-Broadway shows.

I was skeptical about this production, it seemed a bit out there

Seating for Winter Garden - Musicev Man  Apr 29 2022, 01:26:03 PM

Hi!

can you guys please help me rank these seats ?

1) orchestra right row A seat 10-12 (so almost completely to the side)

2) orchestra right row C seat 14-16 (also almost completely to the side)

3) orchestra centre row V seat 117 ( and 116 I think), last row

thanks!

Cyrano at BAM  Apr 14 2022, 10:09:00 PM

Observer is a rave:

“For that scene alone, the show should move to Broadway and let’s polish a figurine for McAvoy. ”

https://observer.com/2022/04/cyrano-de-bergerac-is-our-love-language-at-bam-review/

Cyrano at BAM  Apr 11 2022, 11:53:44 PM

Saw the show on the weekend and it was amazing. Poetic, funny, tragic and deeply romantic. Such an original and daring take on a well-known story. The cast is great. James McAvoy is mesmerizing and immensely talented, his performance is real, raw, powerful, charismatic and deeply moving. I know the production is not eligible for the Tonys but I hope McAvoy gets some other type of award recognition for his incredible performance.

The night I saw the show audience reaction was great.

James McAvoy CYRANO DE BERGERAC to play BAM  Apr 5 2022, 07:26:53 AM

I think the first show is tonight. Anyone going? Would love to hear what people think. Heard great things about this show. Got tickets for Friday so will share my thoughts when I see it.
I think James McAvoy is one of the best actors working today (on film at least..I haven’t seen him on stage yet) so really looking forward to this.

Cyrano at BAM  Oct 30 2021, 06:27:30 PM

Hoping to catch this show!

Can anyone give some advice about seatings at the Harvey theatre in BAM ?
Which areas are the best?
Should any areas be avoided (first free rows, sides etc..)?

Thanks!

Please help pick among these shows  Jan 12 2020, 10:48:30 AM

Hi!

I hope to see my first west end show in June. I visit NYC/Broadway at least once a year so I mainly chose shows that is not currently playing on Broadway. I have narrowed it down to these shows and would appreciate any input from you guys. I am also open to any other shows not on my list.

Sunday in the park with George: This is the my top choice for now due to its great reviews during the limited run on Broadway. However I have watched a few clips here and there and I am

Grammy Award Musical Theater Album  Nov 20 2019, 11:20:54 PM

ChildofEarth said: "LuPita2 said: "For those you have seen it, is the music really wonderful in Harry Potter?"

yes. It doesn’t deserve to beat Hadestown, IMO, but it is quite good.
"

I fully agree.

Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?  Oct 24 2019, 06:59:31 AM

magictodo123 said: "Valentina3 said: "The Who's Tommy revival?

I still want to see Reeve Carney in that part but this speculation is as good as any others...*shrug*
"

Ooooo if they don’t get Reeve to do it—YES!!
"

It'd be great if Reeve does The Who's Tommy and Darren replaces for Hadestown!

Hamilton vs Harry Potter and the cursed child  Aug 11 2019, 11:48:44 AM
Saw Harry Potter (part 1 and part 2) on Broadway in June.
Saw Hamilton on tour (Angelica tour) last week.
Really enjoyed myself for both.

I am a Harry Potter fan but, in my opinion, Hamilton is by far the better piece of creative work.

I find that the story of the Harry Potter play is just ok but it is very well executed on stage and it has some particularly really cool scenes.

At the same time, the Hamilton ticket prices are so high in NYC, if you are able to

Show suggestions October  Jul 31 2019, 11:01:23 PM
I always tend to favor seeing musicals over plays so I've seen very few plays, so can't give you much of an opinion.

The only play that I have seen that is still open is Harry Potter (part 1 and 2), the story is just decent in my opinion, but the show is quite a spectacle (not sure if for plays there is the same notion of "book" as with a musical).
I would still recommend it, as there are some really awesome effects and acting. The show is very entertaining.

Also wanted to

Elsie Fest 2019 tix on sale  Jul 30 2019, 05:16:58 PM
That's a great idea to announce the date even if they don't have the lineup yet.
At least people can plan it around their vacation days, or book ahead their hotel etc...

I went last year for the first time and it was a very fun/relaxed experience. it's a great opportunity to hear artist sing songs from shows they were on in the past, cover some pop songs as well as hear some interesting collaborations between different artists. A great effort to bring something new for musical theat

Reeve Carney at The Green Room 42?  Jul 4 2019, 06:26:17 PM
Welcome to the board!
Saw his show last sunday and it was great.
I got premium seating and the view was great. I would have gotten ringside seating but it was sold out.
To be honest the room is so intimate that most seats would be good. I would just avoid the side/back seating, I couldn't tell about back sitting but I saw the people that sat on the side of the stage and it really didn't seem like they had a good view.

The show was great! His talent does go beyond what he do

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You