News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for spence

Member Name: spence
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: whats up with brooklyn
 Jan 19 2005, 07:31:58 PM
The reason she doesn't have an accent is because she is a homeless person telling a story, not the character that she is portraying. They are all just supposed to be street performers telling "an urban fairy tale".

The reason that the show is not doing so well is that they do not have a large budget for advertising. They are going to do alot more advertising in the early spring, hopefully including TV. I feel sure that after the advertising ticket sales will increase dramatically. I gu

re: Brooklyn has been named TOP SHOW OF 2004
 Nov 7 2004, 08:07:25 AM
Mr. T,
This has gotten old. This is not what I thought this board was for. There is nothing wrong with the educational system that I teach in. If this is just turning into a bitch fest, have fun, I have a life. Later.

Nov 7 2004, 12:08:33 AM
Test...
I will be bringing 125 high school students to see Bklyn in December for a class trip. I will poll them if you care to know what young people think.

Nov 7 2004, 12:04:24 AM
Test...
I looked for eye rolling tonight did not see any. I am not an expert on audience reaction, but I know no less than you. I went with a large group tonight and it seemed as though people really enjoyed the show. I don't know what your point is...

Nov 6 2004, 11:59:36 PM
Matt,
I have been going to Broadway for years , I just recently found this site. I am a big Wicked fan as well as many other shows. I am a high school musical director who has been doing shows for 25 years. What you are confusing for shilling is just a reaction to you and others on this board. What blew me completely away was to find out that you just saw Bklyn for the first time after all of the hot air you have been blowin'. What sense does that make. The only thing that you and I agree o

Nov 6 2004, 03:45:33 PM
Testing1232,
Maybe you should change your name to Testy. I guess 80 percent of the people don't like it according to your survey, which is more scientific than mine. I forgot to check for eye rolling. I am going again tonight, I will look for that. I will also check for the audience response to see if people applaud as they have in the past and I don't mean polite applause. I don't want to convince anyone of anything as I keep saying, I am just telling people of my experiences. Everyone who

Nov 6 2004, 12:00:07 AM
Can you post the article?
 Nov 5 2004, 11:59:08 PM
Reviews don't mean anything, audiences are loving this show!
re: Brooklyn at 42nd street
 Nov 3 2004, 07:37:50 PM
Mark is an incredible man. Extremely warm and sincere.
re: Broadway Grosses are up and...
 Nov 3 2004, 07:33:27 PM
Margo,
I don't recall making any claims about box office numbers. Most shows start out by offering discounts so I don't see the surprise there either. I saw Wicked with a discounted orchestra seat for $65 and I saw Hairspray on a TDF offering when they were new shows. Brooklyn has to offer discounts because of the bad initial reviews. All I have testified to is the audience reaction when I have seen the shows so I don't know why you are putting words in my mouth. The reviews that are positiv

Nov 2 2004, 06:54:42 PM
I understand what you are saying, I just don't understand why some people on this board are harping on the negativism and are hoping that the show will fail. What is that about? Is it about being right? How immature. Time will tell.
 Nov 2 2004, 06:40:12 PM
I considered this to be an honest intelligent article that reflected how I felt and the way that I think the audiences have perceived the show.
 Nov 2 2004, 06:37:57 PM

2004-10-31
'Brooklyn' is energetic sidewalk fairy tale
By Chesley Plemmons
NEWS-TIMES THEATER CRITIC

Brooklyn (Eden Espinosa), right, tries to wow the judges in a contest of divas in "Brooklyn The Musical," which opened last week on Broadway. From left, Ramona Keller, Kevin Anderson, Karen Olivo and Cleavant Derricks complete the cast.
Fashion styles are regularly recycled without a dissenting voice from the critics of chic, so why did the majority of New Y

Nov 2 2004, 06:28:07 PM
Margo,
First, I'm not shilling. Most of the people on this message board still get allowance from their parents and go to shows for their birthday. I'm just tired of people constantly trying to say that a show can't be enjoyed because of bad reviews or of someone else's opinion. I have seen Bklyn a few times and the audiences have always been extremely positive. Doesn't that validate their opinions.

Nov 2 2004, 06:10:44 PM
Did you read New York Magazine and Associated Press?
 Nov 2 2004, 06:08:30 PM
Sorry, I forgot, there are no intelligent people outside of New York. This is a Danbury paper. People from Conn. go to shows too. Don't be so pompous.
 Nov 2 2004, 06:00:06 PM
Click here: Newstimeslive.com 'Brooklyn' is energetic sidewalk fairy tale
re: ZANNA and BROOKLYN
 Nov 1 2004, 11:19:26 PM
Then zanna wont be opening anytime soon.
 Nov 1 2004, 11:17:48 PM
Brooklyn will get stronger and stronger the more that it is seen.It will overcome the initial reviews. The recent reviews have been great.
re: ZANNA and BROOKLYN
 Nov 1 2004, 11:13:38 PM
Maybe you want to see this weeks Broadway grosses, you might suggest another theatre. Brooklyn is in the house.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You