News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for conealpetterson

Member Name: conealpetterson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Funny Girl National Tour LA stop
 Apr 8 2024, 01:35:44 AM

I just saw this tonight and Katerina is a fantastic Fanny.  What a voice.  I agree that the Nick was kind of blah.  He had a good voice but didn’t stand out. 

THE GARDENS OF ANUNCIA: Michael John LaChiusa musical based on the life of Graciela Daniele will play LCT's Newhouse in Fall 2023 w/ Priscilla Lopez, Mary Testa, Andréa Burns, Eden Espinosa
 Sep 7 2023, 04:52:03 PM

I saw this at the Old Globe and absolutely loved it.  I am so glad it will be at LCT.  I hope we get a cast recording. 

Center Theatre Group will stop programing the Mark Taper Forum, due to increased production costs & reduced revenue.
 Jun 15 2023, 06:34:40 PM

I am so sad to hear this too.  I am an Ahmanson subscriber - but always see the shows at the Taper as well.  It is such a great space.  Slave Play was well sold and broke box office records - but the rest of the shows this season haven’t been.  

TRANSPARENT musical (based on the TV series) to premiere at the Mark Taper Forum in 2023, directed by Tina Landau
 Jun 11 2023, 08:58:35 PM

I saw it a couple weeks ago and agree completely with the above review.  There are some excellent performances and songs - but the book has too many many stories going on.  It needs A LOT of editing to make it more focused and cohesive.  

Theater Gunshots
 Nov 19 2022, 03:43:29 AM

My son and I just saw The Inheritance part 2 at the Geffen a few days ago.  We are both pretty sensitive to gunshots and loud noises and don’t remember anything that bothered us.  No gunshots.  

COME FALL IN LOVE - THE DDLJ MUSICAL Coming To Broadway During 2022-2023 Season
 Oct 24 2022, 02:44:24 AM

I saw it last weekend and agree it is such a joyous show.  I still find myself humming the title song and a couple other songs.  Shoba is radiant as Simarin and Austin has found the balance between charming, sweet and clueless as rich boy Rog.  I loved the choreography and the costumes.  The show is really tight.  I didn’t notice any spots where it drags.  And Jack Sippel as the Porter was so much fun.  It is Broadway ready and I hope it heads there an

The Prom
 Jul 3 2022, 03:00:43 AM

The Prom tour is listed as an union tour on the Actor’s Equity site.  Regardless, I have not heard good things about the tour cast.  I saw it on Broadway and loved it.  But I think I will skip the tour.

LEMPICKA Pre-Broadway at LaJolla - News & Discussion Thread
 Jun 30 2022, 07:29:20 PM

Since we didn’t have a song list on Saturday, I am not completely sure of all the song names.  But ai am pretty sure neither Let it Burn or Spinning were in this iteration. 

Jun 27 2022, 10:42:45 PM

It starts with her sitting on a bench in Los Angeles in 1975 looking back on her life and then it goes to Russia in 1917 - I believe.  They don’t show the wedding and I don’t believe that song is still in there.  It shows them already married and discussing the revolution.  

Jun 26 2022, 05:49:17 PM

I saw Lempicka yesterday.  I didn’t see it in Williamstown but have heard some snippets and was looking forward to the show based on the creative team and cast.   I enjoyed it so much and have been thinking about it since.  The longer I have let it sit and thought about it, the more I like it.  Those are my favorite type of shows - the ones that continue to make me think. There are definitely some ways in which it could be tightened to make i

King James - Taper
 Jun 13 2022, 12:38:47 AM

Thank you for the report.  I can’t wait to see it later this month. 

Moulin Rouge Seats
 May 3 2022, 12:26:43 PM

We sat in row G seats 1&3 and thought it was a great view.  We really didn’t miss anything important on the catwalk and there was lots of legroom.  The usher seating is said they were his favorite seats.  

Indoor dining vaccination proof
 Apr 12 2022, 12:09:48 PM

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
 Apr 11 2022, 01:49:20 PM

We sat in seats H1 and H3 house left and had a great view.  They are right by the walkway to get in, so no one is directly in front of you and there is lots of leg room.  

Inexpensive Theatre District Food Recommendations?
 Apr 9 2022, 02:21:10 AM

At that price range, Joe’s Pizza near Times Square is great for a slice.  I also really like Red Poke.  

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 27 2022, 09:41:19 AM

Were her vocals perfect?  No.  But they didn’t distract me and I thoroughly enjoyed the show. And I have certainly been distracted by bad vocals at other shows in my life.  I heard people talking as we left the theater and comments were positive. 

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 26 2022, 09:44:05 PM

Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
 Mar 28 2022, 06:29:14 PM

I saw it during our trip last week and loved it.  Of the shows that we saw, that was the one I couldn’t stop thinking about.  For me, Shaina Taub, Nikki M. James, Hannah Cruz, Tsila Brooks, Grace McLean, and Phillipa Soo were standouts - but the entire cast is wonderful.  I am so happy that Grace McLean has continued to do theater. I I still have so many of the songs going through my head.  

PARADISE SQUARE - Broadway Previews
 Mar 25 2022, 08:17:27 PM

8:17 and tonight’s show still hasn’t started because of technical difficulties.  

THE MUSIC MAN Previews
 Mar 25 2022, 06:23:19 PM

I was there too on Wednesday.  It looked like she initially accidentally whacked him with a hat during Marian the Librarian and they got the giggles.  And then she pushed him too hard in a later scene.  It was fun to see the two of them having so much fun.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You