News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ViniFromBrazil

Member Name: ViniFromBrazil
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Andrew Lloyd Webber on Musicals and Political Correctness  Jun 16 2023, 09:49:43 AM

chewy5000 said: "Interesting that he ignores all the criticism that Jesus Christ Superstar got from all sides back in the day..."

You are absolutely correct.

There is a big difference between being called on by libs on Twitter where I assume he is not even on most of the time and having religious extremists banging on your theater because you're making a musical about Jesus or Joseph wearing a rainbow coat. Why is the first argument Evita? It's just ri

Michael Riedel on behind-the-scenes diversity struggles on Broadway  Nov 15 2022, 01:45:54 PM

Intimacy coaches and Diversity Programs seem to be very new and recent concepts that have not created a high demand in order to have stabilized costs and competition.

What is not new, I think, is the problem of having actors and other production members suing your production or doing an exposé due to unprepared, dangerous or malicious material or personnel.

Coming from a country where artistic service is severely underpaid and undervalued, I can't help but wonder if t

Who, Realistically, Could Also Star In KIMBERLY AKIMBO?  Nov 12 2022, 07:42:59 PM

Andrea Martin

Lillias White Calling Out Deaf Audience Member For Using CC Device  Oct 15 2022, 01:10:10 AM

How horrible of a name is Jujamcyn? How do I even pronounce it?

1776's Sara Porkalob Brutally Honest Vulture Article  Oct 15 2022, 12:36:13 AM

Alex Kulak2 said: "She couldn't have waited 3 months to do this interview?"

Let's be real and assume this board would come after Sara even if they waited said 3 months.

Furthermore, they sure came across as annoying and pretensions, but if the show wanted publicity then there it is.

Michael Riedel's unhinged post-Tonys column  Sep 27 2021, 02:05:26 PM

bdn223 said: "SpiritualGangster said: "RippedMan said: "What's unhinged about it? He seems to be just pointing out that Broadway, as a whole, has been pretty damn inclusive. I don't see any fault in that."

Agreed. That’s what I got out of it as well.

"

What I got out of Riedel post was basically, Broadway may not be perfect, butSlave Play'sproducer's Tony campaign was "You must

If You Could Give a Concert of Ten Theatre Songs, What is Your Set?  Sep 27 2021, 12:47:25 PM

– "Half as Big as Life" from Promises, Promises
– "Will He Like Me" from She Loves Me
– "I'm Not That Smart" from The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
– "The God-Why-Don't-You-Love-Me Blues" from Follies
– "Natasha" from A Day in Hollywood / A Night in the Ukraine
– "Something to Live For" from Sophisticated Ladies
– "Uyamemeza Un

Michael Riedel's unhinged post-Tonys column  Sep 27 2021, 12:27:19 PM

I don't think any Tony voter goes after Riedel anymore for anything. Too many leaks.

Slave Play is an inferior play to The Inheritance and Mary-Louise Parker was a shoo-in for the lead actress win, as well as Christmas Carol for the technical categories. It only got 12 nominations because there was nothing else to nominate. I don't know why people are so surprised.

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Sep 27 2021, 12:24:48 PM

I watched only the CBS show and frankly was not disappointed. Bravo Audra!

Aug 26 2021, 04:03:56 PM

What I think will happen is that, instead of having black people unemploying all-white creative team members, there will be one or two more black people "added" to the team so it appears to be inclusive, or "more inclusive". I don't believe white people will throw their work in the trash because of it, nor do I think white people will lose their jobs in the theater all of a sudden.

There are some points in this initiative that are still questionable like, i

Delta Variant and Broadway  Aug 2 2021, 01:45:51 AM

I bought tickets for "American Utopia" and "The Lehman Trilogy" in November... I'm so apprehensive because I've been vaccinated with the local vaccine and some countries are still not accepting me even vaccinated... Don't elect a bigot ever again guys... sad

The Music Man’ is the wrong Broadway revival for this crucial moment  Jun 24 2021, 12:43:21 AM

Robbie2 said: "https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2021-06-22/commentary-music-man-broadway-hugh-jackman"

I am a staunch liberal with no intent of jumping to the other side but I find posts like this to be so counterproductive, and I like Ashley Lee generally. I'm definitely coming back next year and MUSIC MAN will not be my choice of a musical to see but honestly what is the end game here? Have the company cancel the production because it's not "right for this moment"? I firmly believe in starting new conversations that are controversial and uncomfortable but there must be a way to do it that makes sense with the stage of the (in this case, unseen) production. Maybe instead of writing an ARTICLE, Ashley could have waited to see the production and write a REVIEW about it.

2021-2022 Broadway Season (for now)  May 9 2021, 12:14:40 AM

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/200746/pulitzer-winner-between-riverside-and-crazy-gets-broadway-bow-second-stage-announces-season-updates/

Between Riverside and Crazy!!!

“The show must go on” reaks of white supremacy. Thoughts by Robin De Jesus  Apr 19 2021, 03:48:00 PM

This is all so sad. I don't think the guy expressed himself very well but the mockery and full-blown rudeness towards his experience here are just not OK. One might think a board about the Broadway theater would be more polite.

“The show must go on” reaks of white supremacy. Thoughts by Robin De Jesus  Apr 18 2021, 10:35:59 PM

poisonivy2 said: "Did anyone actually watch Robin de Jesus's video? Because he's not accusing the Weisslers of overt racism at all. He's saying they engage in ****ty, miserly practices that probably affect performers of color more because POC are more vulnerable to their particular form of bull****tery.

He's also making it clear that his story isn't anywhere near the worst one, but he's not at liberty to divulge stories from people who don't wan

Karen Olivo not returning to MOULIN ROUGE!  Apr 18 2021, 10:08:17 PM

I unfortunately feel that now that the two-time Tony winning actress is taking a stance people will take the situation more serious than it was when the lesser-known (and to be frank, more disliked) actress spoke out, but then again Karen could've been more explicit.

Will Company return when broadway returns?  Jan 16 2021, 09:29:13 PM
I don't know why the cast would change... none of the actors with the exception of Patti LuPone (who's not going anywhere) seems to be very busy...
Saddest Broadway Songs  Jan 13 2021, 05:40:19 PM
Alex Kulak2 said: "The I Love You Song from The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee"

I second this.

And also "I Miss the Mountains" from NEXT TO NORMAL.

Darren Aronofsky Is Adapting Samuel D. Hunter's  Jan 13 2021, 05:34:59 PM
blaxx said: "ViniFromBrazil said: "omg you guys find ways to fight in every damn post, don't you"

Now imagine how marginalized performers feel like.
"

My point is the constant fighting and bickering. I am a black marginalized civilian, assumptions aside.

Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?  Jan 13 2021, 05:32:13 PM
Does anyone find it odd that a Spaniard is once again playing a Latino, especially after Hilaria Baldwin's controversy? Do Americans really think we are the same?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You