News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JVJ93

Member Name: JVJ93
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Becky Nurse of Salem  Nov 11 2022, 03:17:52 PM

I saw first preview on Tuesday. I’m pretty much in the middle on it. Deidre O’Connell is making lots of bold choices but her performance was so quiet and intimate at moments it almost felt like she was acting for a camera rather than on a stage. The audience collectively had major difficulty understanding her. That said, her Becky is sad and broken and lovely. 

the play itself is very interesting. I ‘d highly recommend reading the Lincoln Center show book/brochur

GIRL (Returns) FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY Performances  May 1 2022, 09:36:48 AM

ASOOS04 said: "Far and away, hands down the best show running in NYC right now. It’s power cannot be understated for me. I think it is as close to perfection as theatre can get. I attended the live capture and while the moments designed to garner an emotional response certainly did, I found myself watching other moments, be them joyful, dangerous, funny etc. and my eyes tearing and a lump growing in my throat as I thought to myself that this show reaffirms why I love theatre so

TO MY GIRLS at 2ST  Apr 17 2022, 10:18:40 AM

Selling a 30 Under 30 ticket for this for next Sunday, April 24th 3pm matinee. Row K in the center. Only asking $20. PM me if interested. Thanks 

ISO: Single Ticket for Company’s First Preview (Nov 15th)  Sep 24 2021, 11:48:49 AM
PM’d you
Kelli O'Hara in a new musical  Jun 13 2020, 09:56:24 AM
Scott Rudin was lead producer
Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?  Jun 10 2020, 08:09:25 PM
I’d love to see her as Blanche in Streetcar
Dreamcasting Fiddler movie  May 31 2020, 10:49:37 AM
Michael Stuhlbarg as Tevye
REVIVE THE NORMAL HEART  May 28 2020, 10:39:59 AM
This whole thing about not touching a text because the last production was “definitive” or “near perfection” is obnoxious. When artists set off to revive a show, they’re not thinking “how best can I top that last production in elements XY&Z.” It’s to tell the story in a new, exciting and (hopefully) well received way. Theatre would be in a precarious predicament if creatives all had that “let’s not touch this material because “ mentality.
REVIVE THE NORMAL HEART  May 27 2020, 12:54:01 PM
Honestly we already had reason enough due to the Covid catastrophe. But now with the passing of LK, I cant think of a more opportune time to bring back this masterpiece (even though the last revival was just under a decade ago).

Theyd need some names to sell tickets, but theres a lot of great options. Oscar Isaac as Ned? Metcalf, Laura Dern, Glenn Close, Frances McDormand as Dr Emma? Here for it

Best Plays ABOUT Pandemics (Or Smaller Outbreaks)  May 15 2020, 04:22:48 PM
An Enemy of the People
Tell us your dream Broadway revival!  Apr 20 2020, 12:15:51 PM
I’d like to see play revivals of

Doubt, starting Laurie Metcalf

Streetcar Named Desire starting Nina Arianda as Blanche

August Osage County starring Frances McDormand

Tickets Refunds  Apr 3 2020, 11:57:06 AM
Did anyone have tickets for a show through NYTW? They mentioned nothing in their emails about refunding peoples tickets for Endlings or Sanctuary City. I’ve emailed them twice and have heard nothing back
Three Sisters at NYTW  Mar 27 2020, 04:28:40 PM
And nowhere in that email do they mentioned about refunding anyone for Endlings or Sanctuary City
Virginia Wolf cancel altogether  Mar 22 2020, 04:55:30 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "JVJ93 said: "A0326T said: "Sutton Ross said: "What is true is that there are several threads on this subject already. Look at this entire page before starting a new one, thanks.

And no, Broadway will not open soon.
"

Ouch!. I am sorry it wont happen again. I should have looked and searched but the shock came over me. And i lost myself.
"

You don’t need to apologize, you didn&rsquo

Virginia Wolf cancel altogether  Mar 22 2020, 04:26:21 PM

A0326T said: "Sutton Ross said: "What is true is that there are several threads on this subject already. Look at this entire page before starting a new one, thanks.

And no, Broadway will not open soon.
"

Ouch!. I am sorry it wont happen again. I should have looked and searched but the shock came over me. And i lost myself.
"

You don’t need to apologize, you didn’t know. Some people are really miserable an

This is likely the death of the stage door  Mar 18 2020, 10:08:01 AM
Good. Stage door culture has been toxic for awhile now. If you really need to be fulfilled with a signature, send your playbill to the theatre/stage management. Leave actors alone
What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?  Mar 16 2020, 07:23:04 PM
I saw Darling Grenadine on 3/10 and I’m so glad I did. Such a charming, cute and moving show
Which shows will Covid-19 end?  Mar 16 2020, 12:24:14 AM
Y’all are crazy. This closure is not lasting 3 months.
Scott Rudin lowers tickets to $50 for all his shows in March  Mar 10 2020, 09:00:24 AM
Do we know if this is only valid online ? Or will they also sell these tix at the box office(s)?
WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? Preview Thread  Mar 5 2020, 01:13:37 PM

east side story said: "Linney isn't winning, so it's either Parker's second or Metcalf's third."

Agreed. I think It all kinda hinders on MLP’s performance in HILTD. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You