News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tuna2

Member Name: Tuna2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BACK TO THE FUTURE Reviews
 Mar 18 2024, 08:23:56 AM

Though it may be a little off topic, I just want to give a huge shout out to the Winter Garden Theater Box Office!  We had won the ticket lottery for the 3/16/24 matinee show, and the tickets we won was a horrible partial view seat on the extreme right side of the orchestra (Row G, 28 & 30).  I went to the box office at 10:10 and asked them what they could do to help me out if at all possible.  The sweet box office attendant told me to come back at 1:30 and they w

‘The Notebook’ General Rush.
 Feb 24 2024, 09:29:04 AM

Any updates regarding general Rush for ‘The Notebook’?  My wife and I are planning a Saturday to do the Rush in the next few weeks and I was wondering what the lines were like, arrival times, and the ticket availability and locations. Thanks much everybody!!

Disney developing TANGLED stage musical
 Feb 14 2024, 09:03:20 AM

bwaylyric said: "Should be Encanto"

Totally agree!!

Sweeney Todd Rush
 Oct 15 2023, 02:17:11 PM

Rushed Sweeny Todd on 10/14/23 (Sat.), looking for matinee seats.  Arrived at 7:50, 17 people in line, 8:00 18 people, 9:00 38 people, 9:35 43 people, and 10:00 52 people.  First person arrived at 6:30.  At 10:05, before a single ticket was sold, a staff person from the theater came out and stated that there were no Rush tickets or standing room tickets for the 2:00 show, and no standing room and only a hand full of single seat (less than eight) Rush tickets for the 8:00 show w

Will the Marriott Marquis ever be demolished?
 Aug 16 2023, 01:28:53 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "I used to go to the lobby on the 8th floor and just chill there before a show, but the security will stop you now and demand to see a room key, otherwise, they will deny you entry."

We were just there two weeks ago and I cannot tell you the number of times (literally countless) in the past that we've gone to the 8th floor and never once I was stopped or asked to show a room key or anything else.  We just tend to walk in with a purpose and

& Juliet Lottery
 Aug 7 2023, 12:59:52 PM

I'm just posting this in case anyone was curious.  I won the lottery this past Saturday through TodayTix (8/5/23) for '& Juliet' and my seat was located in the Mezzanine, Row FF Seat 118.  Great views with nothing obstructed.  If you haven't seen this show, check it out.  It's a really fun and entertaining show. 

Reusing Souvenir Cups
 Jul 13 2023, 08:22:53 AM

Phantom4ever said: "I'm curious if anyone reuses them at home? I know you're not supposed to re-use plastic water bottles, but I have, on occasion, used a souvenir Broadway cup at home, put it through the dishwasher, etc. I have no idea if it is safe for repeated use like that though."

My wife and I have a bunch of cups from different shows.  We use them all the the time, mostly for drinking water or watering plants, LOL!  We just hand wash them aft

Shucked lottery seats
 May 30 2023, 08:30:01 AM

Won the lottery on 5/27/23 for the 2:00 show.  Seats were left orchestra, Row D, Seats 15 and 17, end of the row seats.  Good seats but missed a few entrances from that side of the stage and a good portion of the barn stairs are blocked from view.  No issues with the views when everyone was center stage.  Very good show with plenty of laughs.  We really enjoyed this!

Broadway Poll: Spring 2023 Show You Most Want to See
 Jan 4 2023, 08:46:05 AM

Bad Cinderella and Sweeney Todd.  My wife really wants to see both those shows.  I'm curious to see what Back To The Future will be like.  I enjoyed the movie and hopefully, it will transfer well to the Broadway stage.

Tickets Sold Via Lotteries
 Nov 1 2022, 01:28:22 PM

American Utopia - Last row, center balcony, aisle seat.

Dear Evan Hansen - First row, left orchestra, aisle seat.

Book Of Mormon - First row, center orchestra.

The Minutes - Left mezzanine, middle of the section.

Girl From The North Country - Right mezzanine, middle of the section.

Moulin Rouge - Center mezzanine, aisle seat, half way up.

All these were great seats!!

Almost Famous Rush
 Oct 17 2022, 10:17:32 AM

dankuhlman said: "Thank you for this! I'm planning on rushing this on Sunday the 23rd!"

You're welcome!!

smiley

Almost Famous Rush
 Oct 17 2022, 08:11:17 AM

We did the Rush on 10/15/22 (Saturday).  We were the first ones in line and we arrived to the theater at 7:43 am. By 8:00, the second person came to the line.  By 9:00, five people in line, 9:30 seven people, and at 10:00, 18 people were in line.  We were getting tickets for  the matinee show.  When it was time for us to purchase tickets, you had the option of getting partial view tickets for $40 or full view tickets for $59.  We chose the full view tickets. 

Weezer SZNS at the Broadway Theatre 9/13-9/18
 Aug 11 2022, 09:44:01 AM

Tickets are way overpriced!!  I like Weezer, but I don’t like them that much!! They out priced the market, hence the poor ticket sales. 

Music Man Rush Line.
 Jun 16 2022, 02:02:00 PM

Dollypop said: "What is the Rush price?"

$49.00.

Music Man Rush Line.
 Apr 28 2022, 08:20:09 AM

I rushed this show on 3/5/22.  Since that day, I've been reading other post stating that the seats folks have been getting are more often than not, limited or partial view.  The day that we rushed (matinee show), we got seats located in Row L, Seat 6 and 8.  Full unobstructed views of the stage.  Were we the exception rather than the rule? Would like to hear from others to see if they got full stage view or partial view/box seats for their rush tickets.  Maybe we

Music Man Rush Line.
 Mar 7 2022, 12:15:01 PM

George Louis Holstein III said: "Thank you both for your reports! I will be rushing this Saturday (in need of matinee tickets) so I plan to arrive around 6:30 AM, I'll report back. Do you remember what time Hugh arrived at the theater?"

After getting the tickets, we didn't stick around to see when Hugh got to the theater.  Unlike the box office which is on Broadway, the stage door is on the other side of the theater on 7th Ave.  After we got our tic

Music Man Rush Line.
 Mar 6 2022, 12:58:47 PM

We rushed on 3/5/22 (Saturday).  We arrived on line at 6:52. First person got in line at 4:30 am. When we joined the line, there were 21 people in line, though there may have been 18 in line as actual buyers (i.e. couples) that were getting tickets.  By 7:10, 33 folks, 8:00, 44 folks, 9:05, 51 folks, 9:30, 60 folks, 9:45, 70 folks.  If you counted individual heads, there was easily 90 people or more in line and the line stretched around the corner at Applebee's.  But a

The Music Man at TKTS
 Jan 12 2022, 08:52:43 AM

Auggie27 said: "To all points and my surprise: Moulin Rouge was on the TKTS board this weekend. Such is the nature of winter in NYC during a still hard-to-characterize pandemic."

Wow!  That's pretty amazing! 

‘Diana-A True Musical Story’ Rush
 Mar 7 2020, 10:57:29 PM
Did Rush this morning (3/7/20) for the matinee performance of Diana. Arrived at the theater at 8:20 and we were the first ones in line. By 9:30, 18 people were in line, and by 10:00, 28 people were in line. We got seats in the Right Mezzanine, Row C, Seats 13 and 15. The interesting thing though is that the people behind us that also got matinee tickets, we did not see them anywhere near us. Have no idea where they were seated. Im pretty sure, whether matinee or evening show, everyone on l
The Minutes Lottery
 Feb 29 2020, 09:01:45 PM

Tuna2 said: "So, this morning at 8:45,I entered the lottery for tomorrow's (2/29/20) matinee performance of The Minutes. Literally about a half hour later, I was notified that I had won ($35 each) a pair of tickets! I was pretty happy andshocked in getting notified so quickly, considering on the page where you enter the lottery, it states that the entry period closes at 3:00 pm and winners will be notified after that. I've won a few lotteries before, but never have I been not

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You