News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SellingOut

Member Name: SellingOut
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Recent stage door experiences at Enemy of the People?
 May 4 2024, 07:31:23 PM

Had a great experience today after the matinee - the whole cast signed (except Victoria) and they could not have been nicer and I agree with everyone who said they are extremely gracious.  No selfies although people were trying-they were very nice about it but the staff were reminding everyone of the rules.  

We enjoyed the show and the acting was great.

May 4 2024, 01:44:03 PM

Thank you!  

May 3 2024, 02:40:53 PM

Going to a Saturday matinee and wondering if Jeremy Strong and Michael Imperioli sign after matinee’s typically?  

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews
 Apr 29 2024, 10:20:26 PM

I just got my tickets for a Wednesday matinee, unfortunately Gayle Rankin won’t be in but still looking forward to seeing this show.  I do hope Bebe will be in though.

I was able to get 2nd row mezzanine which looks good.

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Apr 29 2024, 10:49:22 AM

Any good SeatGeek codes recently?

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 29 2024, 10:42:55 AM

Apr 20 2024, 09:14:43 AM

MemorableUserName said: "If you don't like looking down, you still might not like the mezzanine for this, but if you sit in one of the lower rows in either mezzanine you won't feel like you're that high up, I think.

People aren't supposed to take photos, but of course they have, if you want an idea what it's like.

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/271744/August+Wilson+Theatre/section-Mezzanine+3/row-A/seat-2/

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/272898/August+Wilson+Theatre/section-Mezzanine/row-F/seat-106/

"

Thank you, Mezzanine Row A looks pretty good!

Apr 19 2024, 05:27:59 PM

I’m considering a mezzanine seat for Cabaret because of the pricing.  I don’t normally sit in mezzanine - I’m not crazy about that feeling of being high up and looking down - I’m guessing even with the remodel it’s still like a normal mezzanine at a theatre, right?  Probably a stupid question but thought I’d ask.  

An Enemy of the People - seating advice?
 Jan 5 2024, 10:10:35 AM

Thank you!  That’s exactly the advice I was looking for!

Bridge & Tunnel Crowd Can No Longer Be Counted On?
 Jan 5 2024, 09:32:54 AM

I’m about 2 hours from NYC, and typically go to 3-4 shows a year.  Going is a day trip for me and I love it.  It has never been “cheap” but post-pandemic the discount codes are few and far between and the amount of special/priority seating has increased.  Even if I can spend $200 a ticket, I can’t usually find someone to go with me even if they are interested.  I’ve gone alone but usually prefer someone to join me.  I also won’t go

An Enemy of the People - seating advice?
 Jan 5 2024, 09:19:55 AM

I’m planning on getting tickets to An Enemy of the People but I’ve never been to this theatre before.  I’m probably going to end up in the last few rows at the top since I’m planning to spend about $150 each - doesn’t look too high though?  Is this theatre pretty small?  Or is there anywhere I should avoid?  
I know the show hasn’t opened yet so we don’t know much about the staging, but I think I should buy my tickets soon. &n

CHARLIE PRICE IS HOT!
 Jun 30 2019, 11:39:34 AM

I saw the show at the movies the other day and really enjoyed it.  I only had one opportunity to see it in NYC and loved it.  I saw the show with Brendon Urie (I was not a PATD fan) but I saw him rehearsing "Soul of a Man" on youtube and bought a ticket immediately.  Don't know why I had never seen it before but after seeing him rehearse it sold me on the show.  It's a such a feel good show and I remember leaving the theatre with such an amazing feeling o

How to get the best deal?
 Nov 21 2018, 08:02:25 PM

I'm heading to the city in a couple of weeks and i'm taking two people for the first time.  I've seen a lot of shows on Broadway and usually get my tickets online with a discount code.  I'm going with people who may not want to spend a lot of money so i'm trying to find something we could see that won't shock them when it comes to price.  I just looked up Phantom for example, and even Rear Mezz was $70.00 each and from what i've

Boys in the Band - Music?
 Jul 17 2018, 08:43:15 PM

smidge said: "I really would like to find out who does that version of Boots."

That's a good question - it almost sounds like the singer is just reading the lyrics, not actually singing them.  I'm searching for it but haven't found anything yet.

Jul 17 2018, 08:42:16 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS said: "https://www.broadwaybox.com/daily-scoop/friday-playlist-party-this-pride-like-the-boys-in-the-band/"

Thanks!

Jul 17 2018, 12:57:22 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "I’m not home to look at the Playbill but song credits must be included somewhere in the Playbill. This is a requirement. Same way ALL song credits are listed during afilm’s end credits. They paid for the rights to use them so composer/lyrics/artist credit must be stated. "

Good suggestion!  I’ll check my Playbill tonight!  Thanks.

Jul 17 2018, 12:55:47 PM

Crazy NooNooHead said: "SellingOut said: "This was really helpful! Thanks. I recognized the songs but couldn’t quite remember what was played or the title/artist. Here’s another one that was played prior to the show... Twenty Five Miles - Edwin Starr. Iremembered that one."

Yay, that's one more! Thank you!
"

No problem!

Jul 17 2018, 07:36:50 AM

This was really helpful! Thanks. I recognized the songs but couldn’t quite remember what was played or the title/artist. Here’s another one that was played prior to the show... Twenty Five Miles - Edwin Starr.  I remembered that one. 

Jul 16 2018, 09:13:04 PM

I saw The Boys in the Band on Saturday and absolutely loved it!  Excellent cast.  I also really liked the music that was played during the show but I can't seem to remember all of the songs.  Does anyone remember which tracks were played?  Also, I liked the music playing in the theatre prior to the show.  If anyone can name a few tracks i'd appreciate it!

Boys In the Band - Seeking Seat Recommendation
 Jun 13 2018, 08:47:32 PM

Well I ended up getting Row L on the left - first seat on the aisle so i'd at least be somewhat center.  Hopefully i'll be able to see everything clear - as well as facial expressions.  I'm really hoping the second level isn't cut off too bad by the mezzanine overhang.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You