News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ANewBrainn

ANewBrainn Profile Photo
Member Name: ANewBrainn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HELL'S KITCHEN Reviews  May 2 2024, 02:24:05 PM

Does anyone know about how Maleah Joi Moon's attendance has been?  I saw the show and she was out last week and honestly I'm very mad because I heard she was the best thing about the show.  Planning to go again next week but scared she's gonna be out again.

Pineapple Room  Apr 18 2024, 05:59:09 PM

Pineapple Room does not start until after previews.  I do not really think it's worth it either.  They try to get you to come 60 minutes early for the pre show but I think I would have gotten just as much out of it coming 30 minutes early.  The 60 minutes is mostly so they can sell you more drinks it feels like.  If you were already planning on buying a bunch of food and drinks it may be worth it.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 17 2024, 01:18:37 PM

There were so many A listers sitting near me at the show last night I felt like I was at the oscars.  Also, sitting in the orch was probably the most comfortable broadway sitting experience of my life.  TONS of leg room, the seats do not feel like they are right on top of each other side to side.  I felt like I was sitting on my couch watching the show.  I am generally an Eddie Redmayne skeptic and have not loved him in most movies I've seen him in but I shockingly lov

Jamie Lloyd's revival of THE EFFECT to play The Shed (w/ Paapa Essiedu & Taylor Russell)  Mar 12 2024, 02:10:16 PM

inception said: "ANewBrainn said: "
It's honestly strange, Here We Are had a rush and a lottery? What is going on with this? The shows are not selling out you'd think that they'd want a way to move these empty seats"

Depends upon the producers not the venue.
"

I think the shed is one of the lead producers of the show, also wouldn't the producers want to move the tickets either way?

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Mar 12 2024, 11:00:03 AM

Matt Rogers said: "inception said: "Matt Rogers said: "

That’s fine. Your opinion is as valid as mine. PS - they are now charging as high as $191 per ticket for this 80 minute thing. Have fun, all."

Not unheard of. What's the top ticket price for Six? I know I paid too much to sit in the mezz for that. And it's also probably moreof a gimmicky thing.
"

Six is aBroadway musical.This is a smalloff Broadw

Jamie Lloyd's revival of THE EFFECT to play The Shed (w/ Paapa Essiedu & Taylor Russell)  Mar 12 2024, 10:52:27 AM

CoffeeBreak said: "ANewBrainn said: "Is there any sort of rush or discount for this show besides the 30 under 30 thing that sold out (I turned 30 2 days into the run and was out of town for the first weekend)? It seems like the show isn't selling at a rate to justify there not being some discount available. Still over 1/3 of the audience left and not even popping up on TDF?"

Prior to the run they're staff told us, by email, there would be an onli

Jamie Lloyd's revival of THE EFFECT to play The Shed (w/ Paapa Essiedu & Taylor Russell)  Mar 11 2024, 11:21:42 PM

Is there any sort of rush or discount for this show besides the 30 under 30 thing that sold out (I turned 30 2 days into the run and was out of town for the first weekend)?  It seems like the show isn't selling at a rate to justify there not being some discount available.  Still over 1/3 of the audience left and not even popping up on TDF?

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 9 2024, 03:54:14 PM

Jarethan said: "I have really liked her on everything I have seen her in since she replaced Amanda Plummer in Agnes of God. She was excellent in Me and My Girl —she brought heart to the show and held her own against Robert Lindsey’s great performance which IMO was deserved, despite competing against Cole Wilkinson—but she did not deserve to win a Tony for lead actress in a musical. Ironically, she probably would not have won in featured because she would have been c

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 9 2024, 12:03:13 PM

Jarethan said: "ANewBrainn said: "MaryannPlunkett hive rise up. Seriously she must be one of the best/most underrated actors in the theatre. Constantly giving amazing performances yet not a household name. She's a Tony winner for pete's sake."

I don't disagree with you re her talent, but she won the Tony in a year that had very few female leads. I would argue that her performance should have been in the featured category, but they had to come

JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more  Feb 9 2024, 11:59:19 AM

JRB has not been a huge success on broadway.  Probably the best financial move for him would be to have a hit off broadway run.  Make a cast recording and then make money licensing it out.

Brooklyn Laundry  Feb 9 2024, 11:45:27 AM

We can confirm this is better than the god awful "The Portuguese Kid" a similar MTC city center basement John Patrick Shanley comedy?  Not even the amazing Mary Testa could have saved that show.  It made me worried he lost his touch.

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 9 2024, 11:39:07 AM

Maryann Plunkett hive rise up.  Seriously she must be one of the best/most underrated actors in the theatre.  Constantly giving amazing performances yet not a household name.  She's a Tony winner for pete's sake.

Show-Score Discontinuing Member Nights  Feb 1 2024, 11:26:24 AM

This is a huge loss to be honest. I've seen many great things for next to nothing with this program.

APPROPRIATE Reviews  Feb 1 2024, 11:25:15 AM

Has anyone had any luck with the today tix rush?  I found it completely impossible after trying for weeks.  Eventually gave up and had a student friend get us the student rush tickets so I was able to see the show.

Peter Pan Tour with a Male Star  Oct 27 2023, 11:45:37 AM

I mean I can't imagine that the songs will sound as good with Nolan Almedia's voice singing them as opposed to someone with the correct vocal range the part was written for.  I may try to go out of morbid curiosity.  Listen to Mary Martin singing "Neverland" and try to imagine a Tenor singing it.

A New Translation of Uncle Vanya From Heidi Schreck Is Broadway-Bound  Sep 17 2023, 12:54:59 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Kad said: "I love Heidi Schreck but man hasn’t NYC had enough of Uncle Vanya for a while?"

I loved the OTHER hyper intimate production (Richard Nelson/Jay O. Sanders), missed the Cromer one.

I’ve always thought it might be interesting with an all female cast, which I’m sure has been done someplace.

On paper this does not change my view that LCT is in a baaaad place right now, though p

SUFFS is coming to Broadway  Sep 15 2023, 10:45:03 AM

OhHiii said: "I’d wager it’s the Music Box. Beautiful Noise is shaping up to have a really strong Fall if last week’s grosses are any indication and there’s zero chance they’ll announce closing posting $1mil a week at the Broadhurst. I don’t think Shucked is on death watch yet, so that sort of rules out the Nederlander (which I wouldn’t consider *prime* anyway)."

I don't understand how it would be decided that Suffs was g

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  Sep 15 2023, 10:09:27 AM

binau said: "I agree that the physical production is a bit 'meh' and that Nicolas Christopher is a better actor than Groban, but Groban's voice is the 27th piece of the orchestra in my opinion. Every note he sings feels nuanced and so special to me, and his Epiphany is menacing in a kind of musical way for me than an acting way, if that makes any sense. I couldn't believe what I was hearing come out of those chords. I really wish I could see Nicolas Christopher do the

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  Sep 15 2023, 01:27:30 AM

Went tonight to see Nicholas Christopher as Sweeney and was blown away.  His Epiphany was one of the best I've ever seen.  I still wish we had a Mrs. Lovett who wasn't Ashford (or maybe if she could just tone down the hamming to the audience and the shtick and play a character and the story) but Christopher was a major step up from Groban.  TBH this whole production is a major disappointment in conception and especially casting of the two main leads. I would prefer to s

Has  Aug 13 2023, 10:59:30 PM

When I saw it happen at Parade at Encores I definitely felt it was Arden copying Oresteia from earlier that year.  In terms of cast being on stage when the house opens I felt that Indecent was the most powerful example I can think of.  And at A Dolls House I'm pretty sure she came on a few minutes after house opens and eventually the rest of the cast came on before the show started.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You