News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EbonyEyez

Member Name: EbonyEyez
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Matinee Performances
 Feb 6 2023, 11:23:18 AM

This may be a silly question, but how often did the lead cast members call out of the matinee performances? I’m seeing the show when it comes to the Kennedy Center in March and plan to catch a matinee, but my friend was saying SJB may not do the matinee. I really want to see her in this role and don’t want to risk not seeing her by going with matinee.  Anyone have any insights? 

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 12 2022, 12:02:08 AM

WinstonSalem said: "joevitus said: ""We don't know anything much...except she was mean to some of the background people...and the new people...and people who were on the show from the beginning..." Yeah, there's...not much you can infer from all of that. LOL"

Good god, how did I end up in a position where I feel like I'm defending a woman I have no intention of defending? Lea was terrible to her understudy on Ragtime. If

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 11 2022, 11:08:45 PM

WinstonSalem said: "I've seen no evidence Jane hates Lea. It's entirely possible she does, of course. But I doubt Lea ever directed any of her bullying at Jane or any of the other actors playing adults on Glee. In classic bully fashion, she seems to have bullied people "smaller" than her. But we really know very little about what went on. At any rate, it absolutely makes sense for them to bring both replacements on at the same time and not to wait the extra 3 weeks

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!
 Jun 12 2022, 10:26:53 PM
It's hard to soften to a racist bully
The 75th Annual TONY Awards!
 Jun 12 2022, 10:26:53 PM
It's hard to soften to a racist bully
re: 'Once on This Island' Broadway Revival...?
 Dec 10 2009, 10:25:20 AM
According to Cortney Wolfson's facebook, Jake Wilson has been cast in it.

re: Next to Normal rush lately
 Sep 27 2009, 02:33:45 PM
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but a friend and I were planning on coming up to NY to do the rush tomorrow morning. But, we wouldn't get there till close to 9am. Do you think our chances would still be good to get tickets?
re: Cast Recordings of Into the Woods and 1776
 Jan 26 2009, 12:19:12 PM
I LOVE Vanessa Williams, but I don't feel she was as good as Bernadette Peters. I wasn't crazy about her interpretation of some of the songs. Her voice lacked a softness that was needed in some of the songs. For that alone I'd do the OBC for Into the Woods.
re: Nicole Parker reviews here
 Jan 24 2009, 09:55:59 AM
Well I'm definitely not disappointed after hearing that. I think she sounds good and I like her voice. As time goes on she will definitely improve.
 Jan 17 2009, 08:47:45 PM
^ that's my issue with her. I think her voice is great but I just am not a fan of her acting choices and it's distracting for me...
 Jan 17 2009, 04:52:31 PM
I too believe Julie Reiber is overrated and there is obviously a reason she hasn't been made the principle. I'm looking forward to seeing Nicole because I think she'll be great even if her first show wasn't that spectacular.
 Jan 17 2009, 12:46:43 AM
It was that bad huh...yeessh. I for one am going to miss Marcie. I thought she was an amazing Elphaba, acting and voice wise. Maybe Nicole will improve throughout her run. Does anyone know how long she is supposed to be in the role?
re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
 Dec 22 2008, 06:54:03 PM
I don't think Kevin is as bad as everyone is saying. I found him to be a good Fiyero. I don't think it's Marcie's fault though. She and Alli had good chemistry when I saw them and I thought the chemistry between her and Kevin was on point as well.
re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
 Dec 3 2008, 04:34:33 PM
Aww I'm really sadened to see that many of you aren't enjoying Marcie and Alli. I've seen them twice so far and the first time I couldn't get over how amazing Marcie was. Looking on you tube, I think she is by far one of the best actresses that has been in the role. She really does have an honesty and pureness that makes it work. Her voice is off the charts too. I wasn't impressed by Alli the first time I saw her but I enjoyed her so much more the second time. I think Kevin isn't a bad Fiyero. True, his voice isn't that strong but he's not that bad. I think it's worth going to see
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You