Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd

Madcap Maisie Profile Photo
Madcap Maisie
#1Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 2:01pm

"You know what really makes me mad? When girls think they can sing just because they are on the Disney Channel."
Updated On: 6/12/20 at 02:01 PM

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#2re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 2:03pm

One of the *best* Elphabas? You've got to be kidding me. My friend and I nicknamed her Marice Dud. I didn't care much for Mauzey either. This is, by far, the worst WICKED cast ever assembled on the Broadway stage. I won't be seeing this show again until the next cast change.

Nicholas Clar
#2re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 2:09pm

I saw Marcie on the tour (of Wicked) and I thought she was "ok". she had the voice and the talent but she seem to over do it. Mauzey on the other hand seems to try too hard as well. I just wished, and I know im not alone when I say this, Julie was promoted. Marcie is better off as an stand-by. I am anxious for Nicole Parker.

Madcap Maisie
#3re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 2:15pm

"You know what really makes me mad? When girls think they can sing just because they are on the Disney Channel."
Updated On: 6/12/20 at 02:15 PM

WithoutATrace
#4re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 2:15pm

I have never seen Julie live, but from what I hear about her, yes, she should have been promoted. Sad.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#5re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 2:31pm

Yeah I saw the show last Tuesday night. Allie is a HORRENDOUS Galinda (though not as bad as Kate Reinders) and Marcie, I thought, was a great Elphaba. Not the best, but not bad by any means. She seemed to be playing too much to the younger audience though. Overall, I was sort of underwhelmed by the show. There is no chemistry whatsoever between Allie and Marcie. The second act picked up quite a bit (mostly with Marcie singing one of the best NGDs I've ever heard), but I'm just glad it was only a lotto seat and not a full price.

This is just a bad cast for the time being, save for Jayne Houdyshell and Brynn O'Malley (who is KILLER as Nessa).

EnWashingtonHeights Profile Photo
EnWashingtonHeights
#6re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 2:44pm

I haven't seen wicked but Allie was the only good thing about Cry Baby.

feline0favenueQ Profile Photo
feline0favenueQ
#7re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 2:52pm

I, for one, adore Alli. Have you heard the "Alli Note"? Search it on that site. Vocally, she is brilliant. You HAVE to at least give her that. I saw her last summer as standby, shw was great.

She's been sick this week, by the way.

Madcap Maisie
#8re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 2:54pm

Updated On: 6/12/20 at 02:54 PM

feline0favenueQ Profile Photo
feline0favenueQ
#9re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 2:55pm

Brynn is great. Great casting!

brandontwin2 Profile Photo
brandontwin2
#10re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 3:09pm

The "Alli Note" has been done by many people and many of them do it much better than her.

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#11re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 3:21pm

While I do not think that this is the strongest cast Wicked has had, I don't think it is ANYWHERE near the worst.

I think Dodd is a great Elphaba who is singing the score fresher and cleaner than alot of the previous Elphabas have. Alli is good as well, although I would love to see Lindsay K. Northen get bumped up full time. Brynn is perfection. Hopefully Candler will decide to pursue something else and she will be able to stay on in the role for a bit.

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#12re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 3:45pm

How is Kevin Kern?

WithoutATrace
#13re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 3:52pm

"How is Kevin Kern?"

To be blunt, the worst Fiyero to ever play the role.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#14re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 4:00pm

"I haven't seen wicked but Allie was the only good thing about Cry Baby."

Well I didn't see Cry Baby but wasn't that role very over dramatic? So maybe that was why she was good at it.

bwayguy22089
#15re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 4:54pm

Wow. The worst Wicked cast? I think NOT.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#16re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 5:40pm

If you type in...
Marcie Dodd- Defying Gravity Nov. 21, 2008
on that site you'll be able to hear her on Broadway.

I personally love her!

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

pli1018
#17re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 5:51pm

A bunch of my friends saw the show last week and also called the leads two of the least satisfying Glindas and Elphabas ever on Broadway. I love Mauzey, so it's a little disheartening. I'll wait until Nicole Parker flies in to check out the show again.

dchesnutny Profile Photo
dchesnutny
#18re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 6:00pm

This thread is really helpful... I was considering buying tickets, but after reading all these comments, i'll wait.

Does anyone knkow when the next cast change will be?

g4rat Profile Photo
g4rat
#19re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 6:02pm

I love the honesty Marcie puts into the role. I just wish she would try to do something new and distinct in her performances. She's still quite strong, by no means is she bad.

RoxieRose3 Profile Photo
RoxieRose3
#20re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 6:09pm

Aaron Tveit returns as Fiyero & Nicole Parker takes over from Marcie in January.

Nicholas Clar
#21re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 6:20pm

I can say that her "honesty" is true and pure. Quite like SJB

bwayguy22089
#22re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 6:23pm

Idk. I think Alli is absolutely hysterical and quite a singer. Marcie is good too. Not my favorite, but she is fresh. I have seen the show many many times too.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#23re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 6:39pm

ll this talk about Alli Mauzey reminded me I saved a link of her performing Screw Loose from Cry-Baby on Regis and Kelly from another thread earlier this year. One of my favorite out of show performances.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1586371636?bclid=1586429656&bctid=1599946616

here she is being Popular in the Park
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWgP0R3AfqQ

she's so funny and adorable

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#24re: Allie Mauzey and Marcie Dodd
Posted: 12/1/08 at 8:35pm

Alli's belting sounds like Britney Spears. VERY nasal. Her soprano is fine and she hits the "Hilty/Cheno Note" fine as well. But she does not mature frm Act One to Two and she tries too hard to do little sight gags that are far too subtle for such a big show. She has no emotional depth and no connection to the people around her. She also, I noticed, completely disengages when she doesn't have a line for a bit (ex. the scene before DG in the Wizard's lair). She's just not a good choice for Galinda.

Kevin Kern is about 10 years too old for Fiyero and it shows. He does not look young, nor does he sound or act young. He's a bad, bad, bad Fiyero.

And Brynn O'Malley... Sweet Jesus... Her Nessa is all kinds of amazing. I've never been so invested in Nessa's character. And when she turns around on "Lost your heart? Well, we'll see about that..." there's this look in her eyes and this way she delivers the line that is truly terrifying. She brings something very different and emotional to a show with characters basically devoid of any emotionality. And her singing is spectacular. Her and Jayne Houdyshell (Morrible) are the best things to happen to WICKED in quite some time.

Videos