News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for M.O.A.I.

M.O.A.I. Profile Photo
Member Name: M.O.A.I.
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Case of the Mysterious Disapearing Thread, Part Deux  Sep 14 2017, 09:53:04 PM

1. This thread is a mess.

2. BroadwayWorld moderation is a mess. They take down random threads in their entirety, but don't even bother to merge or streamline the thousand threads about a given show, or all the stage door/ticket advice questions? This board is impossible to navigate, and then once you find what you're looking for, it gets taken down.

3. Saying "I don't see race" is a problem. There's a lot that needs to change in America.

Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?  Aug 30 2017, 04:23:41 PM

Calm the hell down, guys. Y'all have no patience. It's months before rehearsals will start. Like I said, odds are they're looking for a Higgins so they can announce together.

Lila Neugebauer - Does she sleep?  Aug 29 2017, 09:46:29 PM

Mostly amused she has three Marys in one season.

Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?  Aug 29 2017, 03:59:21 AM

I imagine Ambrose may be signed, but they're waiting to ink a deal with Higgins before announcing them both together.

Roundabout bringing Travesties to Broadway  Aug 16 2017, 12:46:38 PM

This board is so silly. What a great play and what amazing news!

I guess this does mean one of two things, though - either Roundabout isn't doing a musical, or Beautiful is closing soon.

Riedel on vultures circling ‘Great Comet’  Aug 4 2017, 10:56:19 AM

I heard from a friend who knows an associate producer on the show (no idea who) that the producers and crew were dissatisfied with Oak, and that he had vowed to learn the accordion but simply didn't. Thus the late start. Apparently not very professional, but this is all hearsay.

LDJ - Manville and Irons  Jul 6 2017, 10:54:42 PM

Lesley Manville and Jeremy Irons set to play Long Day's Journey Into Night in the West End, then onto BAM and LA. Fantastic news for all! I can assume this will be in the Taper season announcement.

Indecent Closing  Jun 14 2017, 03:42:14 PM

I don't disagree with any of that. But Paula Vogel's tweet had absolutely goddamn nothing to do with that. She implied Ben Brantley and Jesse Green's misogyny resulted in Sweat and Indecent's mixed notices, which is ludicrous.

Indecent Closing  Jun 14 2017, 03:36:32 PM

Smaxie said: "OK then. Answer why David Harrower's Blackbird was seen on Broadway, but not How I Learned to Drive? 

"

Sure, it's absurd that it's taken this long. But Brantley and Green aren't producers or artistic directors and that wasn't Vogel's main contention.

Indecent Closing  Jun 14 2017, 03:34:50 PM

I'll add that neither man panned either show, and that all four reviews were measured, clear, and well-reasoned. It's facile to dismiss an argument without engaging with it, but it's stupid and absurd to ignore the arguments made altogether in favor of unconscious prejudices for whicu there is no evidence.

Indecent Closing  Jun 14 2017, 03:22:24 PM

Except that social inequality is not the sole factor at play. Certainly it's astonishing that neither have been on Broadway before. But Brantley and Green are both cosmopolitan gay liberals who agree with Nottage and Vogel's politics, agree with your state-of-the-theater assessment, have liked their other works, and likely wanted to like these plays. Neither did.

When leftist gay New York arts critics are painted as oppressive conservative forces willfully enforcing a

30 years of Broadway grosses visualised and analysed  Jun 13 2017, 09:11:05 PM

If you really want to measure bankability, I'd suggest restricting yourself to above-the-title credits and restricting yourself tp the time they were in the show.

Glenne Headley has passed away.  Jun 10 2017, 11:56:47 AM

Saw her in Stage Kiss at the Geffen, which was a truly awful play and production, but she was so startling and fresh. Very sad to see her go.

Stars on stage 2017-18 season  May 26 2017, 05:34:18 PM

My mistake; I forgot M. Butterfly had a confirmed opening night set. List updated (and reformatted).

Stars on stage 2017-18 season  May 26 2017, 04:28:17 PM

CONFIRMED

Jesse Mueller, Joshua Henry, and Renee Fleming in Carousel
Mark Rylance in Farinelli and the King
Chris Evans and Michael Cera in Lobby Hero
Clive Owen in M. Butterfly
Glenda Jackson and Laurie Metcalf in Three Tall Women
Elizabeth McGovern in Time and the Conways

HEAVILY RUMORED

Andrew Garfield and Nathan Lane in Angels in America
Tony Shalhoub in T

Riedel on Groundhog Dog possibly being in trouble  May 26 2017, 04:16:45 PM

How soon is soon? I imagine unless they're recasting Gough, they'll wait until spring. She's got a People Places and Things run at St. Ann's this fall.

Estate of Edward Albee Yanks Rights to Production Over Casting of Black Actor  May 19 2017, 03:18:08 PM

This whole problem would be solved if we had reasonable copyright laws in the US.

THE GLASS MENAGERIE Sets Early Closing Date  May 12 2017, 12:00:07 PM

While "too soon" may be a factor for the type of people who post on this board, I think we vastly overestimate the percent of audience members who know when the last revival of anything was, let alone went to it. Also, people rewatch their favorite films and reread their favorite books every few years - why isn't five years a long enough gap for a great play?

Riedel on London plays possibly transferring  May 10 2017, 05:41:32 PM

I presume Staunton and maybe Lara Pulver would be the only cast members to transfer.

Riedel on London plays possibly transferring  May 10 2017, 01:20:18 PM

Jackson's Lear could probably be successful in a moderately sized playhouse. From what I understand, it's rather a Brechtian/minimalist production, so I can't imagine a huge budget? I don't know how viable Travesties is, but Baz Bamigboye reported it was looking to transfer. It's been a year for Richard, yes, but Fiennes likely has a lot of film commitments, so it's hard to say why it didn't transfer to the West End. Redgrave's age is, of course, a problem.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You