News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for canadian fan

Member Name: canadian fan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Seattle  Feb 19 2018, 09:34:16 PM

I thought Nic Walker was the male standout. And Shoba was my favourite performance. Her rendition of Burn was very close to Phillipa Soos version.  I have been meaning to look Shoba up as I saw in her Bio she was in the Great Comet. We saw that show on Broadway last May, but I don't remember her, and she was so outstanding in this I don't know how thats possible.....time to go check my playbill!!

Hamilton Seattle  Feb 19 2018, 08:59:50 PM

your secret is safe with me :)

Hamilton Seattle  Feb 19 2018, 08:23:14 PM

Sorry for another Hamilton thread but I didn't seen any thread about the touring production.  Saw Hamilton in Seattle this past weekend. I hadn't seen this show before, but of course anyone who follows theatre knows basically what the show is about.  It goes without saying having purchased season tickets to the Seattle Broadway season essentially to guarantee my seat for Hamilton, we were very excited to finally see the show.  It did not disappoint. If its pos

The HAMILTON Tour Thread  Feb 8 2018, 11:52:29 PM

Going next weekend. Will post some thoughts then. Hard to give any type of comparison to anything as I have never seen Hamilton before.  Looking forward to it for sure!! 

Best experience you've had at a show?  Feb 7 2018, 08:54:56 PM

Great question.....

1st- I also vote for the Great Comet. Totally unique, never been immersed in anything like that before. 

2nd- Mark Rylance in Jerusalem. 

3rd- Seeing original cast of Book of Mormon with Josh Gad. Wasn't ready for that :) 

Immersive Seating at SWEENEY  Jan 28 2018, 01:30:28 PM

SempreLiberal said: "Bald guys near the front might be referenced during the Pirelli sequence."

Umm.....yup, I can personally attest to this haha....but it was all fun. Actually what a wonderful night we had, sat in E11&E12. Happy with the view there as we had no craning of the neck at all, everything was in front of us. But my wife and I were slightly distracted as sitting directly opposite us D2&3 were Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz.  Perf

Seattle 2019 Season announced  Jan 7 2018, 01:25:40 AM

Couldn't agree more Canadian in NY. It is unfortunate that there isn't a better Venue. I do go to several shows a year in our community as we also like to support local talent.  My wife and I have been very fortunate to be able to go to Seattle 5-6 times a year, and have also been to Broadway 4-5 times over the years as well. We are seeing Hamilton in Seattle next month and are very much looking forward to it. 

Seattle 2019 Season announced  Jan 7 2018, 01:04:53 AM

Oh, and thanks ripped man, Im going to start searching out these shows that are already touring! See what kind of feedback is out there. :)

Seattle 2019 Season announced  Jan 7 2018, 01:02:19 AM

I don't even bother with the Broadway across Canada. Even if they do come (and rarely does anything that great come to Vancouver) the venue is terrible. Its not the least bit intimate. I live just outside Vancouver and have seen probably 30-40 shows in Seattle over the years, and literally 1 in Vancouver, and won't attend another Vancouver show. I would rather make the 3 hour drive and spend the weekend in Seattle and see a show in a much better Venue. 

Seattle 2019 Season announced  Jan 5 2018, 11:32:40 PM

And for me I just don't care for her music. Not my cup of tea, so seeing a show based on that material wouldn't interest me.  Saw DEH with Ben Platt last year, so thats a tough act to follow, but we will still enjoy the show Im sure. Im assuming none of the incarnations of these shows are touring right now (maybe colour of purple as its in the summer?)  Casting etc will be interesting for some of these. 

Seattle 2019 Season announced  Jan 5 2018, 12:02:29 AM

Don't see a thread for this, but was notified today of next seasons line up for the 2018/19 Broadway Season.  The 7 shows are:

Dear Evan Hansen

The Colour Purple 

Waitress

School of Rock

Cats

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

On Your Feet

Really looking forward to the first 3, will see the 4th one, and the last three I will skip....but overall not too bad? 

The Bodyguard tour stops/dates  Nov 19 2017, 08:49:41 PM

Just saw this production last night. Was really "jarred" by how poor the show was.  I am a season ticket holder in Seattle and this wasn't a show I had high hopes for. My low expectations were met.  The singing performances were enjoyable and carried the show as best they could. The dialogue was laughable. The choreography was ridiculous and the dancers were weak. I laughed out loud when one dance routine included one dancer jumping over another like and adult ver

Aladdin tour  Nov 2 2017, 09:32:04 PM

We saw the Seattle performance a few days ago. Really enjoyed it, much more than we anticipated. And the carpet? That was extremely cool. Jaw dropping actually. Had to google how they did that as soon as we got home. Big thumbs up from us! 

Who's going to Comet's final performance?  Sep 11 2017, 11:59:49 PM

Sad to see it closing. I think it was the best theater experience I have ever had. I feel privileged to be able to say I saw it. Thank you to all those performers who left me with a lasting memory. :)

AIN'T TOO PROUD - The Temptations Musical Bound for Broadway in 2018  Sep 3 2017, 03:47:37 PM

Ummm......YES!!  This would be top of my list of must sees. Love the music, so much subject matter. Had the pleasure to see Otis Williams and the temps perform about 15 years ago in San Diego. Such an honour. 

Fun Home Tour  Jul 29 2017, 06:02:11 PM

Charley Kringas Inc said: "You're right, I'm sorry, I was misled by my own emotions. In reality, there were only a handful of people in the audience, most of the cast was off-pitch, and everyone walked out halfway through. Really terrible, I wish them the worst.

"I was in no way trying to diminish your experience. Im glad you enjoyed it so much and of course the audience at the show you attended perhaps was much different than the one I att

Fun Home Tour  Jul 29 2017, 12:00:26 AM

I also saw this in Seattle,  a couple weeks ago.  The theater was maybe 1/2 full at best. Balcony was definitely only about 1/3 full.  There were no gasps, or any such thing during the show that I saw.  While the show was somewhat enjoyable, I wasn't blown away and the music was underwhelming overall. I saw it 2 weeks ago and actually have a hard time remembering specifics. Guess enough said?  The raves on here dont match my experience and from what I can tel

Rodney Hicks in COME FROM AWAY  Jul 9 2017, 07:06:43 PM

When we saw the show in May I was confused by his voice. I honestly thought he had a speech impediment of some sort. I did find it hard to understand what he was saying at times. 

Picking two more shows for my trip  Jun 11 2017, 07:16:31 PM

I saw Indecent and was very moved, I highly recommend it.  

Tony winners who tour  Jun 11 2017, 01:02:45 PM

Heres one......was in NY when Next to Normal was playing and we were excited to see Alice Ripley as I had read how wonderful she was in the role. Well, unfortunately on the night of our show the understudy was on as Miss Ripley was off that day I guess. (show was awesome, loved it regardless)  A year or so later, the touring production comes to Seattle, with Miss Ripley in the lead role again as part of the tour. It was a second chance to see her! So we make the trip down to Seattle

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You