News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for unckristen

unckristen Profile Photo
Member Name: unckristen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The 'Official' Good-Bye thread to the Edies (GREY GARDENS)
 Jul 30 2007, 02:33:45 PM
Yesterday was one of many days when I cursed living so far away. I only got to see Grey Gardens once but it was truly one of the most beautiful experiences. The music is so touching and the all of the cast, but of course especially Christine, is just wonderful. Love to the Edies ...
re: Previews
 Jul 24 2007, 02:38:04 PM
No, but you may be more likely to find a discount code during previews.
re: Grey Gardens: question re: 'Around the World' lyrics
 Jul 6 2007, 04:06:33 PM
I believe Jackie and Lee each sent money for repairs to the house.
re: Grey Gardens: question re: 'Around the World' lyrics
 Jul 6 2007, 02:09:17 PM
He also lists the 10 best dressed -- it's just that the worst dressed gets more attention. I don't think Edie is insulting her cousin.
re: DRG's July 5- July 7 Reviews
 Jul 6 2007, 10:45:20 AM
Great review and glad you enjoyed your return visit. It's good to see Erin get more attention -- she really is great in the show and, while understandably overshadowed by Christine and Mary Louise, she deserves a lot of praise in her own right. As many have pointed out, she doesn't have the benefit of the documentary to aid in her performance.
re: Does anyone else think the LEGALLY BLONDE cd is AMAZING?!
 Jul 6 2007, 10:36:38 AM
I haven't seen the show but did just listen to the CD. I wasn't sure what to expect and for the first few numbers wasn't too optimistic, but I have to say that it grows on you and by about half-way through I was really enjoying it. Chip on My Shoulder and So Much Better are the tracks I'm playing the most.
re: How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?
 Jul 3 2007, 02:21:29 PM
I sat row b mezz there and it was fine. No problems at all. Just like everyone said though, it is steep getting to and from your seat.
re: GREY GARDENS Will Lose Its Entire Investment
 Jul 3 2007, 02:12:07 PM
It is unfortunate. It was written a few weeks ago that the show hadn't recouped a penny and I had hoped at the time that the statement was an exaggeration but I guess not. It's unfortunate -- Grey Gardens was a beautiful show highlighted by some amazing performances. It deserved a larger audience. Hopefully, something can come together for the show to live on through DVD.
re:Frost/Nixon Stage Door
 Jun 29 2007, 01:54:41 PM
It's hit or miss after the matinees. Michael Sheen did come out after the matinee when I was there but he just walks out and goes about his business. I was down the street a bit and recognized him but I don't think anyone standing right there recognized him. Not sure about signing, although he did sign my playbill when I left it for him at the theater. I didn't see Langella come out that afternoon.
Yes.
 Jun 28 2007, 10:49:27 AM
That would all depend on whoever owns the right to the recording. If PBS isn't recording it, then it should just be up to the show's producers.
Yes.
 Jun 28 2007, 10:40:34 AM
Em - I agree with your earlier point that it is pretty ambitious to record two shows (with 9 or 10 cameras) without a deal pretty close to completion. That's just a reality of realizing that time is not on the side of waiting for i's to be dotted.

And just to add $.02 about non-NY theater-goers: I live in Raleigh. Yes, we have a lot of well-educated theater-goers here but the sad reality is that not every mid-major market can support a week of a show that isn't either family-friend

re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
 Jun 22 2007, 11:01:48 AM
It's not like there are many roles, so I guess "pivotal" isn't too much of a stretch, even if it is a silly way to describe it. As far as the casting choice goes, I think she'll be great. Seeing the dynamic between her and Streep should be interesting.
re: Does PBS want to record to COMPANY?
 Jun 21 2007, 02:17:21 PM
Excellent points. And DVD's could help build interest not just in the shows, but in other shows from that composer and in those performers. It can help build interest when tourists go to NY and for when touring productions come through town. If having a legal DVD out there would actually hurt box office for a show, then the box office probably wasn't that strong to begin with.
 Jun 20 2007, 03:53:48 PM
I would guess that a good bit of the audience would be by invitation if they did bring the cast back to film post-closing.
re: Beaches
 Jun 18 2007, 09:41:13 AM
My husband insists this has already been brought to the stage -- Wicked as really being Beaches with a green chick. So Gotham just made me crack up laughing.
 Jun 15 2007, 03:55:59 PM
Sadly, unless they've been working on this for awhile, it seems a little late to be getting our hopes up.
re: Which OBCR?
 Jun 14 2007, 04:16:03 PM
Grey Gardens
Curtains
Ragtime
Company
A Chorus Line

re: Since Company is closing, what should I see instead??
 Jun 14 2007, 10:00:48 AM
Definitely Frost/Nixon. If you like politics, it's great. But even if you don't like politics, when it comes down to it, it's really about the people. (how corny did that sound -- but it's true). Plus, it's a limited run, Sheen and Langella are not to be missed, and then you'll have the fun of snobbishly getting to compare the film to the play. It's really a no-lose situation
re: The Broadway Show Letter Game
 Jun 13 2007, 05:27:08 PM
Sight Unseen
re: Grey Gardens tonight
 Jun 13 2007, 02:15:51 PM
What a wonderful night! And so deserved for both of them! Yeah Grey Gardens!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You