pixeltracker

Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'

Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#1Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 10:22am

"Amy Adams is in negotiations to star opposite Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman in "Doubt," John Patrick Shanley's screen adaptation of his Pulitzer Prize-winning play for Miramax Films and producer Scott Rudin.

Adams will play the pivotal role of a young nun in the middle of a tense confrontation in which a Bronx Catholic school principal (Streep) accuses a priest (Hoffman) of pedophilia..."

http://www.backstage.com/bso/news_reviews/nyc/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003602333

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 6/22/07 at 10:22 AM

Yankeefan007
#2re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 10:24am

Sister James is pivotal?

somethingwicked
#2re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 10:26am

Describing the role as 'pivotal' may be going a bit far, but it's certainly important (as James is the innocent bystander who, like the audience, is forced to make a judgement based on the events at hand.)

I find Adams to be just about perfect for the role. Now they just need to go ahead and cast Angela Basset as Mrs Muller.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Updated On: 6/22/07 at 10:26 AM

unckristen Profile Photo
unckristen
#3re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 11:01am

It's not like there are many roles, so I guess "pivotal" isn't too much of a stretch, even if it is a silly way to describe it. As far as the casting choice goes, I think she'll be great. Seeing the dynamic between her and Streep should be interesting.

"She sang each word, the angels heard ... They closed her mouth and shipped her south. The woman's done."

ThankstoPhantom
#4re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 11:12am

Good casting choice.

This film should be very good. I'm sure they'll expand it a tad with more extras walking around, but I have a feeling it'll be faithful and intimate (well...as intimate as a movie can be).

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

shesamarshmallow
#5re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 12:18pm

I love her.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

VIETgrlTerifa
#6re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 1:15pm

I heard great things about Jena Malone in the role. I wish they'd cast her since she's no stranger to film.

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."

ThankstoPhantom
#7re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 1:19pm

I saw Jena Malone's seventh performance in the show. At that time, she showed great promise to be marvelous, and I have no doubt that she became so. She was sympathetic and very real.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#8re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 2:23pm

I think it's great casting. I love Amy Adams.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#9re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 3:51pm

DOUBT is the only straight play I have seen on Broadway, and I loved it. I saw Eileen Atkins and Jena Malone... Jena would be great for the movie. I really liked her performance, and she has some good Hollywood credits under her belt (Stepmom, SAVED, etc.).

I liked Amy Adams on AI, but I have never seen her act... but I'm sure with a movie like this they wouldn't pick someone who couldn't hold their own with Streep and Hoffman. Best of luck to whoever gets it! I'll be in the audience...

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

somethingwicked
#10re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 4:01pm

"I liked Amy Adams on AI, but I have never seen her act... but I'm sure with a movie like this they wouldn't pick someone who couldn't hold their own with Streep and Hoffman."

...it's not the Amy Adams from American Idol.

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#11re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 4:04pm

It's oscar nominated actress Amy Adams from Junebug and Drop Dead Gorgeous.

KMC

Jesus saves. I spend.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#12re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 6:09pm

She's a great actress and the one possible casting choice I could get excited about. I'm still having a hard time getting over the terrible casting of Hoffman.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

christhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
#13re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 7:14pm

This news made my day, I hope the deal goes through. Amy Adams is an amazing talent. Her role in Junebug is one of my favroite preformances ever captured on film.

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#14re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/22/07 at 7:55pm

haha omg... I feel like such an ass right now.

*sits in corner*

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

somethingwicked
#15re: Amy Adams Eyes Divine Role in 'Doubt'
Posted: 6/23/07 at 9:18pm

Maybe I saw her on an off night, but I found Jena Malone to be hideous (which was a shame as she's extremely talented.)

Videos