News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Katecab99

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Member Name: Katecab99
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Theatre Job Resources  Sep 1 2010, 11:54:30 AM
If you're looking for more administrative work in the theatre, nyfa.org is a good one and idealist.org is great for non-profit listings.
Final performances in N2N by Alice, Brian, and Jenn...anyone else going?  Jun 17 2010, 10:28:03 AM
I'm going. It's the first full-price ticket I've splurged on in a long time, but I'm confident that it will be worth every penny.

I'm very, VERY excited about the replacement cast, though!

Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors  Jun 17 2010, 10:25:06 AM
"Broadway is currently in an unhealthy codependent love affair with pop culture. And it was obvious on the Tonys."

AMEN!

It was also disheartening to see so many headlines like: "Broadway Goes Hollywood At The Tony Awards", "Hollywood Takes Over Tonys" and "In New York, Tony Awards Red Carpet Looks Alot Like Hollywood". Le sigh.

I do understand and appreciate, however, the very delicate balance regarding this whole situation. We want exposure outside of New York, but

Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated  Jun 15 2010, 05:12:08 PM
I could not agree more - Everyday Rapture was WAY overlooked. Too bad.
Times Square Tony Party!!  Jun 15 2010, 10:55:05 AM
I went and ended up really enjoying it! There were actually moments where I forgot that I was sitting in the middle of Times Square.

I personally think Constantine is a tool, but aside from that I would certainly do it again.

Married Couple Mazzie & Danieley Take Over in NEXT TO NORMAL 7/19  Jun 3 2010, 04:05:59 PM
I couldn't be happier - I think this is brilliant.
re: NEXT TO NORMAL Replaces Rush with Lottery  Oct 5 2009, 01:32:50 PM
Play the lotto?
re: Alice Ripley strikes again (on YouTube)  Sep 24 2009, 02:42:36 PM
or

CREATIVE AND ENTERTAINING!!!

re: Alice Ripley strikes again (on YouTube)  Sep 16 2009, 09:55:12 PM
ME TOO! So, so, so fantastic.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!  Sep 11 2009, 02:33:56 PM
I would think so, but the line seems to really fluctuate. The Friday before Labor day I went really early (like, got there by around 5 - I had friends coming in and didn't want to risk not getting front row considering it was a holiday weekend) and I was the only person roaming around 45th street for close to an hour. I tried it on a Sunday a few weeks before that, got there around 7, and was 7th in line.

I was going to attempt it on Sunday, but I'm wondering about Broadway on Broadway

re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN  Sep 8 2009, 11:39:30 AM
One of my favorite days of the year. :)
re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7  Sep 8 2009, 10:09:28 AM
I'm tearing up just reading about last night!

BIGGER SAP!

re: Jobs in Development/Fundraising for theatre  Aug 24 2009, 10:43:59 AM
The best advice I got was to land an entry-level job or internship in fundraising/development anywhere you can, because the basics are generally the same. I've been working in development in a non-profit cancer organization for the past two years, but have done alot of volunteer work in the arts to try to gain experience in both areas.

Idealist is a great place to start - you might also want to scan playbill.com jobs as well as nyfa.org (if you're in ny).

re: Anthony Rapp Brings 'Without You' to Joe's Pub September 29th  Aug 21 2009, 09:26:04 AM
SO excited!
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!  Aug 20 2009, 03:16:42 PM
Yeah, adam...I thought I'd be sitting half-way down 45th street by the time I got there, but somehow I lucked out. I'm hoping after Labor Day weekend, it calms down once school starts and the summer tourist season winds down.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!  Aug 19 2009, 10:08:27 AM
So, I'm months late - but better late than never to jump in on the love, yes?

About rushing - I did last Sunday...got there at 8am, was about 12th in line. I ended up with AA 106 & 107, which are the two center seats of the front row. It was AWESOME, and the 4 hour wait was pretty painless thanks to a book and people watching.

re: Mullally Writing KAREN: THE MUSICAL and Broadway-Bound in 2010  Aug 14 2009, 11:36:26 AM
Love, love LOVE the idea! I'll be beside myself if it actually comes to pass!
re: Alice Ripley  Aug 11 2009, 12:03:20 PM
I must just love them bat sh*t crazy and old school bananas - because both Alice and Patti are the two most fantastic and brilliant performers I've ever seen.
re: Seeing Shows By Yourself  Jul 24 2009, 10:45:37 AM
I actually prefer seeing shows by myself, especially if it's my first time seeing it. I just feel like I'm much more focused that way.

Also, I'm always happy to stand or sit in less than perfect seats for less money, but not everyone is as laid-back about those kinds of things - not to mention, it's also often easier to score a single student/lottery/SRO ticket than to try to get more than one!

re: Ton More 'N2N' TDF Dates Added  Jul 24 2009, 10:25:45 AM
Ugh, I thought the same thing.

Has it been on TKTS at all? I get the Brooklyn/South Street Seaport TKTS daily e-mail and I don't recall seeing it on there recently...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You