pixeltracker

Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD ANNUAL BROADWAY FLEA MARKET & GRAND AUCTION' 9/27

Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD ANNUAL BROADWAY FLEA MARKET & GRAND AUCTION' 9/27

wafflehouse2005 Profile Photo
wafflehouse2005
#2re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD ANNUAL BROADWAY FLEA MARKET & GRAND AUCTION' 9/27
Posted: 9/8/09 at 10:53am

I have never been to the flea market, and I was wondering if it is just for the 27th? Or is it a weekend type thing?

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#2re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD ANNUAL BROADWAY FLEA MARKET & GRAND AUCTION' 9/27
Posted: 9/8/09 at 10:58am

It's just on that Sunday. It runs from 10am to 7pm, as far as I saw. If I'm wrong on the time, someone let me know.

I'm excited for Karen Olivo and Christopher Sieber at the celebrity table. I have a feeling I'll be choosing only one though, as it is expensive, unless they end up at the same one.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Yankeefan007
#3re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD ANNUAL BROADWAY FLEA MARKET & GRAND AUCTION' 9/27
Posted: 9/8/09 at 11:00am

Absolutely nobody exciting this year.

That said, I dropped $20 to get Ian McKellen to sign a few things last year. Of course, got a few other people, as well.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 11:05am

YES! Bernadette is there this year!!!!

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#5re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 11:15am

I don't do the celebrity table, I find it a waste of money as I can go meet 90% of those people at the stagedoor for free. I waste my money on Playbills re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 11:17am

I don't normally do the tables either, HOWEVER - when you get Bernadette at the stage door, she signs with a "B" and a dash next to that. At the tables, you get "Bernadette Peters". I think it's worth it and am so happy she's doing it again! :)

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#7re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 11:39am

One of my favorite days of the year. :)

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#8re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 11:40am

I'm pretty sure there will be more people signing up later.

What I'm pissed about is that I've been able to go the past like 4 years but this year I'm in Orlando and cant get up there then and this year, Alex Cole from one of those soaps will be there and I just remembered that I worked with him 2 or 3 years ago at STNJ. haha. the theater world is so small. :)

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#9re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 12:02pm

I didn't do the table last year though I did hang out at the photo booth most of the day. If Marin Mazzie and Jason Daniely are at the same time I may ask for a picture with both of them as well as Danny Burstein/Rebecca Luker. Last year I requested Kerry Butler and Tony Roberts together and once I did a lot of other people wanted them as well. So I got BC/EFA a little extra money. I, also, got Matt Cavenaugh and Jenny Powers together but I believe I was the only one to do so.

I didn't pay for pictures for anyone I'd met before. Mostly for the people I may not get the chance to meet again like Bebe and Patrick Wilson. Sure, they'll be back in NYC but they're so famous that the stage doors of their shows are sure to be mobbed.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".
Updated On: 9/8/09 at 12:02 PM

FeelingElectric
#10re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 3:10pm

This being my fourth year going to the Broadway Flea Market, I have to say that I like the initial list for the Celebrity table so far. There are a few more names I would like to see added, but I'm excited about what I see.

I live for this every year. I could certainly meet a lot of these performers at the stage door, but there are also worse things I could do with my money. It's all for a good cause.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

Jess03187 Profile Photo
Jess03187
#11re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 3:44pm

I never have been to this before but I am thinking of going this year. How do you know who is available and when they are available at the photo booth or autograph table?

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#12re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 3:52pm

As we get closer to the actual date a schedule will be released with the day separated into 55 minute blocks. 11:00-11:55, 12:00-12:55, etc until 4pm. Each 55 minute block will have a list of names underneath and those are the people who will be at the autograh table/photo booth. The table costs $25 for the whole table and the photo booth is $10/person unless they're offering a special. Last year you could get the [tos] cast for $40. You can also offer more than $10 if you want more than one person in your picture. Like I mentioned previously I offered more for Kerry Butler and Tony Roberts. They were posing on their own for $10 a piece but I offered a bit more for one picture of the three of us together. They don't always say yes but they don't, usually, turn down extra money. It's up to the celeb though.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".
Updated On: 9/8/09 at 03:52 PM

Jess03187 Profile Photo
Jess03187
#13re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 3:59pm

Thanks so much for the info! I am defiantly going to try to make it into the city this year for it!

wnt91311
#14re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 6:23pm

I really want to come into the city for this. Do people line up in advance for the autographs or are you good to get there right when the time block starts?

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#15re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 6:28pm

I'd have to say to get there at least ten minutes prior and just hang out with your fellow theatre fans. Last year I spent most of the day at the photobooth and walked away, maybe, once or twice.. I didn't go through the autograph line so I can't comment on how that is but if you're at the photo booth they'll call out the name of a celeb and you let them know you want your picture taken with that person and they'll put you in the correct line. If you want your picture taken with more than one person in a 55 minute block just make sure the organizers know. That do their best to accommodate everyone.

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#16re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 7:42pm

Is somebody there taking your picture with your own camera?

For the others - I don't think the point of this is that you can get autographs or photos that you couldn't just get at the stage door. The point is to raise money for BC/EFA. If you're not interested in contributing something to a very worthy cause, then just stay home.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

#17re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 7:46pm

I've been to the flea market in the past, but have never done the photobooth or autograph table. How much does it cost?

FeelingElectric
#18re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 8:02pm

Well said Mamie.

If the prices are what they were last year:

Each hour of the Autograph Table is $25 (max. 2 items signed)
The BC/EFA Flea Market Poster is $15
Photo Booth is $10

There are also "Special" Photo Booth appearances that are $40, either with multiple performers or those considered megastars. In the past two years these have included:

Bernadette Peters
Max and Laura From Grease
Jonathan Groff, John Gallagher Jr, and Lea Michele
Frankie Valli
Sir Ian McKellen
Vanessa, Lynn and Corin Redgrave
and the cast of [title of show]

I'm really hoping one of these this year would be a picture with all of the Goodmans from Next To Normal. Since Alice Ripley and J. Robert Spencer are already confirmed, I guess that's still possible.

For the Photo Booth, you can choose to have a Polaroid taken or to have your camera used. It's the same price either way, which is why I opt for the Polaroid

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield
Updated On: 9/8/09 at 08:02 PM

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#19re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 8:13pm

I wonder if they're really going to offer Polaroid's this year - since I believe that they've stopped manufacturing Polaroid film.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

RockabyeHamlet
#20re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 8:19pm

Not a bad list. I may spring for the table, especially if Bernadette and Alice Riply are in the same block. I am also hoping Aaron Tveit, Michael Cerveris, and Brian Stokes Mitchell sign on.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#21re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 8:42pm

So do you have to bring your own stuff to the autograph table, and everyone signs it? Or is there something you get for them to sign? Sorry, I've never gone before.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#22re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 9:09pm

I haven't done the table since 2005 (the year the Spamalot OBC was there), but from what I remember, if you didn't have an item for someone to sign they all had a nice note pad with a watermarked BCEFA logo that each guest could sign for you, if you wanted.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#23re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/8/09 at 11:04pm

Didn't Polaroid get a "reprieve"? I thought I'd heard that.

Btw, if you see a poster that had been hanging outside of a theatre for sale think hard before buying it. They are not paper that can be rolled up but a very heavy wood that you have to carry from 44th Street to Penn Station, get it on the train, and then get it into your car in NJ re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN

For the others - I don't think the point of this is that you can get autographs or photos that you couldn't just get at the stage door. The point is to raise money for BC/EFA.

I can't speak for anyone else here but I do a lot for BC/EFA. This past spring I, personally, raised $420 for Easter Bonnet. At the same time I don't have a lot of money and have to be a little picky how I spend it. Yes, a photo is only $10 but who knows if I might miss that $10 later. So if I have a choice between spending $10 to get my picture with Beth Leveal who I met last year and took a pic with at the FY stage door, I'm going to pass. Nothing against Beth, whom I adore, or BC/EFA. I just need to try and be careful.

amoni2 Profile Photo
amoni2
#24re: Ripley, Fierstein, Batt, DeGarmo, Ashley And Many More Set For '23RD AN
Posted: 9/9/09 at 2:03am

Not a bad list. I may spring for the table, especially if Bernadette and Alice Riply are in the same block. I am also hoping Aaron Tveit, Michael Cerveris, and Brian Stokes Mitchell sign on.

The table times should be listed today at the BCEFA site. Alice Ripley has a matinee so she will be there early. Last time Bernadette was there was later in the day while the shows were on.

Videos