Times Square Tony Party!!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1Times Square Tony Party!!
Posted: 6/13/10 at 6:59pm

Wish I were there!! Looks like a BLAST! Too bad about the rain, I'm sure many more people might have shown up!

I'll have to plan on going to Times Square on Tony night next year...that is, if they do it again...

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#2Times Square Tony Party!!
Posted: 6/13/10 at 11:50pm

Did anyone go?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

spyfan21
#2Times Square Tony Party!!
Posted: 6/14/10 at 12:09am

I was there for about an hour. The seats were still soaking wet from the rain earlier. Overall, nothing spectacular but I'll give Constantine (who hosted) credit for trying. Anyone else go?

Jersey Girl2 Profile Photo
Jersey Girl2
#3Times Square Tony Party!!
Posted: 6/14/10 at 11:29pm

I was there- I had a blast!
There were volunteers there drying off the seats and handing out seat covers for the cloth seats. There was quite a crowd there. Constantine did a great job and the weather cooperated until the very end when it started to mist a bit. As we walked to our car we watched the cast of Memphis get off their bus at the theater.

Times Square Tony Party!!

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss."
Updated On: 6/14/10 at 11:29 PM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#4Times Square Tony Party!!
Posted: 6/14/10 at 11:41pm

I was there! Constantine did a good job!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#5Times Square Tony Party!!
Posted: 6/15/10 at 10:55am

I went and ended up really enjoying it! There were actually moments where I forgot that I was sitting in the middle of Times Square.

I personally think Constantine is a tool, but aside from that I would certainly do it again.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#6Times Square Tony Party!!
Posted: 6/15/10 at 11:35am

I didn't watch any of the show there but I did walk past the crowd after I saw Chicago. It looked like a good amount of people there though.