News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sdgold60

Member Name: sdgold60
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Fiddler on the Roof Previews
 Dec 7 2015, 01:59:06 PM

There were some people in the audience who i spoke to who saw Zero Mostel but most in my section had never seen FOTR live.  Some may have seen Hershel Bernardi and i had the Pleasure??? to see Harvey Feirstein and Rosie ODonnell destroy Fiddler.  Most were middle age people with grandchildren at the Sat Matinee. There was lots of talk of Dancing with Fathers at their wedding to Sunrise Sunset. Its was a nostagia crowd for sure. Again my personal experience on Saturday. 

Fiddler on the Roof Previews
 Dec 7 2015, 09:10:17 AM

I was at Saturday's matinee. . I agree the Framing of the red coat does not work but I think this is a fresh production of a traditional musical that is well known. Like other Barlett Sher productions, i think that the set design with so many scene changes Vs. King and I and South Pacific, was done masterfully. The use of lighting to accentuate when the characters are struggling eg. Tevye looking at Hodel and Perchik's engagement, and I loved the dream sequence.  I thought the us

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
 Dec 4 2015, 09:10:51 AM

Though i did not care for the reference in the changes in the book such as overusing "throwing shade" or representin', you have to give Fierstein credit for raising the issues about a white guy rewriting the script. He initially refused and was informed that the original book WAS written by a white guy, so he took it on. I thought the costumes and performances were outstanding.  Each Actor nailed their parts and songs.  

Whoopi Live On Broadway
 Dec 4 2015, 08:54:40 AM

I got a chance to see them both... I loved that Whoopi can encompass the whole stage and turn herself into those characters. you no longer are watching Whoopi Goldberg but rather whatever characters shows up. I like that in number 2 or the last one, she revisited some of her characters but added new ones. I saw it right after she was banned by the Bush Administration for speaking out so she was talking about that too.  it was my 49th birthday and I asked  the House Manager to have a

Bull Durham
 Aug 12 2014, 02:52:09 PM
Bull Durham in currently in Atlanta being worked on for a Broadway release in 2015. what is the scoop?
Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
 Mar 25 2014, 10:17:21 AM
I saw the performance a few weekends ago. I was more than upset at talking through the dialogue and potato chip eating and soda popping during the first act. I complained to the house manager and then to the Shubert Organization. There needs to be an announcement or playbill insert. Movie going audiences do not understand live theater. It ruined the play for me.
Wow, congrats to Robert Lopez for becoming the 12th EGOT winner tonight!!!
 Mar 4 2014, 01:02:20 PM
what about Barbra Stresand as an EGOT
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You