pixeltracker

Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips

Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips

sdgold60
#1Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 10:17am

I saw the performance a few weekends ago. I was more than upset at talking through the dialogue and potato chip eating and soda popping during the first act. I complained to the house manager and then to the Shubert Organization. There needs to be an announcement or playbill insert. Movie going audiences do not understand live theater. It ruined the play for me.

FindingNamo
#2Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 10:19am

There was soda popping?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#2Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 10:19am

I don't know about the cat... but I sure am enjoying it.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#3Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 10:21am

They at least could have eaten raisins.

They are quiet and appropriate.

....but the world goes 'round

evic
#4Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 11:12am

Sweet Brown must have been in the house. Eating and drinking in the theater is accepted nowadays. The greedy producers have vendors hawk snacks during intermission like in the circus, so they are ok with it. It is so wrong, but sadly that is our society now......nobody's got no class.

FindingNamo
#5Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 11:18am

They should sell raisins and Sun Chips at the concession.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 11:18am

Theaters now sell Pringles. F*CKING PRINGLES. It's not just this show, it's all of them.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#7Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 11:29am

Americans can't not eat for more than an hour. We simply wither up and die.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

AEA AGMA SM
#8Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 5:32pm

Is it really just an American problem though? Weren't they hawking ice cream during the interval over in the West End well before Broadway theaters were allowing food and drink at your seats? (I feel as if I've read that before, please correct me if I'm wrong)

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#9Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 5:35pm

They were at least as early as the the mid 90s--ice cream and drinks, from what I remember. I remember a friend said they'd done it for ages in London, so it seems to be part of the tradition there. Ice cream doesn't crunch, though I suppose.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#10Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 5:35pm

They've been selling ice cream as an interval treat since the dinosaurs on the West End, but the portions are tiny and ice cream is pretty freaking quiet.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#11Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 5:43pm

At a concession stand near you Raisin In The Sun raisins. Only $10 a box

Poster Emeritus

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#12Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 5:46pm

I had the dude behind me eating chips and his wife chomping on nuts during The Realistic Joneses. It was very distracting and Toni Collette is soft-spoken-she was hard to hear at times. I was annoyed.

Who do I complain to? The theatre sold them that crap. It's disgraceful.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#13Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 6:06pm

Complain to the director and have him tell Toni to talk louder!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#14Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 6:09pm

"Can the actors please speak up so I can hear them over the chewing and bag rattling?"

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Simon Damon
#15Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 6:09pm

I never understood buying food for a show. Why would you need to eat during a show. Its rude to the patrons who paid good money for the show.

AEA AGMA SM
#16Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 6:12pm

In all seriousness I would still say to complain to the theatre management and/or producers. If your experience is unsatisfactory due to a controllable factor like that then you should let them know. I would compare it to people who write bad reviews for hotels on sites like Tripadvisor. They had a horrible experience, but a large number of those people just sat there in their problem ridden hotel room rather than complain about it and give the hotel management a chance to actually fix it.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#17Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 7:06pm

I would love to see Patti on stage when she sees this type of behavior in front of her. It would be an atom bomb going off.

Poster Emeritus

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#18Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 7:15pm

When I was still working at ticket scanning, occasionally people would ask me "where do we buy the hot dogs?" I used to get a good laugh out of that but now I'm sorry to say that hot dogs are probably next.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

AEA AGMA SM
#19Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 7:35pm

Luckily I think the changes they would have to implement to meet health regulations to serve hot foods would be impractical for a majority of the Broadway theaters to meet. A lot of them are on shaky grounds with the health department as it is in the storage and handling of their pre-packaged foods.

Liza's Headband
#20Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 8:06pm

Jane, I was at PIPPIN back in Feb (super bowl weekend). A large family, all wearing Seattle Seahawks jerseys, sat directly in front of me and then pulled out a concealed bag of hot dogs to munch on. Chili cheese dogs to be specific. Does that count?

Nastiest, grossest sh*t ever.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#21Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/25/14 at 8:10pm

Surprised they would even consider a Broadway show instead of the nearest bar.

Poster Emeritus

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#22Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/26/14 at 2:02am

But Hotdogs aren't noisy are they?

Darreyl with an L!

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#23Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/26/14 at 2:05am

@ Borstalboy
That statement should read "SOME" Americans can't not eat for more than an hour. We simply wither up and die.
- Not ALL of us are like that. LOL

Darreyl with an L!

brdway411
#24Raisin in the Sun- the audience eats potato chips
Posted: 3/26/14 at 2:06am

No but they smell bad in the theater.

Videos