News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for showinoff

showinoff Profile Photo
Member Name: showinoff
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC coming back?  Aug 4 2016, 12:01:10 PM

I would actually love to see a Toni Collette / Annie Golden as Desiree and Madame Armfeldt. I think both have the chops and the depth required for the show. 

The 2016 Tony NOMINATIONS Thread  May 2 2016, 10:28:54 AM

I am actually surprised that so many people are considering Creel, given that he has not been widely recognized for this role. On the other hand, I am happy to see that Nick Barasch on some of these lists.

Miss Saigon Dream Casting  Dec 1 2015, 02:54:22 PM

I can definitely see Jason Forbach in that role, and I love the idea of Betsy Wolfe for Ellen. Or even Heidi Blickenstaff.

The 9 Best Tony Awards Performances  May 29 2015, 03:05:48 PM

Well said, Madbrian! Well said!

An American In Paris Looks Strongest In Tony Race  Apr 15 2015, 12:33:25 PM

Has the Tony committee voted on The Visit yet? Do we know it will be in the new musical category or will it be a revival? I am always at a loss for understanding how this distinction is made.

CAROUSEL at the Lyric Opera in Chicago  Apr 13 2015, 01:52:31 PM

I have no issue with Nettie being played by an Opera singer, but the casting choice in the Lyric production was lacking.  She sang beautifully, but her warble was truly distracting.  Graves' energy was lacking and my least favorite part of the production. That being said, I loved this production. I hope it is preserved in some way. 

Hydzik and Gambatese were wonderful as Enoch and Carrie. The comedy these two were able to pull from the material was delightful an

CAROUSEL at the Lyric Opera in Chicago  Apr 8 2015, 04:31:52 PM

We are seeing this on Saturday evening and are extremely excited! 

Will Swenson starring in Encores' ...SUPERMAN  Mar 13 2013, 12:36:05 PM
I saw Will in Priscilla and did not think he was a great great fit. However, he was no way the weakest link. Did anyone see Nick Adams? Dreadful.
Can We Finally Talk About Who Will Win The Tony For Best Musical?  Mar 13 2013, 12:13:02 PM
My question with the Matilda girls is this. (I am seeing the show this weekend, but, as always, I am curious to see what the board thinks).

The Boys from Billy Elliot were sharing the role due to the physical demand it required, the dancing, movement, etc. Not to mention the emotional depth and acting chops needed. I personally thought they were wonderful, but deserved a special award. Does the role of Matilda offer any of the same challenges?

les mis  Feb 22 2013, 09:37:11 AM
spider- As much as I love him, Arden does not have the vocal chops to do this show 8 times a week. He would be much more suited for Marius.
Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24  Feb 7 2013, 02:55:59 PM
Cats- I feel the same way!

Yes, this casting will do. Thanks Rando!

Encores! It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's Superman  Feb 6 2013, 12:17:41 PM
What about Andy Karl?
Mamma Mia newest cast changes...  Jun 5 2012, 06:17:04 PM
Do not get me wrong. I am happy for them and their ability to pay bills and continue to work, but they seem young.
Mamma Mia newest cast changes...  Jun 5 2012, 06:14:06 PM
Is it me, or do most of the new cast seem extremely young?

WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre  May 10 2012, 09:04:30 AM
@playitagain I heard the same thing.
Bad Audience Behavior: Newsies cast member's family edition  Apr 15 2012, 12:50:41 PM
freakin' Brooklyn, actually.
Bad Audience Behavior: Newsies cast member's family edition  Apr 13 2012, 06:50:11 PM
In the defense of Dr. Mike I was there too and they were terrible. Many people complained myself included and even spoke to the Production Manager who said that there was not much they could do since they were guests of a cast member. There were literally 15 people there to see him. There was Nederlander security, ticket takers, ushers and even merch reps there trying to get them to quiet down.

No changes coming to Superstar  Apr 2 2012, 03:47:41 PM
Not at all. I was under the impression that it was allergies until you mentioned bronchitis. I was meeting in the middle saying that it was an ENT issue.

I think my earlier posts clearly state that I wish the man no harm.

No changes coming to Superstar  Apr 2 2012, 03:34:31 PM
pajoey- I was under the impression that it is bronchitis brought on by allergies. All Ear, Nose and Throat related.

No changes coming to Superstar  Apr 2 2012, 03:06:27 PM
Paljoey I hope you are right. But most of the reviews were about Jeremy.

newintown- Allergies are not his fault, no. I agree about accepting a role you are not suited for. However, he apparently had no issues out of town. That was the basis of my statement.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You