pixeltracker

Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24

Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#2Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 12:16pm

Now that's the kind of manly man I was talking about in the other thread.

Dangerous Jade
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 12:21pm

Oooooh thank ya, Baby Jesus!!! I'm a gonna pass out just thinking about it!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#4Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 12:27pm

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Dangerous Jade
#5Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 12:46pm

Have mercy!

Met him at stage door at Scandalous and despite the cold, he came out without a coat. Darn those investors for closing the show before the summer!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#7Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 1:07pm

Very good eye candy casting. :)

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

rorschach37
#8Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 1:36pm

PLEASE LET THERE BE A RECORDING!!!!! I'm going to miss this one, unfortunately. :/

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#9Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 2:01pm

Why didn't we think of him in the other thread?!? Seriously, after Scandalous, how could we forget? I'm ashamed of myself right now.

showinoff Profile Photo
showinoff
#10Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 2:55pm

Cats- I feel the same way!

Yes, this casting will do. Thanks Rando!

<< Gavin Creel and Kate Baldwin making vocal love... I adore these two.

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#11Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 3:28pm

I completely forgot about him also. I saw his "talents" in "Saving Aimee" in Seattle, and he did the "Titanic" concert here too in what I remember a "wife beater" for most of the show. I was so hung up on the Matt Bomer idea. I think Ed is a good choice. He has a great voice, and a "Super-Man"ly physique. Too bad I won't be able to catch this production, so I too hope that this gets recorded, with a bunch of pictures in the booklet.

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

CATSNYrevival
#12Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 3:36pm

I really hope this gets recorded too, but I feel like our luck has run out with Encores cast recordings. Last season was an overflow of Encores cast recordings and now this season will probably be a dry spell. Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#13Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 3:51pm

Although it would be nice, I can't imagine there's enough of a market for additional recordings of these three shows to meet expenses, let alone show profit (particularly as they're all already really well represented on disc).

Easy for me to say, I know, since I'll see 'em.

nasty_khakis
#14Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 7:12pm

I totally thought of him and thought I brought him up in the other thread, but I guess I didn't!

He certainly warmed me on a cold night seeing "Scandalous."

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#15Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 7:53pm

I recall him coming off a bit fem in Scandalous but maybe that was a character choice?

Jordan Catalano
#16Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 7:54pm

And yet again, someone who runs around yelling at people for being negative writes something negative about someone.

Matt Rogers
#17Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 8:03pm

Fem is negative? Only if you are a homophobe which I assume you are not. I just question whether or not the performance I saw at Scandalous was a character choice or of the Sarah Jessica Parker variety, when one just "acts" their own voice and personality in every single role. I assume he's masculine enough to play Superman, and I wish him well. But if the performance I saw in Scandalous leaks into City Center, it might be somewhat difficult to buy.

Jordan Catalano
#18Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 8:07pm

No, but it's a negative thing to say in the context you said it in. According to you, anyone who posts anything other than something absolutely positive is in the wrong, yet you seem to constantly go against that. Just pointing out a hypocrite when I see one.

Matt Rogers
#19Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 8:15pm

Incorrect. It seems you just like to go looking for fights. I was just stating a legit opinion. The guy is cast to play Superman, after all, one of the most hyper-masculine figures in comic book history.

Jordan Catalano
CATSNYrevival
#21Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 8:19pm

Hyper-masculine? The dude is wearing tights with his underwear on the outside... Superman is practically a drag queen. Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#22Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 8:19pm

I've said horrible things, and Matt still loves me. He's cool, Jordy, I swear! You must have caught him on an off-day. (You have them, too, admit it, and so do I.)

I think you're both great, so please don't fight on BWW.

Unless it's over house seats to see this show. Then all bets are off, and may the best (super) man win!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Jordan Catalano
Matt Rogers
#24Edward Watts Set to Lead Encores! IT'S A BIRD... IT'S A PLANE... IT'S SUPERMAN, 3/20-24
Posted: 2/7/13 at 8:34pm

Thanks, Best, and apologies, Jordan. And now back to our regularly scheduled program.