News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for proportionalquotient

Member Name: proportionalquotient
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Charles Busch on The Tribute Artist and the single life
 Jan 20 2014, 05:23:25 PM
I'm visiting New York in May - do you think The Tribute Artist might stick around till then?
The Life and Death of Marina Abramovic
 Dec 16 2013, 10:42:27 PM
I'm so glad someone posted about this. I saw it in Toronto too & was really frustrated. I tried to learn more about Robert Wilson & I'm still confused. What's the purpose of testing an audience? Is it making a statement about patience? It felt so inaccessible. For people who liked it, what did you get from it?
Intermission during COMPANY screening?
 Jun 15 2011, 11:29:59 PM
I saw it tonight as well (we got an intermission)

I'm so glad they recorded this! I really enjoyed the performance: I had only seen the 2006 recording. It's cool to see how one show & a set of characters can be interpreted & played in different ways.

Things I liked in 2011 show:
- Plimpton & Colberts's karate fights
- Have I Got A Girl? (I thought the 2006 version seemed weirdly sinister)
- Susan & Peter (more than the 2006 version)
- the bed sheet dance!
-

Intermission during COMPANY screening?
 Jun 15 2011, 10:50:48 AM
If anyone has attended a movie screening of a Broadway show: do they break for intermission, or does it all get screened in one sitting?

Also, do audience members applaud & respond as if being at a live performance?

Normal Heart or iHo?
 Apr 13 2011, 06:51:21 PM
I'm impressed with how people have described their experiences with these shows! You know what? Originally, one "slot" for my trip was reserved for GOOD PEOPLE, but I think I'm going to pass on it and see NORMAL HEART & iHO instead. You've got me so excited!
Normal Heart or iHo?
 Apr 13 2011, 05:31:48 PM
Whoa, those were impressive endorsements (especially you, luvtheEmcee - they should use your message in promos!)

Thanks

Normal Heart or iHo?
 Apr 13 2011, 04:08:02 PM
I'm looking for suggestions about wheather to see The Normal Heart or iHo...I only have time to see one of them.

iHo seems to be getting a mixed response. I don't mind the length of it, so long as it's engaging.

Normal Heart is getting flack for not clairifying if it's a staged reading. I suspect it's likely they won't read from a script, yet I wouldn't be upset if they did.

In any case, looking forward to hear your thoughts...

Ticketing/Seating
 Jan 19 2011, 08:42:51 PM
Am I being naive, or is this a valid gripe:

I'm trying to get seats for a few shows in May, and Telecharge keeps dismissing me to the last few rows and sides of the theater. I don't get it...I know some seats get reserved as "premium", but since I'm ordering for May, wouldn't it be likely that there should be some decent center orchestra seats? Even row N onwards?

I wish more theaters used the "Select Your Own Seats" option. And wouldn't it be great if they took pictures of vie

Sondheim Birthday Concert on PBS tonight!
 Nov 24 2010, 07:38:57 PM
Thanks for posting this!
Rock N' Roll - does it require cliff notes?
 Oct 10 2009, 11:19:04 PM
I realize Rock N' Roll is no longer on Broadway, yet there's a production of it in Toronto and I wanted to check with you folks about it. I've read reviews and a synopsis of the show - I'd like to see it, yet it feels a bit daunting. I tried to learn about Czechoslovakia and Prague, but I find it confusing. I'd like to think I'm not entirely dense, however I was wondering if the play can be enjoyed regardless of if the viewer understands the history. Or, would you have recommendations of how to
Norman seating
 Jul 8 2009, 09:01:40 PM
Can someone offer some guidance about seating for the Norman Conquests?

To me, the 200 section (both sides) seems better than the 100s or 400s. Am I correct?

Also, what are the AA - EE seats like? They're close, yet it seems as if you'd miss some of the action from sitting at the "head" of the table...

Lasty, does anyone know in Living Together which side of the 200s the couch is on?

TKTS vs. Broadwaybox
 Jul 8 2009, 08:54:14 PM
(as an aside, I'm really impressed at people's answers when I post questions...they're really helpful and I'm appreciative!)

Does TKTS offer much more of a discount than Broadwaybox? The TKTS site states their tickets are usually 30%-50% off full price...

I'm interested in seeing Table Manners and Broadwaybox has a 40% off code. I'm tempted to just buy them online, rather than show up at TKTS and be dissapointed...

Seeing a final performance
 Jul 6 2009, 02:05:53 AM
I'm curious about people's opinions and experiences of seeing the final performance of a show...

I was thinking of attending the last performance of Blithe Spirit, yet if I go earlier in the week I could probably get better seats.

What do you guys think? Is there something special about seeing a final show? Or is it not much different than regular performance...

Question about Feinstein's at Loews Regency
 Feb 3 2009, 08:53:30 AM
Has anyone been to a show at Feinstein's? I'm interested in getting tickets to see Barbara Cook, but am concerned that the venue may be too elite for me. Is there a dress code? Is it snobby?

Would be grateful to hear what you're experiences have been like...thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You