News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EveHarrington

EveHarrington Profile Photo
Member Name: EveHarrington
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Krakowski's Feinstein's Show to Be Recorded for DRG
 Oct 10 2009, 10:49:12 PM
Saw the 8PM show tonight....wonderful, hilarious, Jane just a charming, beautiful, talented lady. Hope to see her do MUCH more in the future. Can't wait to hear the recording of this!
re: NEXT TO NORMAL Replaces Rush with Lottery
 Oct 7 2009, 08:50:04 PM
Bettyboy, I definitely agree with your assessment. I have to say it always makes me chuckle when these kids whine loudly about not being accepted by their peers or being "nerdy". If they devoted maybe a little time to making friends outside the rush line and toward developing a sense of self and some confidence, maybe they wouldn't feel quite so "unpopular" with people who have interests that may be a little less destructive and crazy.
 Oct 7 2009, 03:57:54 PM
I've been in "rush seats" before, and I can say that it's not just during rush that these kids are dressed that way. This breed is always wearing some kind of show shirt, or worse, shirts that are "home-made" and have quotes or "inside jokes" written all over them, so they can get more attention from their front row seats. Very sad and very disturbing. Time rushing might be better spent learning about the value of the way you present yourself to the world.

Also I concur with the questio

Oct 5 2009, 11:06:52 PM
"but... it's not all kids. Maybe it's often kids, but this isn't an age thing; there are kids who behave with more maturity than some of the adults who engage in this kind of behavior. So, I guess I'm just saying that I don't think it's fair to lay it all on young people. "

That's fair. I've seen 30+ year olds engaging in the same behavior. My statements obviously only apply to those emotionally disturbed people who feel the need to go to the stagedoor every night. If you want to go onc

Oct 5 2009, 09:52:29 PM
Emcee, this is my problem with the obvious attention-seeking behavior most of these young kids display. Ask them and they'll claim that they do it out of love for the show, every single time. If all you want is to experience the show or have an experience you love, why do you need to harass the actors at the stage door and on facebook? That's not relevant to your experience of a show, the characters, the plot, the music, etc. It's completely tangential and is only relevant if you're engaging in
 Oct 5 2009, 06:23:45 PM
Oh sh*t, Jordan. That's awful. To any passing fad indeed.
re: Krakowski's Feinstein's Show to Be Recorded for DRG
 Oct 5 2009, 04:13:35 PM
I could not be more excited about this. I'll be at one of the shows, of course.
 Oct 5 2009, 02:37:52 PM
Thank god. Thank GOD.
re: SHREK THE MUSICAL Adds 'I'm a Believer' to the Broadway Production
 Oct 4 2009, 12:17:36 PM
"I don't know, I would say a lot of the blame lies with the book. Although 'Fire Hot Lady' is vastly to superior to 'Donkey Pot Pie'- AND it would probably have eliminated most, if not all, the issues with that scene."

Donkey Pot Pie is one of the worst songs ever. God, you'd think that would've gotten cut during previews, huh? The book is awful too but the score really stuck out to me as A) Not being written in the correct vein of humor considering the source material and B) Just painf

re: SHREK THE MUSICAL Adds 'I'm a Believer' to the Broadway Production
 Oct 3 2009, 08:16:21 PM
Sorry, gotta say it, this show was doomed from the moment they chose Tesori over O'Keefe & Benjamin to write the score. The sense of humor is just totally wrong for the characters based on how they were written in the movie. Anyone who's heard O'Keefe & Benjamin's Shrek demos can attest to their being superior to Tesori's music for Shrek.
re: Two Drunk Women Kicked Out of 'Rock of Ages'--10/2/09
 Oct 3 2009, 08:12:00 PM
No bias here, only saw ROA once and the crowd was fine (with a few exceptions), but the producers of the show need to make a concrete decision about where the line between "appropriately irreverent" and "distracting and rude" is, and then enforce it strictly. If they want to allow shouting at the performers, singing along, standing up and dancing, drinking etc. etc. then that's their prerogative, but it should be made clear to audiences that these behaviors will be a part of their experience at
re: Wishful Drinking Opening Night - Attire Question
 Oct 3 2009, 12:33:46 AM
"Apparently it does to the theatre, or they wouldn't have sent out the email."

Whenever tickets are available to the public, there are always asshats who show up in t-shirts and jeans. It's to be expected.

Oct 2 2009, 06:31:18 PM
I've seen many men pair converses or brightly colored sneakers with dress pants for opening night parties, it's not even funny.

Anyway, I stand by what I said, unless you're at the party, it really doesn't make a difference.

Oct 2 2009, 04:23:00 PM
Honestly. Unless you're an invited guest and attending the party, no one cares what you wear.
re: Alice Ripley
 Aug 27 2009, 09:01:48 PM
LOL, wow, that video is both creepy and not well done at all. Definitely not the kind of thing I'd advertise publicly, or show to a Tony award winner.

Is it just because of how "eccentric" Ripley is that she attracts these kinds of fans?

re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
 Jul 30 2009, 02:53:23 PM
I truly enjoyed the show when I saw it, especially the performances. I think Marc Kudisch's deliciously evil turn as Mr. Hart gets overlooked because of the three ladies and he is just SO watchable and you really do love to hate him. I saw his understudy the second time I saw the show and it really made me appreciate how much Kudisch brings to the table, there was just no comparison, IMO. As far as the three ladies, I've always thought the illustrious, beautiful, charismatic, stunning Allison Ja
re: If Evita came back to Broadway (which it probably is) who would you cas
 Jul 26 2009, 04:34:00 PM
Orfeh is NOT 42. And she's a ****ing bombshell.

Jul 26 2009, 02:50:36 PM
Brava, ruprecht. Said it all.
 Jul 25 2009, 05:58:58 PM
"Doesn't matter. It's enough that she looks 42."

She's a bombshell, and a dynamic stage presence. And it's called suspension of disbelief.

She'd ****ing own it.

Jul 25 2009, 08:25:30 AM
"Um, Orfeh IS too old. She's 42. She couldn't possibly be convincing in the first act of Evita where Eva goes from 15-26. "

Orfeh is not 42. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. I can tell you with absolute certainty the woman is in her 30s.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You