News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mimi2

Mimi2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Mimi2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anyone seeing Helen Hunt in OUR TOWN tonight?
 Jul 6 2010, 04:10:15 PM
I saw Michael McKean in this a few weeks ago. He was great. I wonder if Helen Hunt is the first female to do this role.

Let us know how she was! And enjoy the show.

La Cage Aux Folles - current Broadway case CD?
 Jul 1 2010, 05:23:37 PM
LOL, ColorTheHours! That was actually a good joke. You never know these days the crazy things people might do with cast albums, so it was very possible in my mind!
La Cage Aux Folles - current Broadway case CD?
 Jul 1 2010, 01:22:18 PM
I hope that's a joke about Hunter Foster. I saw him in The Producers and was underwhelmed. Douglas Hodge, on the other hand, was absolutely terrific in La Cage. He deserved the Tony win, IMO. Why do you think his Tony was "bought?"
La Cage Aux Folles - current Broadway cast CD?
 Jul 1 2010, 10:32:45 AM
Does anybody know if they will be recording a CD for the current Broadway cast of La Cage? I looked on Amazon and it doesn't seem like this exists yet.

How is Cindy Adams feeling?
 Jun 4 2010, 09:10:30 AM
I agree, After Eight. She is a very good writer.

I wouldn't normally comment on someone being out sick but she's been out sick for weeks now, which is very much unlike her.

How is Cindy Adams feeling?
 Jun 4 2010, 08:35:42 AM
I saw her on NBC several weeks ago and noted that she didn't look well at all. Now, the NY Post is writing that she is "unwell" and will return to her column soon. Does anybody know what's wrong with her?
Golden Girls Star Rue McClanahan Dies at 76
 Jun 3 2010, 12:16:06 PM
Shbrt, cute stories. I was one of the only females at the window (although I was not that middle-aged woman!) Umbrellas were stabbing me in the eye, but I didn't care. I got to see my Girls!

I thought that Rue looked very old and frail that day. I was shocked when I first saw how she looked.

Jun 3 2010, 11:55:33 AM
ShbrtAlley, it was amazing, wasn't it? I was actually on my lunch break during work and I didn't care if I got back to work late because I just had to see these three ladies (I hated that job anyway). Were you inside the store or outside with me and hundreds of other screaming fans donning umbrellas and jumping up and down?
 Jun 3 2010, 11:49:06 AM
Very sad. I saw her around 2006 at a Golden Girls DVD signing (along with Bea Arthur and Betty White) at Barnes & Noble in Chelsea. I waited for two hours in the rain just to get a glimpse of her and her castmates through the window (it was too crowded inside) and it was worth every second.
Lend Me a Tenor to close August 15
 May 24 2010, 09:47:08 AM
I enjoyed this play very much. Tony Shalhoub was the best. I also liked Anthony LaPaglia. I really didn't think that Brooke Adams was all that good and she flubbed on her lines twice, which was excruciating for me.
Judy Kaye has changed.
 May 19 2010, 04:15:41 PM
I actually had the pleasure of seeing her in On the Twentieth Century when I was a little girl. She was beautiful.

I also saw Kevin Kline, John Cullum, and Imogene Coca in that musical. Wow, that was fantastic. I just missed Madeline Kahn, though, by one day. Shame.

Afton C. Williamson to Take Over for Washington in RACE June 15
 May 12 2010, 09:50:41 AM
ColorTheHours wrote: ANYONE would be better than the wooden plank parading around that stage billed as Kerry Washington.

Oh my God, I know, right? Kerry Washington was absolutely awful. How did she get that part anyway?

What to see?
 May 12 2010, 09:33:30 AM
You will really enjoy The Fantasticks!!!

Here are my three "must see" shows:

1. Lend Me a Tenor (if anything, at least to see the fantastic Tony Shalhoub)

2. Our Town (but bring tissues with you)

3. Mary Poppins (it's just full of joy)

Rant about the Tony nominations here
 May 4 2010, 09:28:40 AM
What about Tony Shalhoub?
 May 4 2010, 08:59:39 AM
I'm disappointed All About Me wasn't nominated for anything (correct me if I'm wrong). Barry Humphries is a genius and the show was hysterical. No idea what it could have been nominated for (book perhaps? actor?) but I'd hoped Barry would have been recognized somehow.
 May 4 2010, 08:54:15 AM
I'm surprised Norbert wasn't nominated for Enron. I haven't seen the show, but his reviews were all raves.

I'm also surprised James Spader wasn't nominated for Race. Not so much for Kerry Washington, though (ugh). I wonder if Race will continue its run now that it only has that one nomination (for David Alan Grier)...

1 free ticket to THE FANTASTICKS 50th Anniversary 5/3
 May 3 2010, 04:46:46 PM
Yeah I know, right? What happened to the purple avatar that was just there until a few minutes ago? Scary and yet I'm intrigued...

Lynn Redgrave has died
 May 3 2010, 11:38:10 AM
Wasn't she in a show just a month or so ago? I know she was sick but I thought she was better. Poor thing.

Lynn Redgrave has died
 May 3 2010, 11:32:33 AM
According to the AP and msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/).

Rest in peace.

Has anyone won anything from the BWW contests?
 Apr 30 2010, 12:23:06 PM
LOL, Calvin.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You