News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Member Name: Matt Rogers
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 25 2024, 09:49:59 AM

Nicole and Tom are about to appear on Morning Joe on MSNBC in the next segment.

Zachery Levi says Gavin Creel died of COVID vaccine.
 Oct 24 2024, 07:00:49 PM

BorisTomashevsky said: "Why are you all getting mad at Zachary Levi?

Shouldn’t you be getting mad at the - even remote - possibility that the vaccine harmed someone we all loved? And storming the bastille to investigate and get justice if it turned out to be true?Why isn’t there a march on for investigating thisthe way there was a march for getting the lights dimmed? Something wrong with that.

There are plenty of documented cases of vaccine harm by n

Zachery Levi says Gavin Creel died of COVID vaccine.
 Oct 24 2024, 06:17:35 PM

A despicable excuse for a human being.

https://ew.com/norbert-leo-butz-calls-out-zachary-levi-for-politicizing-gavin-creel-death-utterly-heartbroken-8733677

LEFT ON TENTH Reviews
 Oct 24 2024, 05:17:15 PM

Fordham2015 said: "One positive review now, from Rex Reed

https://observer.com/2024/10/left-on-tenth-is-funny-touching-intelligently-written-and-beautifully-acted/
"

If that self loathing queen likes it, it must be rotten.

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 23 2024, 08:43:02 PM

TotallyEffed said: "Because there are countless examples of authors, writers, composers, artists, etc. who approved a production or adaptation of their work that was absolutely horrible. Or mediocre. Or fantastic. Or divisive, like this one. It doesn’t mean people are forbidden from disliking or discussing a production justbecause the writers approved it. Theopinions of the peoplewho see it don’tjust “go out the window.” That makes no sense."

HATERS GONNA
 Oct 23 2024, 08:32:57 PM

Skip23 said: "I REALIZED THAT MAYBE THERE SHOULD JUST BE A PAGE TO SPEW VENOM ABOUT EVERY SHOW!!!!!

ONE, TWO....SPEW!!!

*** PREVIOUS POST ***

Since it seems that the SUNSET BLVD haters are being severely castigatedon the "Official" SB page, can they all just spew their venom on THIS page?

Spew away!

"

Hun. Nice try. The Broadway World Troll Hate Group will co

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 23 2024, 08:13:56 PM

TotallyEffed said: "Matt Rogers said: "My point was that the authors have to approve the production conceptbefore it happens. It’s not like they were not informed of the concept. They were, and they approved it. ALW was at the opening night looking very happy. Ifthe creators of this musical are fine with this concept, then all thegarbage that some on here were posting goes rightfully out the window."

That’s some reallllly creaky logic.<

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 23 2024, 07:59:18 PM

CreatureKitchen said: "Matt Rogers said: "The authors disagree with you. How do you feel about that???"

I understand the tone of some of the 'haters' in this thread has been smug and obnoxious, but I have really tried to be even-keeled in my comments, give Jamie Lloyd credit for the very intentional choices he is making, and explain why some of them don't work for me. There really isn't a need to come at me like 'haha gotcha!!!'

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Oct 23 2024, 07:50:11 PM

HenryTDobson said: "Have there been any early reports? I'm still feeling super hopeful about this, curious to see some reviews. "

There are early reactions from the test screenings all over the internet. Just punch in “Wicked early screening reviews” into google. 

Movie equivalent of Broadwayworld?
 Oct 23 2024, 07:31:55 PM

Hi all. Does anyone have a recommendation of a good chat board like Broadwayworld but for movies? Thanks in advance. 

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 23 2024, 06:33:26 PM

Seb28 said: "binau said: "It’s the minds that are small."

I don't think this is fair. You don't have to accuse people who dislike this production of being small-minded.

There are people who enjoy conceit and there are people who enjoy sincerity.

It can also be argued that taking people deliberately out of the story is bad directing. Laughing at your leads in the most serious scenes and laughing at serious story lines i

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 23 2024, 06:31:04 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "MusicalGuy3 said: "Mandy is giving her own wonderful/dazzling performance. Wow!"

Audios abound, and Mandy sounds good, but her delivery only confirms the bizarre manner with which Lloyd is directing these ladies. I land on the side of this hurting, undermining, the show as a whole, even if its entertaining as a concert, but to each their own.

Its funny how people insist something is great and "works" and "

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 23 2024, 06:24:06 PM

CreatureKitchen said: "I think, ultimately, this is a matter of priorities, and what people want the show to prioritize.

Betty being more opportunistic reinforces the bleakness of Hollywood and adds some interest to her character as an individual. But, as I said, it doesn't really gel with her actions in the libretto and her relationship with Joe loses any impact. It also lowers the stakes of the ending and you don't get that glimmer of hope before everything comes

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 23 2024, 06:20:51 PM

greensgreens said: "Seb28 said: "greensgreens said: "Seb28 said: "greensgreens said: "Are Joe and Betty actually in love in this version? ."

Yes, all the lyrics are about that.

The "direction" is justsidelining the lyrics. And the characters.

"
You must be right. People have never used love/relationships to get ahead in their career. Or thought they were in love after a one night s

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 22 2024, 09:44:12 PM

MusicalGuy3 said: "Mandy is giving her own wonderful/dazzling performance. Wow!"

You can say that again. She was absolutely spectacular. 

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 22 2024, 08:41:36 PM

Seb28 said: "Matt Rogers said: "I’ve stated my view on the matter. Don’t tell me what I “secretly know”. That is the height of arrogance."

Please explain how a cardboard cut-out of Andrew Lloyd Webber during a song "elevates" the material. Or keeps people involved in the story in general.

"

Figure it out. 

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 22 2024, 08:39:02 PM

Seb28 said: "Matt Rogers said: "So many idiots here right now, bitching at ushers because they were too stupid to read the disclaimer when they were buying tickets that Mandy Gonzales was playing Norma tonight."

I used to call these people idiots too. Why on earth do they visit a show they have no interest in?

But when a production shows contempt for its own story, asking audiences to not take it seriously and turning it into a celebrity conce

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 22 2024, 07:03:31 PM

Seb28 said: "CreatureKitchen said: "My point about whether the concept distracts from the material or elevates it is a matter of opinion. I think, for instance, a cardboard cutout of ALW and a person in a monkey suit distract from the lyrics being sung, rather than elevating them."

Secretly we all know exactly (including Matt) that those examples only distract. It's about the reaction on that distraction. There's people who don&#

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 22 2024, 06:42:40 PM

So many idiots here right now, bitching at ushers because they were too stupid to read the disclaimer when they were buying tickets that Mandy Gonzales was playing Norma tonight. 

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 22 2024, 06:34:30 PM

Seb28 said: "Matt Rogers said: "Because many do not believe this is “trashing the material “. "

I don't think we need to go over this concept again. By now we all know what the concept is.

There are facts happening, likepeople laughingat serious moments (like the Betty scenes) and the shtick during the title song, and the breaking of the 4th wall, and the trashing of the lyrics and story, and the Tik-Tok jokes, and the cardboar

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You