News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Member Name: Matt Rogers
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
 Jun 20 2024, 06:05:53 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I don’t care about the children. I care about me and the children runninginto me on the street and the parents sitting down on there sidewalk. Not to mention all the trash everywhere. It’s even weirder by the Roosevelt hotel. It’s less chaotic but weirder because it’s right in the middle of people going to work in the corporate buildings. But that one is reportedly closing by years end. I guess the row will still be running into 2025 appa

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jun 20 2024, 05:53:13 PM

Can someone give some restaurant recommendations in the area (table service, not fast food). Thanks in advance. 

Jun 20 2024, 05:49:13 PM

Huss417 said: "Kad said: "I’m always baffled by the members here who go months or years without posting and almost never have contributed to any discussion of theatre or Broadway, but come out of the woodwork when there’s a political topic. And, coincidentally, they’re always the conservatives."

I was looking at past posts by some of these folks and one of them only makes comments if it is in some form political. Not one post really dis

Jun 20 2024, 05:28:15 PM

WhoCouldBeBlue said: "Jordan Catalano said: "BroadwayPatriot said: "There are Trump supporters everywhere most of them are normal”

No, they’re not.

“It’s the Trump cultist with the MAGA stuff that are bizarre”

No, they all are because they value a fake billionaire/failed reality tv game show host/convicted felon/rapist over the lives and safety of people around them

“my

Jun 20 2024, 06:45:05 AM

BorisTomashevsky said: "Biden can’t string a sentence together. But being a nice guy is apparently enough these days.

And that’s what’s got us into this mess. Kamikaze empathy.
"

Oh look. More lies! 

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 19 2024, 08:48:30 PM

Huss417 said: "For some reason I guess the Mods seem to not have any issue with this persons posts."

It is very bizarre what they choose to delete and let live. 

Jun 19 2024, 07:45:11 PM

Consistency said: "LOL. Rightists need to update their talking points more often. “So much for the tolerant left!!” and “liberals are the real racists!!” are soooo 2014 - and they haven’t grown less dumb with time."

They do exactly the same thing that their orange cult leader does. Anything they are, or do, they try to flip it. It doesn’t work. 

Jun 19 2024, 07:32:08 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Kids having less sex makes springawakening even lessrelevant to peoples lives."

Hun, I don’t know what the hell your point is, but do you realize that you just contradicted your original post? Not sure what is going on here but I’m going to guess either cocktails or complete insanity. 

Jun 19 2024, 07:13:24 PM

Broadway Flash said: "All suburbs are liberal is what I was saying. Go out to West Virginia, even the right wingers are letting kids have sex maybe even more so"

How do you know all this, or are you just legitimately insane? 

Jun 19 2024, 07:11:22 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I saw this musical recently at the fifth avenue theatre in Seattle. I happen to love the score and the story, but I’m sad to say, this musical doesn’t hit anymore. It’s outdated and irrelevant now that we’re living in a world with parents letting the kids have sex in the house. A musical and play that was once daring and shocking is now cooked because society has progressed this show out of relevance. Sad and good"

What a

Jun 19 2024, 06:05:12 PM

BorisTomashevsky said: "My point exactly. They’d be jumped on for being presumed to be racists and bigots, when they’re actually not, and all they want is a safe space to live and criminals to be held accountable rather than victims to be brushed aside. But even admitting that much is likely to get them screamed in the face by the tolerant left.

The irony is there’s been more racism from the left lately than there has been from anyone on the right. Latin

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jun 19 2024, 05:59:39 PM

Top ticket price: $309.00. Amazing. 

Jun 18 2024, 06:54:55 PM

BorisTomashevsky said: "Why so surprised? There are more right-wing people in this townthan anyone realizes.Probably people you know, but they won’t admit it out loud, as the reaction they’d get wouldn’t be the tolerant and loving type that liberalsprofess to embody.

As for right-wing people enjoying theatre, who do you think keeps national tours thriving in red states?
"

Yes, they are flocking to Beetlejuice for hand jobs. 

&n

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
 Jun 18 2024, 05:57:12 PM

WldKingdomHM said: "The problem with Tommy is the audience house left and rightcan’t see half of the stage."

That was my experience during previews. Buying a full price seat not marked “partial view” and finding out it was totally partial view was all sorts of fun. 

Jun 18 2024, 05:47:11 PM

kdogg36 said: "I don't know if I'm completely oblivious, or if I'm just inured to lots of stuff by virtue of spending my formative NYC years in the Bronx circa 1990, but I don't feel like anything's out of the ordinary as I walk down 8th Avenue. Maybe it was cleaner and calmer for a few years earlier this century, but it really just seems like the expected New York chaos and cacophony to me, and I barely notice it."

You’re not completely obl

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 06:37:59 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "Broadway Flash said: "I just feel like the Tonys is so PG13. Everything they do is like “this is for you, the theatre kid watching at home.” Like, can we please do a telecast for adults? And make it actually funny and relevant? The best opening number ever was NPH, not just for gays anymore. Very broadway and actually funny with good choreo and grown up. Its better when they actually go there. I also enjoyed Kristin Chenoweth and Alan Cummings

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 6 2024, 08:52:08 PM

There is not going to be much of a set for this, and anyone waiting for it to “tip” is going to highly disappointed. 

Jun 6 2024, 05:58:27 PM

BroadwayPatriot said: 

“For political reasons they are loyal Democrats first over everything else - look if you think Biden is a good president lol , literally the man can barely speak and we are on the verge of a nuclear war in Europe, 70% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck , record low personal savings and record high debt, if you think that’s acceptable, go for it ! I’m not a zealot like Democrats and Trumpers, so do whatever you want , but RFK Jr regardless of what people say is obviously the only person running who still has a functioning mind , Trump is an idiotic narcissist, Biden is like an empty husk blowing in a corn field - unlike you guys ,I won’t judge you, or insult you , go ahead vote for the husk , just as I told my mama lol , go ahead vote for the Orange narcissist, my conscience is clear - I want to unify and heal America, Bobby is a good man who can do it I won’t be responsible for the end of America which we are risking by re-electing one of these 2 losers"

You might want to read this article:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/robert-f-kennedy-jr-2024-presidential-campaign-democratic-primary.html

Jun 6 2024, 07:04:13 AM

BroadwayPatriot said: "TheatreFan4 said: "BroadwayPatriot said: "Matt Rogers said: "Phantom4ever said: "stagepotato said: "8th Ave between Moynihan and the 40s has gotten considerably worse. It was bad before, but now it’s littered with homeless and drug addicts. Don’t come at me and say this isn’t true because I travel this street multiple times a month and see it every time. I agree the city needs to get rid of Adamsbut

Jun 5 2024, 05:33:53 PM

Phantom4ever said: "Yes I am as shocked as you guys are that they want to come to New York despite all of this negative news coverage they consume.

Perhaps I mis-spoke. They're not going to lose their minds at the sight of a homeless person but they will if they have to see a homeless guy pleasuring himself or a homeless guy spitting in their 9 year old daughter's face. Stuff like that is what they don't want to see and WHAT I WAS TRYING TO ASK before people to

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You