Skip to main content
Shop Merch Add a Show Listing
My Shows
News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.

#1

JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Tony nominee Nicholas Christopher will make his return to Broadway as Bobby Darin in JUST IN TIME beginning Tuesday, November 10, 2026, at Circle in the Square Theatre.

Two-time Tony Award nominee Jeremy Jordan will play his final performance as Bobby Darin and Carrie St. Louis will play her final performance as Sandra Dee on Sunday, October 18. As previously announced, Jordan is succeeded by Matthew Morrison, set for a limited 3-week return engagement as Bobby Darin, through Sunday, November 8.

#3

JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

OhHiii said: "Very talented and inspired casting. He will sell 5 tickets. So. I’d put my money on a January closing."

The show seems to be doing just fine and has long since recouped. People aren’t necessarily going for the main “star” casting anymore since they seem to have expanded their stunt casting net to the ladies of the show.

I’ll be honest - this show bored the living bejeezus out of me the first time I saw it, but Nick is such a freakishly versatile generational talent that I’m pretty sure he’s going to absolutely devour this and I will drag myself back to see that he does.


Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
#4

JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

OhHiii said: "Very talented and inspired casting. He will sell 5 tickets. So. I’d put my money on a January closing."

While we’re at it, I think Rosie O’Donnell would be a perfect Bobby Darin. Gender-switching roles keeps things fresh and new again.

JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Updated On: 10/7/26 at 09:49 AM

#5

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

I'm ready for Mr. Christopher's Coalhouse Walker Jr. in a production of RAGTIME that's not the Lincoln Center DeBesonnet slop version.

He's going to be great in Just In Time. I'll go the week after Madix leaves Nov. 22. The show is currently onsale through February 7. It won't surprise me at all if Groff and/or Jordan return for the spring.
#6

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Good for him for always working, but this is a choice. I'd prefer to see him as Billy in Chicago at this point if he just wants to keep working.
A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
#7

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

ACL2006 said: "Good for him for always working, but this is a choice. I'd prefer to see him as Billy in Chicago at this point if he just wants to keep working."

That would be cool. He’s also told me that he has a real soft spot for LITTLE SHOP and is game to go back again if they ever ask him.


Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
#8

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

I think this is Bizarre Casting.

Nothing against Nicholas Cristopher.. he is immensly talented but I don't think he is right for the role. And I agree with the poster who said he will sell 5 tickets.

So many perfect Bobby Darrins out there and this is what they come up with?

I love Just In Time . I've sent many friends and relatives to Just in Time.. That recommendation stops.

Was enthralled both times with both Jonothan Groff and Jeremy Jordon. I thougnt I would buy a tickets for each and every Bobby Darren because I am/ was so on love with this show....but this puts a WHAT in my mind. I'm not buying a ticket for this.

Not the best producing or casting move for a show that is so entertaining.

And yes. Rosie O Donnel would be a better choice.

I think the producers are shooting Just in Time in the foot with this choice.

We shall see. Time will tell

signed,

The Broadway Psychic





Updated On: 10/7/26 at 10:24 AM

#9

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

That is a dramatic over-reaction to the casting of an extremely talented, broadly acclaimed rising Broadway star.


"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
#10

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

What's a person gotta do to get Nick Jonas back on Broadway in a role he's actually well-suited for?
"See a picture of a woman wearing four years of confusion like a scar."
#11

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

A very talented man but this to me is like Justin Timberlake playing MJ in MJ.. the musical. Bobby was an Italian kid from NYC who fought his way to fame , and this was a huge part of his being. Makes no sense at all. to be honest
#12

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Own Little Corner said: "What's a person gotta do to get Nick Jonas back on Broadway in a role he's actually well-suited for?"

Get the Jersey Boys pro shot out of the vault

#13

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

BrodyFosse123 said: "OhHiii said: "Very talented and inspired casting. He will sell 5 tickets. So. I’d put my money on a January closing."

While we’re at it, I think Rosie O’Donnellwould be a perfect Bobby Darin. Gender-switching roles keeps things fresh and new again.

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher
"

Hey, have you considered not feeding every thought you have into an AI generator?

#14

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

OhHiii said: "Very talented and inspired casting. He will sell 5 tickets. So. I’d put my money on a January closing."
I believe I bought #6, so it may have more staying power than your immediate assessment.

#15

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

goldenboy said: "I think this is Bizarre Casting.

Nothing against Nicholas Cristopher.. he is immensly talented but I don't think he is right for the role. And I agree with the poster who said he will sell 5 tickets.

So many perfect Bobby Darrins out there and this is what they come up with?

I love Just In Time . I've sent many friends and relativesto Just in Time.. That recommendation stops.

Was enthralledboth times with both Jonothan Groff and Jeremy Jordon. I thougnt I would buy a tickets for each and every Bobby Darren because I am/ was so on love with this show....but this puts a WHAT in my mind. I'm not buying a ticket for this.

Not the best producing or casting move for a show that is so entertaining.

And yes. Rosie O Donnel would be a better choice.

I think the producers are shooting Just in Time in the foot with this choice.

We shall see. Time will tell

signed,

The Broadway Psychic





In no way would Rosie be better than an extremely charismatic man with a gorgeous voice. Groff is nothing like Bobby D and that turned out to be inspired casting. This show has a framing device that allows anyone to play Bobby. I honestly wouldn't mind a female in the part but not Rosie.

Updated On: 10/7/26 at 10:53 AM

#16

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Kad said: "That is a dramatic over-reaction to the casting of an extremely talented, broadly acclaimed rising Broadway star."

That may be but even I have no idea who he is AND I see shows on Broadway regularly. The average tourist will have zero idea who he is and they’re the ones keeping this show going.

#18

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

bryan2 said: " Bobby was an Italian kid from NYC who fought his way to fame , and this was a huge part of his being. Makes no sense at all. to be honest"

As far as I'm aware, Jonathan Groff, Matthew Morrison, and Jeremy Jordan are all non-Italians who don't come from NYC. What exactly are you saying?

#20

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Wait, were the Leslie Odom Jr. rumors not true or is he coming in at a different time?


My father (AIDS) My sister (AIDS) My uncle and my cousin and her best friend (AIDS, AIDS, AIDS) The gays and the straights And the white and the spades
#21

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

People are really getting hung up on the racial aspect of the casting, somehow oblivious to the fact that he just got done playing a Russian chess player at the height of the Cold War that netted his first Tony nomination.

He also has a roster including Seymour, Jelly Roll Morton, Aaron Burr, George Washington, Sweeney Todd, Adolfo Pirelli, and a menagerie of Motown singers.

Maybe let’s not write off the performer with this freakish level of versatility - more than can be said for some of the other Bobby Darins.


Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
#22

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

This is also not a straightforward bio-musical that requires verisimilitude. It has a meta-theatrical framing device centered on the actor playing Darin.


"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
#23

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

quizking101 said: "People are really getting hung up on the racial aspect of the casting, somehow oblivious to the fact that he just got done playing a Russian chess player at the height of the Cold War that netted his first Tony nomination.

He also has a roster including Seymour, Jelly Roll Morton, Aaron Burr, George Washington, Sweeney Todd, Adolfo Pirelli, and a menagerie of Motown singers.

Maybe let’s not write off the performer with this freakish level of versatility - more than can be said for some of the other Bobby Darins.
"

A Russian chess player is not the same as a famous white musical star whose life story is being told. Would you cast somebody white to play Michael Jackson in MJ? Color blind casting works in many roles but playing somebody famous in their life story may not be the best idea. no matter how talented they are. I agree with other posters, this show will close by January.

#24

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

Now I can't wait to see Jesse Tyler Ferguson in I'VE GOTTA BE ME: THE SAMMY DAVIS JR. STORY

I'm sure no one would have a problem with that casting?

#25

Re: JUST IN TIME 5.0 - Nicholas Christopher

I still think the producers are shooting the show in the foot with this casting.

Time will tell.

The good news? Audra McDonald will take over the role when Nicholas Christopher leaves because Audra Can do anything.

Updated On: 10/7/26 at 12:02 PM

Latest Posts

BroadwayWorld TV


Ticket Central
Hot Show
Tickets From $58
Hot Show
Tickets From $80
Hot Show
Tickets From $67
Hot Show
Tickets From $59