News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hicaesar

Member Name: hicaesar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES Previews
 Jan 20 2024, 11:07:37 PM

I attended Tuesday night's performance - I bought tickets for Brian and Kelly and they did not disappoint - simply incredible singers and actors - the best of the best. I also thought the Lighting Design was particularly lovely especially with the water reflections.  The set worked well for the show.  

The story is both drawn out and rushed at the same time and I definitely don't understand the choice to not have any other characters involved with this show. What

INTO THE WOODS Reviews
 Dec 25 2022, 12:22:15 PM

I saw the show last week and thought it was fantastic.  Bought 2nd row center seat online the day of for $210 with tax and fees - was worth every penny. I thought the cast was pretty close to perfect with  Delphi Borich on as the US for Little Red and Paul Krepel as the US for Narrator. 

Brian, Stephanie, and Joaquina were all 3 simply unbelievably perfect. 

I don't research shows much before I buy tickets cause I don't like spoilers so I was a bit su

Best virtual theatre you've seen this year?
 Mar 17 2021, 11:32:26 PM

I loved Rattatouile the musical and I've also really enjoyed Andrew Barth Feldman's "Broadway Who Dunnit" murder mysteries. The ones with Rob Mcclure were insanely good and the latest one with Michael Parks deserves to be made into a movie. (It would be an improv "Best of Show" type of movie but a movie none the less!). 

Beautiful Danny Burstein Essay
 Jan 11 2021, 10:49:09 PM

I've only met Danny and Rebecca at stage doors over the years but just in those quick moments, I could tell there was something truly special about both of them.  

Obviously, I'm crying, it doesn't seem fair. I know that life isn't fair but this seems particularly unfair. 

Post covid, likelihood of needing a college degree for theatre?
 Jan 11 2021, 10:45:37 PM

Can only speak from my own experience but I dropped out of high school and have made a great career out of Lighting Design.. well until Covid but what else is new. 

I've done some work as a promoter and producer as well.

It's really all about who you know. 

Started in 2005. 

How a Spider-Man musical became a theatrical disaster
 Dec 4 2020, 10:59:05 PM

I don't think it was particularly worse than Moulin Rouge. Really fancy sets. Good cast. Should be a good plot. But feels like an empty, hollow, theme park show without the heart and soul of a typical Broadway musical.

I remember it being fine. Moulin Rouge was fine too but I paid $200 for it, which is way too much for a "fine" show. ha. 

I regret not seeing...
 Oct 24 2020, 10:24:56 PM

Little Shop of Horrors with Jonathan Groff.  I went to see Moulin Rouge on that trip... definitely would have picked Little Shop. 

I also wish I could have seen  If / Then and Finding Neverland. I never made it up to NYC when those shows were running. 

Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening
 Oct 22 2020, 03:48:02 PM

Piff the Magic Dragon will be opening as well. I saw his matinee show on my last trip to Vegas and was very funny. A smaller show of course but he has a hilarious showgirl that has worked with him for a few years and they have a very fun on-stage personality. 

David Copperfield's show will be interesting to see when it reopens, his show usually has SO much audience involvement he may be putting in some different routines. It may be a unique opportunity to see some of his older

Your Experiences with Rush Tickets?
 Sep 28 2020, 10:37:00 PM

On my last trip to broadway, which was October of 2019 I had the following experiences - 

Hamilton - went to box office the day I arrived and asked about 1 ticket for that night (Tuesday) or either show on Wednesday. There was nobody in the cancellation line, and he offered me a center orchestra ticket for regular price. $220? or $250?  I was very happy tp pay it. 

Alladin - Checked the box office about an hour before show, asked about limited view and was offered

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw
 Apr 8 2020, 01:46:03 AM

I'm torn between Spiderman and Moulin Rouge. Spiderman was really bad... but at least had the special effects and an original score.  Moulin Rouge.... I loved the cast but I just couldn't stand all the modern pop songs randomly shoe-horned into the show.

But that's me... I LOVED Mary Poppins and saw it many times on Broadway and on tour. I'm wondering which cast people saw that rank it up with the worst... I can't imagine anyone NOT enjoying a performance by Ga

Coronavirus affecting stagedoors?
 Mar 7 2020, 10:55:19 PM

I've been to a decent number of stage doors and I don't think I've ever shaken anyone's hand or otherwise touched them. Just a quick greeting and an autograph. It seems like most cast members just sign playbills pretty quick, I'm not sure what the concern would be.

If an individual Cast member chooses not to go to the stage door, that's perfectly fine. But to to make a rule banning it seems a bit extreme... just remind cast to wash their hands afterwards. <

Frozen Broadway Updated
 Feb 19 2020, 11:04:05 PM

"I did however question the turntable, unless I remembered wrong, I can only recall it being used twice the whole night, once in Monster and again in the finale where the 2 get raised up slightly. Seems like a waste of turntable to me."

I've yet to see Frozen on Broadway, but the "Broadway style musical" playing at Disney's California Adventure uses the turntable several times in some clever way. 

Ideas for in-between shows?
 Feb 18 2020, 10:11:24 PM

New York Public Library is free.  You can just wander and enjoy the rooms, architecture and exhibits but you can also do some research in whatever subject you are interested in.  On my last trip I spent a few hours looking at vintage travel advertisements in one of the research rooms. Of course if the weather is nice, I love relaxing in Bryant Park as well. 

Jordan Fisher—DEH
 Jan 29 2020, 11:56:38 AM

Thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed the show, and that you enjoyed Jordan's performance. 

How was Connor Murphy? Alex just left the cast too and I thought he was excellent as Connor. It's a shame you didn't see Andrew's performance... it was truly something special imho. I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting back up to NYC to see it again! 

Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
 Jan 9 2020, 02:16:53 PM

South Florida said: "I saw what this show did to Alice Ripley, by tour time she was burnt and probably shouldn't have done it. Rachel beat my girl for DEH, I want SJB to play this role if it becomes a revival. I can die happy after that."

I saw Alice in N2N three time. She seemed a bit burnt out the second time I saw the show on Broadway. She was absolutely at 100% when I saw the tour in Charlotte. 

It's funny... I was telling someone about Dear E

$42 tickets to Dear Evan Hansen?
 Jan 3 2020, 05:10:28 PM

I got an excellent orchestra ticket at TCKTS for Dear Evan... I think it was $90 but it was a premium seat.. would have been over $200 at the box office.

If you can, see it with Andrew and Alex in the cast.. they are both amazing in their roles.  You have a few weeks left 

Austin Durant will take over Ziegler in MOULIN ROUGE for six weeks; Burstein on Medical Leave
 Dec 12 2019, 02:36:07 PM

ACL2006 said: "Hasn't Burstein been missing a good amount of shows before his injury?"

He wasn't in the night I saw the show in October. I tried to get my money back because of it... I paid full price for an orchestra seat and I chose that show because of the cast.  The manager I talked to was very nice but would only offer to scan me out and let me try to reschedule, which didn't really make sense since I don't live in the area.   

Jordan Fisher—DEH
 Dec 3 2019, 02:57:07 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "An odd choice is just that - an odd choice. It’s not stunt casting."

I agree. I don't consider it stunt casting either... but I was saying I can see why some people would go there because it seems like such an odd choice.

Jordan Fisher—DEH
 Dec 3 2019, 01:04:54 PM

I think people are saying it's stunt casting because it seems like an odd choice other than he is somewhat known and has a slight following. I'm surprised Andrew isn't extending... I'm hoping to see him in the show once more before he departs, and hopefully I'll be seeing him in many future productions.

Problems with the ending of Moulin Rouge
 Dec 2 2019, 12:25:42 PM

Wee Thomas2 said: "Interesting analysis.

I was just happy it was over, that was my favorite part of the show!
"

Me too. It felt like a theme park or cruise ship show.... with an amazing and talented cast. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You