News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mojojo5

Mojojo5 Profile Photo
Member Name: Mojojo5
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LIPS TOGETHER, TEETH APART $10 tickets on sale now!
 Feb 23 2010, 11:47:43 AM
I'm having a little trouble with the Roundabout website. I type in the promo code and they say "thank you for using the discount code" but when I try to buy tickets, they are at full price, not $10. Oy, what am I doing wrong?

Z.

re: Cast Albums that will never be......
 Nov 12 2008, 01:58:41 PM
Throwing my wishes into the fountain...

Sherry (I know there is the studio cast but I would love to hear the divine Dolores Gray tear into the title song)

that Jay studio recording of Anyone Can Whistle that has been sitting in the vault since the mid90s

West End Guys and Dolls starring Jane Krakowski and Jenna Russell

Like others have said, I wish there were full recordings of the original prodcutions of Dreamgirls, Follies, The Wiz and I'll add A Chorus Line

re: MTV Video- Has Broadway Music caught up to your iPod?
 May 21 2008, 10:52:08 PM
If Ethel were alive today, she probably would already have done covers of "Seasons of Love", "Defying Gravity", "Every Story Is a Love Story", and "Find Your Grail." La Merm was always one to try to keep up with the kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI1Q-sG7qBU

Z.

re: What was the problem with Peters as Momma Rose?
 Mar 11 2008, 11:25:23 AM
I was not the biggest fan of Bernadette's Rose (as others have said, she was sick most of the run and the score did not sit naturally in her voice) but I will say she was the first Rose who made me believe she was so desperate to be a star that she would push Louise into burlesque. She nor the audience could believe that she had just said "My daughter can do it." The moment LuPone's Rose enters the strip joint you know what is going to eventually happen. Peters played her as a woman who would ne
re: Never Gonna Dance - what happened?
 Feb 20 2008, 12:29:55 PM
That Grand Central sequence was pretty great. What Kern song was it to? All I can hear in my head is "I Can't Be Bothered Now" but I know that clearly can't be it (being a Gershwin song and all) and I think Racey sang "Never Gonna Dance" to Lemengar. Oy, the singing. You know you are in trouble when Karen Ziemba is the best singer featured (not to knock her but she ain't what I would call great shakes in the voice department). In fact, I remember wondering why they didn't just bump her up to the
re: Judy Garland was going to be Mame?
 Feb 13 2008, 01:30:16 PM
Oh, I think Judy could have created a believable character out of Mame. Probably would have played her as a riff on Kay Thompson (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and good God to hear her sing "It's Today!" just once would have been thrilling.

Z.

re: If you had to pick a band/artist for a jukebox musical...
 Feb 12 2008, 05:01:12 PM
I know there have been a few readings with her music but I'd like someone to do a Laura Nyro jukebox musical. Or just get me a big chorus singing "Time and Love" with some tamborines and I'll be fine.

Z.

re: Songs About Fashion?
 Nov 16 2007, 03:22:43 PM
"Think Pink!" and "On How To Be Lovely" both from the film Funny Face have to do with fashion.

Z.

re: 9 to 5 UPDATE
 Nov 16 2007, 11:53:00 AM
Yeah, Kudisch is Mr. Hart, the Dabney Coleman role. I know that Kathy Fitzgerald (from The Producers) is confirmed as Margaret (aka "Atta, girl"). Does anyone know who is playing Roz? I'm assuming Bebe Neuwirth would not sign on to play what is probably a supporting role. Also, any idea who Andy Karl played in the last workshop? And wasn't Norm Lewis involved with this at some point too? At any rate, I'm ready for this show to get up and running and here on Broadway!

Z.

re: Choreography that left you speechless.
 Nov 14 2007, 12:28:53 PM
- So many things in A Chorus Line (when the cast turns and moves back at the beginning of "At the Ballet", the entire "Hello 12, Hello 13" sequence, Donna doing "Music and the Mirror", "One" in all it's cheezy, Vegas spectacle glory, etc, etc, and so forth)

- the tamborine dance during "Be Italian" in Nine (original)

- "Me and My Baby" from the Chicago revival

- "Hot Honey Rag"... with or without cartwheel

- "Welcome to 60s" (when those Dynamites walk out of t

re: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof Prowls at the Broadhurst
 Nov 9 2007, 01:26:07 PM
I thought there were rumors that Anika Noni Rose was in the running to play Maggie. Granted she may not be as big a name as Beyonce or Audra but I think she would pretty damn great. It also seems a given that Phylicia Rashad will play Big Mama. Could Daniel Sunjata be a convincing Brick? He is a very pretty face but seems a bit one-note in his acting... is there any way to add a nude scene for Brick? Didn't Charles S. Dutton turn his back on Broadway after the revival of Ma Rainey's Black Bottem
re: 'WICKED Day' Costume Contest Photo
 Oct 29 2007, 08:49:40 AM
Actually, he did win... or his son "Mini Edward Scissorhands" did. Ahh, the perks of living right above the Wicked Day proceedings.

Z.

re: New Little Mermaid Photos
 Oct 24 2007, 04:57:34 PM
Is the Ariel taking a bath scene from her time on land? Could the ladies with the sponge costumes be... sponges (under the sea of course)? I'm just askin'.

Z.

re: Nine Casting
 Aug 25 2007, 12:04:45 AM
Ya know... Liza wouldn't be half bad as LeFleur. She would have the camp value that I think Lilliane needs to have (perhaps not as over-the-top as Minnelli but a certain flair) and I think could pull of the accent. Her voice may be way too past it's prime but "Folies Bergeres" ain't the toughest song in the world and she really is a pretty damn good actress and interpeter of song. I don't think she would ever be cast but it could work. Anyone else think she would have made a good Louisa in the 8
 Aug 23 2007, 01:11:07 PM
Maybe it's just me trying to justify a grown woman basically molesting a child but I've always pictured Saraghina as early 30s... old enough to teach youths the wicked/fabulous ways of the world but young enough where it doesn't seem too creepy. I will admit, Patti's "Be Italian" would be great though. Can we just hope Rob Marshall puts the tamborines back into the tarantella?

Demi would be a hoot as Stephanie. There are so many great small roles for women, I hope Marshall is able to g

Aug 23 2007, 12:23:53 PM
I think Patti LuPone would be far too intense as Saraghina. She would probably have been a great Louisa in the 90s or a hilariously over-the-top Mama Maddelena (are we to assume "Germans at the Spa" shall be cut from the movie) but I would be frightened for little Guido to lose his virginity to Patti Lu. Sara Ramirez would be my ideal choice but I'm sure the Grey's Anatomy juggernaut would not let her out for that long. As long as Queen Latifah isn't cast as Saraghina I'll be fine with whomever.
re: Who would you have cast as Edna in HAIRSPRAY?
 Jul 24 2007, 07:55:12 PM
Lord, I was one of Travolta's biggest detractors after being cast... he just seemed so wrong for the part on so many levels. However, after seeing the movie I gotta say I really did enjoy his take on Edna - latex face, phony Carol Channing "Baltimore" accent, and all. Obviously, his name sold the picture and possibly the picture never would have gotten made (at least not this decade). And he wasn't bad. I especially enjoyed how Edna's dancing was beefed up for the disco icon. Sure I would have l
re: Guys and Dolls Revival casting
 Jul 24 2007, 07:19:25 PM
I really hope they were courting McCormick for Nathan and not Sky. He just plays everything with a certain layer of smarm (yes, and I'm going off more than Will and Grace)... Sky is cool and slick but not smarmy. Messing would be a fabulous Adelaide but she seems to be trying to have a thriving television career. She's probabaly looking for a bigger role than Sarah Brown but I wonder if Anika Noni Rose is a possible cotender for it.

Z.

re: HAIRSPRAY Questions answered here! (inevitable Spoilers)
 Jul 23 2007, 01:13:58 PM
I've never seen Link as nerdy, just square... which I feel is a bit of a difference.

Z.

re: HAIRSPRAY Questions answered here! (inevitable Spoilers)
 Jul 22 2007, 12:59:43 PM
I seem to be joining this program already in progress...

Anyways, I've been a hair-hopper since the original film came out - loved it, loved the Broadway show, and now loved the movie musical! My question is regarding the score. Mentioned here and in other articles you've said that "Without Love" is based on the duets of Tammi Terrell and Marvin Gaye and "You Can't Stop the Beat" is an homage to Phil Spector and Tina Turner's collaboration on "River Deep, Mountain High"... are other son

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You