News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for newsieboy23

newsieboy23 Profile Photo
Member Name: newsieboy23
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.myspace.com/kylecgreene
Blog Address:
Profile: Isn't my puppy cute?

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Somebody Please Give Farah Alvin a Broadway Show of Her Own!  Jul 7 2009, 05:13:00 PM
I dont think she was in 10 Commandments...

Which song on the Reefer Madness CD does she sing?

re: Somebody Please Give Farah Alvin a Broadway Show of Her Own!  Jul 6 2009, 09:56:56 PM
Agreed. I didn't see the concert tonight, but she's always great. She's played Mother in Ragtime somewhere, correct?

I bought her CD at a show a few years ago. She writes music as well as she sings it.

re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread  Jul 5 2009, 06:23:15 PM
Not only does that Urinetown video not belong here, as it is not "bad" (I think it's clever!), but it is obviously not a highschool production...
re: Songs involving 'SEASONS'  May 16 2009, 04:17:44 PM
Girl For All Seasons- Grease 2, movie musical
Summertime- Porgy and Bess

re: Music Choice  Apr 17 2009, 12:14:36 PM
I e-mailed them this morning. What a bummer!
re: Bye Bye Birdie: Two Spanish Roses  Apr 9 2009, 09:52:20 AM
Was I the only one totally underwhelmed by Reinking's energy in this number? I stopped watching at 2:20, it was so dull.

I'll hold back my comments about her awful voice and equally awkward wig. Thumbs down.

re: Expensive Restaurant Near Theater District  Mar 29 2009, 08:00:28 PM
Look up THALIA. It's my favorite. High end, but reasonable. YUM
re: ROA Drinking...  Feb 19 2009, 05:54:10 PM
Mary Poppins' bar stay open the entire show, and audience members can purchase alcohal in "sippy cups" and bring them back to their seats...
re: Cast Recordings You Wish You Hadn't Bought  Jan 26 2009, 06:49:18 PM
Hero... the musical about Jesus in Bethlehem, Penn. GHETTO.

Runaways.
Bombay Dreams, though the show was entertaining.

re: Have Extra Tickets for August and Joey  Jan 9 2009, 09:17:45 AM
PPC. I Pmd you.
re: 'What the Buck' guy to see Gypsy  Jan 3 2009, 11:07:25 AM
Michael Buckley actually is a great guy.

As a director, his Massachusetts production's of Into the Woods and Little Shop of Horrors a few years ago were fantastic. As an actor, sis Hysterium in Funny Thing... Forum was also priceless.

His youtube serious may be loud, but his over-the-top humor seems intentional. I vote NOT a douche.

re: Thoughts on Brenda Braxton as Velma?  Dec 31 2008, 07:02:28 PM
I've got to give Brenda Braxton credit for being nearly SIXTY and kicking her face.

And Bianca is a brilliant Roxie. I support bringing her back whenever possible.

When is Christina Applegate going to join as Roxie? She'd be perfect.

The clips of Ashlee Simpson didn't look too bad, It would be nice to see her Roxie as well.

How about Paula Abdul as Velma?

I'm sure everyone possible has been suggested and/or considered at this point...

re: Christina Applegate as Sweet Charity  Dec 20 2008, 10:12:08 AM
I thought Christina was fantastic. Very Loveable. Singing wasn't her strenght, but I found it appropriate and somewhat comparable to Gwen Verdon, who's voice does nothing for me.

As posted above, Christina is a trained dancer who moved very well, especially considering her injury.

re: Who edited Rent: HIgh School Edition?  Dec 7 2008, 10:44:00 AM
I think the changes are minimal and unoffensive. No problems here.
re: Joseph...Dreamcoat music key?  Sep 23 2008, 02:23:03 PM
I dont know where the confusion is, but Joseph IS a male.

The narrator is female, and we are seeking the score in a slightly lower key- as it is on most of the recordings.

re: Joseph...Dreamcoat music key?  Sep 23 2008, 11:49:02 AM
Yes I am talking about the Narrator, though her songs often involve or lead into songs for the rest of the cast.

I don't have the score in front of me, but if you could let me know (via PM of Message) what key's you have music in, that would be great.

Joseph...Dreamcoat music key?  Sep 23 2008, 10:26:59 AM
...So the licensed version on Joseph...Dreamcoat is in the original key, which is written to be sung by a man (or a soprano). Most versions are instead belted by an alto, but that key is not available from RnH.

Does anyone know where I can obtain a lower key of the score? My music director is not able to transpose both the parts for the orchestra (7 parts) as well as the vocals.

Thanks in advance.

re: Patti almost not Madame Rose?  Sep 19 2008, 01:44:58 PM
Actually, The Sam Mendes revival had ALWAYS been for Peters, there was never an oppertunity for Lupone (or anyone else) to be considered. Laurent's said this in an interview (I will search for which...)
re: Dinner and a show  Sep 9 2008, 12:55:53 PM
My favorite NICE, non-touristy restaurant immediately outside Times Square
re: Any high school productions that actually do a show justice?  Sep 8 2008, 12:42:52 PM
High School Student's Company:

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You