Joseph...Dreamcoat music key?

newsieboy23 Profile Photo
newsieboy23
#1Joseph...Dreamcoat music key?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 10:26am

...So the licensed version on Joseph...Dreamcoat is in the original key, which is written to be sung by a man (or a soprano). Most versions are instead belted by an alto, but that key is not available from RnH.

Does anyone know where I can obtain a lower key of the score? My music director is not able to transpose both the parts for the orchestra (7 parts) as well as the vocals.

Thanks in advance.

The Ghost of Kringas Profile Photo
The Ghost of Kringas
#2re: Joseph...Dreamcoat music key?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 10:50am

You are playing a lady Joseph?

BNN
#2re: Joseph...Dreamcoat music key?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 11:01am

I hope we are talking about the Narrator here. Anywho, can you provide some of the key signatures for the songs in question? I have access to the score that may or may not be different than the licenced one.

Tick Tock

newsieboy23
#3re: Joseph...Dreamcoat music key?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 11:49am

Yes I am talking about the Narrator, though her songs often involve or lead into songs for the rest of the cast.

I don't have the score in front of me, but if you could let me know (via PM of Message) what key's you have music in, that would be great.

The Ghost of Kringas Profile Photo
The Ghost of Kringas
#4re: Joseph...Dreamcoat music key?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 12:19pm

You'd think they would have thought of this before they cast you as Lady Joseph.

newsieboy23
#5re: Joseph...Dreamcoat music key?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:23pm

I dont know where the confusion is, but Joseph IS a male.

The narrator is female, and we are seeking the score in a slightly lower key- as it is on most of the recordings.

PSLove302 Profile Photo
PSLove302
#6re: Joseph...Dreamcoat music key?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:27pm

R&H doesn't have "Transpose-For-Order" like MTI has? It's a few extra hundred dollars but if you can't find the version of the score you need.... don't be cheap.

"I don't see that many plays, and for me, musicals are rarely pleasing. I feel the actors are being put through a kind of nightmarish labor. They're like animals being forced to pull heavy carts of vegetables at incredible speeds." --- Wallace Shawn

BNN
#7re: Joseph...Dreamcoat music key?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 3:09pm

Ok well here is what I have:
Prologue - D Major
Any Dream... - C Major
Jacob and Sons - E Major
Poor, Poor Joseph - F Major into D Flat Major

That's the first couple numbers if its any help.

Tick Tock

Videos