News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bekk99

bekk99 Profile Photo
Member Name: bekk99
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24  Apr 24 2024, 04:33:17 PM

Loved the show. My Lucky Seats were in the second row center orch. A little too close, but I was happy with it. My friend for tonight got Row J orch to the farther left side, so they will miss a little bit of the staging and perhaps one of the singers.

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24  Apr 23 2024, 04:08:57 PM

FWIW... I won on Lucky Seat for the matinee tomorrow and my best friend won for the evening haha. Not sure if that is indicative of how easy this one will be in the long run.

Full cast announced for Suzan-Lori Parks' SALLY & TOM at the Public Theater  Apr 17 2024, 01:53:26 PM

Saw the first preview and really enjoyed it! Haven't read any reviews, but I assume there was some tightening since then.

Stage Door Experiences Lately  Apr 9 2024, 11:59:05 AM

Had a wonderful experience at Appropriate this weekend! The leads came out pretty quickly and were all happy to sign and quite conversational/appreciative of folks seeing the show. Sarah especially was a treat and took her time with posing for photos when asked.

Merrily Attendance - Spring 2024  Apr 1 2024, 10:55:28 AM

Thanks for the informative responses!

As luck would have it, I attended via my friend’s purchased tickets on 3/27 (Lindsay was out), but then I finally won the lotto for 3/29 (Lindsay was in and wonderful).

Merrily Attendance - Spring 2024  Mar 25 2024, 01:15:55 PM

Can anyone report on how the 3 leads’ attendance has been lately? Thinking ahead to my tickets this Wednesday evening 3/27. Thanks!

Taylor Schilling, Gabby Beans to star in world premiere of Kate Douglas’ THE APIARY at Second Stage  Nov 14 2023, 04:21:45 PM

I liked this (and Taylor) when 2ST presented it as a reading fairly recently. I'm sure Gabby will be wonderful in the role that Kara Young was also wonderful in. 

HARMONY previews  Oct 24 2023, 12:54:34 PM

bwaylyric said: "Anyone have success with rush or lottery for this? Where are the seats located?"

I did the $18 rush around 11 AM last week (maybe the last of those tickets). My seat was in Orch O on the left - slightly farther back than would be my preference, but an amazing price for a full view (there is a bit of business that occurs in the front of the house as well as the boxes).

Haydn Gwynne Has Passed Away  Oct 20 2023, 11:56:30 PM

So sad, she was also spunky and sublime just this past May as the "Prue" character in the Bake Off Musical.

Daphne at LCT3  Oct 17 2023, 11:24:26 AM

I thought it was decent! Some interesting stagecraft tactics and five strong performances. Certainly not as bad as a lot of the reviews on Show Score are saying - it's not the event the worst thing I've seen at LCT3 ("Queens" comes to mind).

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed  Sep 30 2023, 10:23:52 AM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Back in 2021 when Lane/Peters did the reading, The Telegraph published a line of Buñuel lyrics:

If it isn’t the sun it’s the birdsong
If it isn’t the air it’s the view.
I’m completely undone
By the endless abundance of life,
Aren’t you?

Does anyone who has seen the show recall if these made it in? (And if you’re referring back to, oh, you know, documented memories of Thursda

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed  Sep 29 2023, 11:29:36 PM

I thought it was wonderful! I wouldn’t say Act II feels unfinished; I noticed 4-5 spots that would have been elevated by songs. 

Not a weak link in the cast. Pierce, Jones, O’Hare, and Diamond were my MVPs. I would generally say Battiste felt underused, as well as Bennett in Act II.

The production looks and sounds sublime. Surprisingly, I found the bits of choreo quite charming.

Our lottery seats were BB Center; obviously great but maybe two rows too clos

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Sep 28 2023, 01:09:30 PM

Just won the TodayTix lotto for the second preview! I had also bought tickets for 10/12, so we’ll see if I want to go back a second time and see what changed.

One night in London: Cabaret, Guys and Dolls, or Operation Mincemeat?  Aug 16 2023, 02:43:35 PM

I agree that this is a tough choice. I am personally waiting on the transfer of Cabaret. For pure enjoyment, I would have to recommend Guys & Dolls, however I already had an affinity for the show. I did a floor GA via TodayTix rush. Can't go wrong with Mincemeat - we had great seats from the lottery, and three out of three of us won for the same week.

Stage Dooring on the West End  Jul 11 2023, 03:21:13 PM

I think I only stage doored Brokeback during my May trip, but the stage door was right around back and had a small crowd gathering. Mike came out fairly quickly but Lucas took some time. They were both very sweet with signing, but I think an announcement was made before each appeared that they would not pose for photos.

Encores! 2023: LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA with Ruthie Ann Miles, DEAR WORLD with Donna Murphy, and OLIVER!  Jun 22 2023, 02:11:03 PM

I got the email from City Center for tonight (Thursday) indicating that patrons MUST be in line by 7 for the 7:30 curtain. I am assuming this is hyperbole, but can anyone who has gone already speak to it?

Sweeney Todd Standing Room  May 1 2023, 04:54:31 PM

A couple weeks ago, we went on a Thursday when it was already showing as sold out online. Got there a few minutes before 10, with 5 or 6 people in front of us. They started selling by 10:15, and we were able to get 4 for our group on the house right side. Perfect view for us with heights between 5'6" and 5'10". You only miss a bit of business (and a verse) in 2-3 scenes that happens higher up on stage.

Regretfully so the birds are  Apr 13 2023, 06:47:24 PM

I thought it was okay. The actually business of the birds was more interesting to me than the more human plot.

I enjoy Kristine, but her shtick is getting a little tired.

Shucked lottery seats  Apr 8 2023, 01:34:16 PM

A few weeks ago - fairly high left mezz, but not a bad view.

Chicago Rush  Jan 23 2023, 12:09:38 PM

I went by last Saturday just to check it out. The attendant said they hadn’t sold rush that day and usually will not have it available on weekends, but it’s more likely during the week. 

They also said SRO has been available most days, when the box office opens.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You